A couple of months ago, the release of the charity single "We Are" was announced for July 18th (Mandela Day). The single "We Are" features vocals from Serj Tankian and Ihsahn, as well as guitar solos by Devin Townsend. For the ones who are curious to see how these musicians merged for this Revolution Harmony project, now you can. Listen to the song from this dream collaboration right now on the official lyric video below.

British music lecturer and journalist Ray Holroyd arranged the song and is the man behind this project that aims to bring aid in the form of free music lessons and instruments for the children of South Africa. Find out more about it here or on the official website.

Source: revolutionharmony.org

Posted: 20.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

UnknownCheese - 20.06.2013 at 14:52
Terrible song; and the only singer worth listening to is playing a boring guitar solo. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.
Slyfang - 20.06.2013 at 15:21
Fantastic song. If I didn't know better, I would have guessed this was written by Arcturus or Borknagar.

Serj even reminds me of Vortex at times

However it is strange to me that this kind of music is used as some sort of charity single. It will alienate way more than it will attract.
Mad Arab666 - 20.06.2013 at 15:44
Actually sounds pretty good.
Cunt_Destructor - 20.06.2013 at 16:26
What a magnificent trio, guys!!!! It would be perfect if they released some album, for example! All these musicians are legends, each of them! And the song is really good. I agree with the comment above about some similarity of Serj and Vortex!
Thank You for those who have uploaded this song!
Carrion Misery - 20.06.2013 at 17:37
Serj can kiss my ass with his goofy, piss poor playschool vocals. This is like eating a filet mignon with ketchup or playing a neck-through 7 string Schecter guitar made out of styrofoam and plastic. Should have had Ihsahn/Devin on vocals w/ Devin/Loomis soloing. I'll admit--I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but oh well--fuck it.
seafood - 20.06.2013 at 17:42
After hearing it I want a full charity album with these guys.
!J.O.O.E.! - 20.06.2013 at 17:43
Written by Carrion Misery on 20.06.2013 at 17:37

Even if you'd have taken away Serj's vocals you would still have been left with a mediocre track. Nothing "filet mignon" about it.
Carrion Misery - 20.06.2013 at 17:54
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.06.2013 at 17:43

Written by Carrion Misery on 20.06.2013 at 17:37

lol yeah, I can agree with that. The track has too much potential, and too much potential is not a good thing. I suppose it's more like buying a filet mignon, and finding out when you cut into it that the center was replaced with hot dogs. Which I guess the ketchup in this case would make more sense. Either way, very disappointing.
Lit. - 20.06.2013 at 19:19
Who'd thunk it that three great musicians together can create such a average song?
BloodTears - 20.06.2013 at 20:52
It gets better toward the middle/end but it still lacks immensely. Oh well, the premise was good but it is what it is.
Unhealer - 20.06.2013 at 21:21
It's good, but not memorable. The mix and the drumming need a hand.
theFIST - 21.06.2013 at 19:06
Seems like the africans would be better off without the music lessons from someone that arranged this

News Serj Tankian, Devin Townsend, Ihsahn - To Appear On Charity Single 11.5 30.04.2013 by LeKiwi
News Devin Townsend - New Song Streaming Online 5.5 07.09.2012 by Opethian
News Ihsahn - New Single Streaming Online 5.5 07.10.2013 by Unhealer
News Serj Tankian - Entire New Album Streaming 5.5 23.09.2010 by Westvann
News Devin Townsend - Full Epicloud Album Streaming Online 5.5 13.09.2012 by IchZerstörteSie