The time has come to hear a new Fleshgod Apocalypse song, folks. The band has just premiered their brand new tune "Elegy" from Labyrinth. How does the follow-up to Agony sound like? You can finally hear a taste on the video below. Enter the labyrinth and tells us what you think about its musical passages.

The new opus will be released on August 16th, 2013 in Europe and August 20th in North America via Nuclear Blast and you can get all the details about it here.

Labyrinth tracklist:

01. Kingborn
02. Minotaur (The Wrath Of Poseidon)
03. Elegy
04. Towards The Sun
05. Warpledge
06. Pathfinder
07. The Fall Of Asterion
08. Prologue
09. Epilogue
10. Under Black Sails
11. Labyrinth

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fleshgod Apocalypse

Posted: 09.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

qlacs - 09.07.2013 at 22:19
This is love all the way. Crazy italian motherf-ers!!
Baz Anderson - 09.07.2013 at 22:32
Pretty nice... more of the same really.
Dark†SymphonY - 09.07.2013 at 22:38
Sounds like Agony, Part 2. Nothing original but still kept brutal. Those annoying male cleans vocals are back which I disliked in Agony
seafood - 09.07.2013 at 22:54
All hope was lost for a more Oracles-like sound. Well, whatever, it's still not bad - they basically turned into Two steps from hell with blastbeats.
theFIST - 10.07.2013 at 00:01
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.07.2013 at 22:32

Pretty nice... more of the same really.

agreed, but i think they did manage to make it more dynamic and exciting
at least this song seems to me like an improved version of what they did on agony
Kuroboshi - 10.07.2013 at 01:26
The guitars could be a bit more prominent, but it's a huge step forward. Looking forward to breaking my neck in August!
Rulatore - 10.07.2013 at 02:29
Written by theFIST on 10.07.2013 at 00:01

Written by Baz Anderson on 09.07.2013 at 22:32

Pretty nice... more of the same really.

agreed, but i think they did manage to make it more dynamic and exciting

^this
Zaphod - 10.07.2013 at 03:22
Pretty much what I want it to be.
Angel_Lament - 10.07.2013 at 04:13
Sounds more evolved and "fun" than Agony, looking forward now to it
Opethian - 10.07.2013 at 05:57
annodomini - 10.07.2013 at 09:17
Ultimate Jizz in pants!!!!!!!! Amazing!
Neroese - 10.07.2013 at 10:30
I love this female vocals at the chorus.
s_t_s - 10.07.2013 at 15:55
Nice follow up to Agony, being one of my latest "coup de coeur". I feel that I'm going to buy this new album Day One ! I already love this track and its nice little break at 3:00 or so
Sunioj - 10.07.2013 at 17:27
Not bad. Will listen to album.
Daniell - 10.07.2013 at 23:03
They have a few good tracks in their back catalogue, but this one is barely adequate.
Vermoorden - 11.07.2013 at 07:24
Sick track. Loved agony and can't wait for this one.
!J.O.O.E.! - 11.07.2013 at 11:58
Written by Daniell on 10.07.2013 at 23:03

I'm struggling to find what people find so great about this track. When you separate the theatrics from the metal you're left with something pretty limp.
Daniell - 11.07.2013 at 16:49
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 11.07.2013 at 11:58

I agree. The foundation of the song, which, I hope, is metal in this case, is weak. Sticking keyboards on top can't mask bad songwriting.
theFIST - 11.07.2013 at 18:37
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 11.07.2013 at 11:58

and when you separate almost any metal song from its drumming you get terrible results

bands usually work on creating an enjoyable final product, not a bunch of separate independent layers
!J.O.O.E.! - 11.07.2013 at 19:08
Written by theFIST on 11.07.2013 at 18:37

Of course my point was that the components of the song are all weak which explains the final result, which is indeed very weak. Sugar-coated, watered-down death metal. Theatrics don't improve an already weak song.
Unhealer - 11.07.2013 at 21:16
Written by Daniell on 11.07.2013 at 16:49

Actually I'd say the foundation is orchestral for this song, based on the mostly secondary role of the guitars. This is song IS the theatrics (as Joe put it) with death metal added, this is how this type of music is written often I believe.

I tried a few times to like this track but It doesn't click, it won't bother me on the album if the rest is good though.
s_t_s - 13.07.2013 at 15:23
Like it or not but stop crap talking about this is metal over symphony or the other way round...*

PS : don't mean to offend anyone, just tired of reading comments that try to dissect music. I like this or that and don't try to understand why, that's all
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.07.2013 at 17:40
Written by s_t_s on 13.07.2013 at 15:23

This would be a pretty boring forum if people stopped analysing the music. It would be filled with "I love this" and "I hate this" comments and nothing else If you don't want to take a closer look at the music then that's your prerogative, but don't moan at others for doing so.
s_t_s - 14.07.2013 at 14:21
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.07.2013 at 17:40

Written by s_t_s on 13.07.2013 at 15:23

Your choice but I like or dislike things and don't try to dissect them to understand why But to be honest, tho I love Fleshgod Apocalypse's previous album, AGONY, I'm fully aware that played live it must include a lot of recorded parts which is a bit of a letdown... Yet I love AGONY and hope LABYRINTH will be as strong, well at least the first track kicks ass (sorry if my analysis gets too complex here hehe

News Fleshgod Apocalypse - Another New Song Online 10.5 30.07.2011 by AXA
News Fleshgod Apocalypse - New Album Streaming Online 10.5 12.08.2013 by LeKiwi
News Fleshgod Apocalypse - New Song Online 10.5 06.07.2011 by DorianGray
News Fleshgod Apocalypse - EP Release Date Set, New Song Online 10.5 20.02.2010 by
News Anaal Nathrakh - New Song Streaming Online 7 02.10.2012 by J. N.