Trivium feel like sharing today and the first song from their upcoming sixth studio album is currently available for streaming and free download. You can now listen to the new tune "Brave This Storm" on the Soundcloud player below and download the track at this location. This is your first chance to listen to something from the new album Vengeance Falls. Enjoy it!

The new album was produced by David Draiman (Disturbed, Device) and will drop in the fall through Roadrunner Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Trivium

Posted: 31.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

psykometal - 31.07.2013 at 22:03
Well the track started off pretty good, but then it slowed down and the vocals kicked in and things went downhill. It's heavy, but the chugging rhythms on extended range guitars makes it sound kinda like they were trying to mix in some djent-style. Can definitely hear Draiman's influence on Matt's vocal delivery in certain areas, and there are other moments when he sounds a lot like Corey Taylor. I'll have to give it some more time and see what the other songs sound like before I write this album off.
hadriel - 01.08.2013 at 00:47
Written by psykometal on 31.07.2013 at 22:03

^Agreed. Can definitely hear the Corey Taylor in his voice. Pretty meh overall, but I wasn't expecting much. In fact, may even be a little stronger than what I was expecting from this album. Dunno why, but the song really reminds of Built To Fall at some points. Last album was pretty disappointing, so here's to hoping they have some stronger material to come.
psykometal - 01.08.2013 at 03:44
Written by hadriel on 01.08.2013 at 00:47

In Waves was a pretty disappointing album overall. In it's own right it was good, but as a follow up to Shogun (which was an incredible album to me) it was rather disappointing. Gotta give Trivium some credit though because from one album to the next you don't really know what you're going to get from these guys, they change so much about their style every time they write a new album. The only 2 albums where they retained any consistency was Ember To Inferno to Ascendancy, other than that it's been a guess what their next album will sound like.
DJ Cos - 01.08.2013 at 03:48
I agree... last album was way dissapointing, and this seems to be more of the same... slightly improved, but not near their earlier efforts. I did like the first 20 secs or so....
WorpeX - 01.08.2013 at 05:08
Wow. Can REALLY hear Draiman in his voice. The words "Brave this storm" doesn't even sound like its sung by the Trivium singer, sounds like David. Little disappointed in the fact that the song isn't very "Trivium" and its more mainstream metal. Still, I enjoyed it. Guitar work was still kickass!
F.N.S.C.A.C - 02.08.2013 at 13:39
Written by WorpeX on 01.08.2013 at 05:08

I didn't think metal got much more mainstream than trivium, pretty much the first thing anyone listens to if they want to be seen to like 'extreme' metal.
Personally I think the last album was a step up from shogun, an album on which on the songs seemed a bit samey to my ears (apart from a couple of decent tracks).
But this track doesn't exactly excite me for a new album.
WorpeX - 05.08.2013 at 13:28
Written by F.N.S.C.A.C on 02.08.2013 at 13:39

Written by WorpeX on 01.08.2013 at 05:08

But this track doesn't exactly excite me for a new album.

In america, Trivium isn't very mainstream. Bands like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold and Killswitch Engage are the mainstream metal here. "Black" is the only Tirivum song i've ever heard on the radio and it's a rarity to hear. Maybe my idea of Mainstream is just different though, idk.
psykometal - 05.08.2013 at 22:53
Written by WorpeX on 05.08.2013 at 13:28

Mainstream doesn't exactly mean it receives radio airplay. Trivium is pretty mainstream metal in the states too.
Sword_Chant - 07.08.2013 at 20:17
I liked it, reminds me a little of The Crusade and some of In Waves. Can definitely hear the Corey Taylor influence. This band has a lot of potential, hopefully this album will be less predictable - to me that was what made Shogun one of their best albums.
majohadica - 22.08.2013 at 12:35
It's very good song,but i hope that new album will got very power like this song.

News Deftones - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 11.5 20.09.2012 by Unhealer
News Amon Amarth - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 11.5 13.04.2013 by Vombatus
News Cradle Of Filth - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 11.5 14.09.2012 by Daniell
News Corrosion Of Conformity - New EP Available For Streaming And Download 10 13.11.2012 by KristinaAnnaIngeborg
News Arsis - New EP Available For Streaming And Download 10 05.12.2012 by Wraith000