Here it is folks, the first taste off symphonic gothic metallers Sirenia's new album Perils Of The Deep Blue. The wait is over and you can go ahead and enjoy below the video for the new song "Seven Widows Weep". This album is the follow-up to The Enigma Of Life. Nuclear Blast has set its release for June 28th, 2013.

More details about the album can be found over here.

Band leader Morten Veland comments: "In April we went to Serbia to shoot a video clip for the song 'Seven Widows Weep'. We've been working with the Icode team again, this is the guys that also did the video clips for our first two videos; 'My Mind's Eye' and 'The Other Side'. We had a great time in Serbia, and the recording sessions turned out great. Now the post production is finished as well and we are very excited to share the video with our fans. We think that the guys at Icode did a great job and made a video that serves the song perfectly. The band is very pleased with the video, and we hope that you will enjoy it as well. Cheers!"

Perils Of The Deep Blue tracklist:

13. Blue Colleen [bonus track]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sirenia

Posted: 03.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

ManiacBlasphemer - 03.06.2013 at 19:14
Holy shit, if the entire album sounds like this song, then we can forget Tristania's latest and pave the path for Sirenia. This is beyond awesomeness! Ailyn sounds amazing in this song.
Ismarmlp - 03.06.2013 at 19:22
I love this song, I love this video! *_*
Unhealer - 03.06.2013 at 19:25
I didn't expect anything good from these guys again. Nor Tristania, and they also delivered.
Did the bands get better or is it just my tastes broadening? I should check the previous records again to make sure
Dark†SymphonY - 03.06.2013 at 19:29
This is actually really good, not a fan of the female singer though.
E†han1994 - 03.06.2013 at 19:33
Dang! You beat me to it.

I think this song is awesome, and I love the video too. Ailyn has gotten much better at singing in the last few years.
Opethian - 03.06.2013 at 19:42
It's a shame that they will replace her with another mediocre female vocalist for their next album, isn't that the Sirenia trend??
Ap46 - 03.06.2013 at 19:59
Ok, i already liked the song, but the video... :'D i love it.
pagb666 - 03.06.2013 at 20:38
Well, this time around it doesn't sound exactly the same as 'The 13th floor' album
BloodTears - 03.06.2013 at 20:55
Written by E†han1994 on 03.06.2013 at 19:33

Dang! You beat me to it.

Better luck next time, I'm sure

I also really like the song. The main riff is so catchy.
Rhiannon - 03.06.2013 at 21:16
Awesome song, can't wait for the album!
chrisʇrenounced - 03.06.2013 at 21:41
They fucking NAILED this one! Even from a month away Perils of the Deep Blue just reeks of awesomeness. Well done, Master Morten.
The Shape 1973 - 03.06.2013 at 21:54
Wasn't expecting that. After the last two poppy albums didn't think they had that in them. As other people have said, if the whole album is like that it will be amazing.
annodomini - 03.06.2013 at 23:04
Calm down. Yeah, this song is more than amazing, but all other samples sound not so promising.
Reaper_Redeamer - 03.06.2013 at 23:17
Lol guys calm down, we are listening to some of the worst albums from both sirenia's and tristania's history!
E†han1994 - 03.06.2013 at 23:52
Written by Opethian on 03.06.2013 at 19:42

Well, she's been in the band for 3 albums now, much longer than the other two. Maybe the band finally has a permanent vocalist.
WorpeX - 04.06.2013 at 02:03
AWESOME Song. Very impressed!! Doesn't even matter what the rest of the album is like, this one song alone makes the album better then 'Enigma of Life'. No song on that album was even close to this quality. Heres hoping that this album can compete with ' At Sixes and Sevens' (though its unlikely)!
PrinceOfDarkness - 04.06.2013 at 05:17
LEAK..LEAK..LEAK..LEAK..LEAK..LEAK.......of fuck i pissed my pants
btw..Damn....that's one deathly kiss in the end
theembryo - 04.06.2013 at 09:06
Indeed the Widows have such cause to weep! No choice, must get this to go with Tristiana's latest fucking cool shit!
Monolithic - 04.06.2013 at 09:42
My..."pashms"
I'm weeping right now, because it's TOO cool.
Angel_Lament - 06.06.2013 at 11:05
Awesome video, just like the song!
Fritillaria - 06.06.2013 at 11:47
Cheesy video, cheesy song, they repeat themselves over and over.The cheesiest moment in the video is when the drummer look into camera,goodness why the director told him to make that posture and look.WHERE THE HELL IS THE OLD DAYS OF SIRENIA !!!!
Fritillaria - 06.06.2013 at 11:48
Written by annodomini on 03.06.2013 at 23:04

very true I can't really get all of this buzz for this cheesy thing !
Rhiannon - 06.06.2013 at 19:35
Written by Guest on 06.06.2013 at 11:47

lol, I had a feeling you won't like this yes, it's very cheesy and not the heaviest or most brutal band, but people who like this genre will enjoy this song. Basically it's much better than anything from their their previous album, which is already a good thing. Although it's not the same level as At Sixes And Sevens, I agree.
Fritillaria - 06.06.2013 at 19:55
Written by Rhiannon on 06.06.2013 at 19:35

Uh-oh, seems that I expressed myself in an offending tone though I didn't meant that you know it's such a shame that bands in this genre get far from their old days when they were much better. I just don't mean that they should be brutal or something like that,but look was old Sirenia brutal? Not really, but generally they were really much better than what they sound newly, at least it's what I think or I should say in my opinion
Rhiannon - 06.06.2013 at 20:56
Written by Guest on 06.06.2013 at 19:55

No, you didn't offend me at all I just knew you don't like this genre (or what it has become) that much, so I wasn't surprised by your opinion But I agree, they were better, Tristania and Sirenia too. Although I really liked the 13th Floor (2009) album from Sirenia for some reason, despite it's cheesiness, and liked this song too.
Ap46 - 07.06.2013 at 00:05
Written by Guest on 06.06.2013 at 11:48

Written by annodomini on 03.06.2013 at 23:04

very true I can't really get all of this buzz for this cheesy thing !

Well, to each his/her own

News Sirenia - New Video 7.5 22.12.2006 by Katatronik