French tech death metallers Gorod have recently announced the departure of their drummer Samuel Santiago. Samuel was part of the group for the last 5 years, appearing on Process Of A New Decline and A Perfect Absolution studio albums. Check out the full statement of the band below.

The band states: "Hello to you all. These few words to let you know that our drummer Samuel Santiago is no longer in Gorod. The reasons for this split up only concern Samuel and Gorod, no other statements will be made about this.

The few gigs booked for the end of the year are confirmed and will be done with a temporary drummer. These gigs will be the the last concerning A Perfect Absolution album. In the following weeks Gorod will focus and start to compose for a new album...and - we have few ideas - we will search for a new drummer. More news soon."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gorod

Posted: 29.08.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

qlacs - 29.08.2013 at 11:35
IMO Gorod is falling apart...
Diverge - 29.08.2013 at 16:37
Written by qlacs on 29.08.2013 at 11:35

IMO Gorod is falling apart...

I don't quite understand how you've reached that conclusion. It's not like he was the original drummer or anything. As far as I'm aware, Sam has played since Process of a New Decline, and without very much criticism. Maybe it is slightly disconcerting that they won't even tell us why he's leaving, but I definitely wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Gorod is falling apart.
btbamfan20 - 29.08.2013 at 22:29
NOOOO!!! He's their best drummer yet!!! PLEASE find a decent replacement, one that can play Transendence flawlessly... :L I hope this band continues, their my fav tech death band to date
Diverge - 30.08.2013 at 04:06
Written by btbamfan20 on 29.08.2013 at 22:29

I'm a huge Gorod fan, but I honestly don't think Sam was noticeably better than Sandrine.
Traezeus - 30.08.2013 at 05:53
Shit. I really liked their new drummer.. I personally thought he was more interesting than their previous one. Either way, I have faith that they can still put out some awesome material. I love of all their albums, and the new sound that they defined on a Perfect Absolution really stood out to me. Can't wait for their next album.. hopefully this incident won't prolong that for too long
Valaskjalf - 30.08.2013 at 15:05
Hopefully they will return to making proper tech death instead of whatever "core" it was on Perfect Absolution
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.08.2013 at 16:25
Written by Valaskjalf on 30.08.2013 at 15:05

You are clearly tripping balls if you think there was anything -core related on that album. In either light, it might not have been a brilliant album but it was far better than the brickwalled shit stain that was A Process Of New Decline (surely the most apt album title ever).
Diverge - 31.08.2013 at 17:29
Written by Valaskjalf on 30.08.2013 at 15:05

They play tech-death, although with vocals that are obviously influenced by hardcore. This doesn't constitute describing Gorod as a -core band, and I can guarantee you that you're the only one on Metal Storm that would hold this view.
AberrantBeing - 06.09.2013 at 03:58
Process of a New Decline was by far one of the highest techy masterpieces filled with pure song writing skills and instrument playing skills that overshadow the ability of most bands. that album as well as Perfect Absolution had ridiculous drumming that i will definitely miss. that guy really knew how to make tech metal drumming flow with the music.

News Alestorm - Part Ways With Drummer 7 14.06.2008 by Jonnz of Steel
News To/Die/For - Part Ways With Drummer, Replacement Announced 7 20.10.2008 by LeChron James
News Equilibrium - Part Ways With Vocalist And Drummer 7 10.02.2010 by Baz Anderson
News The Old Dead Tree - Part Ways With Drummer 7 22.10.2007 by Katatronik