Pantera and Down frontman Phil Anselmo revealed last month the cover and release date of his first solo album Walk Through Exits Only. Today it is the premiere of the first song off the album, "Usurper's Bastard Rant". You can listen to the song over here if you are curious.

His first solo album comes out on July 19th via Season Of Mist in partnership with Anselmo's own Housecore Records with his band The Illegals.

Anselmo said about the song: "Traditions were meant to be celebrated and/or destroyed. The celebration is worn out in my view. It's time for more destruction, and this is exactly the point of 'Usurper Bastard's Rant.'"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals

Posted: 13.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Unhealer - 13.05.2013 at 21:43
Either the stream is shit or the mix is shit. The song is not as standard as I expected it to be, could be good if the production were better.
Bad English - 13.05.2013 at 21:51
Blood you post same news 2 times

and this song sucks , better power metal like in Pantera days
Scuzzy McDouche - 13.05.2013 at 23:39
Holy shit this sucks. Sorry, all I hear is random noise with a voice that "sorta" sounds like Phil in the middle of it all. It just makes me miss Pantera more than I already do.
TastetheSin - 13.05.2013 at 23:45
It's not a bad song. You can't hear the vocals over the music though. They need to fix that shit.
theFIST - 14.05.2013 at 00:25
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 13.05.2013 at 23:39

damn it, that got my hopes up
but no, it has to be something sounding similar to pantera....
Machiavelli - 14.05.2013 at 03:00
Not musical at all to my ears... looking forward to more Down.

News Deftones - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 9 20.09.2012 by Unhealer
News Wolfchant - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 02.02.2013 by
News Shade Empire - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 13.04.2013 by
News Hatriot - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 30.01.2014 by Absak
News De Profundis - Another New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 04.05.2012 by F.N.S.C.A.C