After the long From Chaos To Eternity, the signing to AFM Records, the release of the live album Live - From Chaos To Eternity and Tom Hess' departure, Rhapsody Of Fire have finally returned to the studio for what will be their eleventh studio album.

Here's the brief statement released by the band on its official Facebook page: "Rhapsody Of Fire and AFM Records are extremely proud to announce that the production for the new studio album began. Alex and Oliver Holzwarth, the most epic brothers and the most thunderous rhythmic section in heavy metal, just finished their outstanding recordings. Roby De Micheli is next in line for the most powerful guitars ever performed in this band. Stay tuned for more news coming very soon."

What are you hoping the new album will bring?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody Of Fire

Posted: 02.07.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

R Lewis - 02.07.2013 at 21:10
Well, they said that they're going to return back to the style of "Emerald Sword" &co while maintaining the modern neoclassical elements of the "Dark Secret Saga". I don't really know what to expect...
The Shape 1973 - 02.07.2013 at 21:28
Written by R Lewis on 02.07.2013 at 21:10

I don't really know what to expect...

Disappointment.
CWA - 02.07.2013 at 21:47
Written by The Shape 1973 on 02.07.2013 at 21:28

Written by R Lewis on 02.07.2013 at 21:10

I don't really know what to expect...

Disappointment.

Don't be so pessimistic and keep an open mind. I can really see this album going either way. To me Luca will always be the more superior song writer and I was very pleased with Ascending to Infinity, so even If Strapoli can't rise to the occasion we still have an alternative (IMO, greater) Rhapsody to listen to. I myself am very excited to see the musical direction this album takes. The worse that I'm excepting from this is lack of originality, but I'm sure It will provide a lot fun time blasting in my car driving down the highway.

Bottom line, expectation: Standard (Which for me is better than most power/symphonic metal bands best).
Angel_Lament - 02.07.2013 at 22:51
Last album was pretty awesome, I don't see why not to expect the best from these guys, even without Luca...
ImperialTroll - 02.07.2013 at 23:22
More orchestras and keybaords would be great!! I have high hopes for this for some reason
Cronomaster - 02.07.2013 at 23:33
Written by The Shape 1973 on 02.07.2013 at 21:28

Written by R Lewis on 02.07.2013 at 21:10

I don't really know what to expect...

Disappointment.

It's impossible to expect dissapointment. You can be dissapointed only if your expectations were high. If you "expect dissapointment", it means you expect it to be weak, so if it really will be weak, your expectations will be matched - no dissapointment
Italics - 03.07.2013 at 02:46
The last album was pretty good, but a bit below par. My favorite album is probably still SoEL 2. I like their more symphonic works.
chronic-headache - 03.07.2013 at 03:52
As long as they don't get that neckbeard of a narrator on their first few albums, there's no way this can be a bad album.
AngelofDeth - 03.07.2013 at 04:04
Wow I didn't even know they had new material written... With all the stuff that's been going on I don't know what too expect from the album. Does anyone know what the writing duties have been like over the years? Ive only been able to see that Luca and Strapoli were the main instrument writers so it seems that they have a big gap to fill with the loss of Luca but Im still hopeful.
White Death - 03.07.2013 at 05:48
Written by CWA on 02.07.2013 at 21:47

Written by The Shape 1973 on 02.07.2013 at 21:28

Written by R Lewis on 02.07.2013 at 21:10

I don't really know what to expect...

Disappointment.

Well Said CWA
LeChron James - 03.07.2013 at 06:34
I hope they get someone better than Tom Hess to play guitar. He didn't look too comfortable playing some of their songs live.
mikeprado30 - 03.07.2013 at 06:54
Maybe they will harden more their sound (more dark voices made by Fabio) according with the direction taken in their 3 last albums (TFTOA, TCEOF & FCTE).

They have in their hands the future of the band, if is good or bad, it depends of them, if they decide to be hung to the past (Luca-dependence) or to untie of that.
Kamil - 03.07.2013 at 12:04
"The most powerful guitars ever performed" - hmmm, sounds interesting.
I would like to hear guitar stuff at minimum similiar to guitars on new Empyrios album, otherwise I will be dissapointed.
Radivoy - 03.07.2013 at 18:11
Finally! A Rhapsody album without Luca will be interesting to hear anyway

Written by chronic-headache on 03.07.2013 at 03:52

I don't know why, but I prefer the narrator from the first albums
DieH@rd - 05.07.2013 at 18:13
"The most powerful guitars ever performed"

They are bringing Luca back?
TrollandDie - 10.07.2013 at 03:16
More well-performed power metal-no matter how genric in approach- is always appreciated.
theembryo - 11.07.2013 at 09:18
Power metal guitar, Fabio's vocals seem fine for the style. Should be a good sound, this. (and Christopher Lee was a cool choice to narrate, IMHO).

News Rhapsody Of Fire - Details About New Studio Album 10.5 12.09.2013 by Angel_Lament
News Rhapsody Of Fire - New Album Trailer Online 9.5 08.10.2013 by R Lewis