Primal Fear have some fresh news regarding their new album. They have announced that they've finished the recordings for their tenth studio album, which shall be released worldwide in January, 2014 via Frontiers Records. The album is being produced by Mat Sinner and engineered by Achim Koehler. Mixing duties will be handled in September by Jacob Hansen (Volbeat) at Hansen Studios in Denmark.

Statement from the band: "It's the final day at the House of Music studios in Germany - drums, guitars, bass and all specials delivered. We've recorded 12 tracks incl. 2 epic songs, one guitar ballad and 9 crushing metal songs with all the trademarks you know and love to hear from Primal Fear."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Primal Fear

Posted: 05.08.2013 by Bad English

Comments

LeChron James - 05.08.2013 at 11:35
PLEASE stop trying to be a prog band and just go back to being a Painkiller-era Judas Priest cover band.
Iamawalker - 05.08.2013 at 13:51
Written by LeChron James on 05.08.2013 at 11:35

...When was Primal Fear ever a progressive metal band?
I think I get what you're saying anyway. I too, wouldn't mind some more Painkiller-worhip. But I really like their more majestic/experimental side as well.
When you say cover-band you're refering to their first few albums, right? Which one of those is your favorite?
LeChron James - 06.08.2013 at 02:28
Written by Iamawalker on 05.08.2013 at 13:51

...When was Primal Fear ever a progressive metal band?

I didn't say that they were ever a prog band. I guess I confused slowing down their music with changing genres. But my main point is that their slowed down pace and the music they've made to suit said pace is not good at all. Seven Seals was their last good album, but my favorites will still be Nuclear Fire and Devil's Ground. You?
sbuswell - 06.08.2013 at 02:43
Primal Fear is one of the most underrated metal bands on the planet. 9 awesome albums and I'm sure this album will kick ass too. I love Priest, but Primal Fear is just as good.
Iamawalker - 06.08.2013 at 03:27
Written by LeChron James on 06.08.2013 at 02:28

Ah okay, I understand.

I think my favorite so far is Seven Seals (but I'm missing quite a few of their albums; Jaws, Nuclear, Devil's and 16.6... So I guess my opinion on this band might not be the most relevant, haha. ).

I can recall reading a lot of great things about Nuclear Fire and a lot of "bad" things about Devil's Ground; I guess the two seem to be held in the opposite corners among quite a few fans (but maybe I'm dead wrong), so it's interesting those two are your favorites.

The last album seemed to be a bit more back to the roots (but then I haven't heard 16.6 so I wouldn't know about that one)? But still in a bit more restrained manner than what was the case on the earlier stuff?

I can see your point about Seven Seals being the last good one; New Religion was definetely not as consistent quality wise (and the bumped-up orchestral/atmospheric elements didn't seem to contribute as much good like they did with its predecessor. Though I did welcome that presence quite a bit.).

Looking forward to their new album though. Maybe they'll strike that fine balance between older and newer sounds. Like you said, about making different kind of music to go along with the slower pace. That'd be cool.

News Primal Fear - New Album Update 9.5 15.04.2013 by LeChron James
News Primal Fear - Unveil New Album Title 9.5 05.10.2013 by LeChron James
News Primal Fear - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 07.02.2012 by Truemetaljope
News Primal Fear - Start Working On New Album 9 24.10.2006 by Baz Anderson