Good news for Edguy fans! The German band has just announced the possible release date for its 10th record, the follow-up to Age Of The Joker. The band plans to release it in April or May next year. Now that the Avantasia world tour is over, Tobias Sammet and Felix Bohnke are about to get back to the rehearsal studio with Edguy to work on their new studio album.

This is the what the band's main man Tobias Sammet has to say regarding this: "We're done whenever we're done, but realistically we hope to release it in April or May. We'll see what material we have and then we'll go from there and take our time to come up with what's hopefully gonna be the greatest Heavy Metal record in the history of mankind."

What do you expect from this album?

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 01.09.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

WarriorFenix - 01.09.2013 at 21:02
What do i expect from this album?

"the greatest Heavy Metal record in the history of mankind.""

Not that anyway. something more like Hellfire Club/Mandrake and less like the last one would be nice.
R Lewis - 01.09.2013 at 21:04
Written by WarriorFenix on 01.09.2013 at 21:02

Something more like Hellfire Club/Mandrake and less like the last one would be nice.

Edguy are not that kind of band anymore, sadly. Tobias is focusing all the energy on Avantasia, Edguy has become his little toy, and I don't think he even cares a lot about it anymore...
CWA - 02.09.2013 at 01:33
I just hope they return to power metal again.
mikeprado30 - 02.09.2013 at 02:37
Just release music that rejoice my ears and I'll be happy ^_^
Super_Greg - 02.09.2013 at 04:30
Idk I was thinking it was going to be more hard rock again, but on his Facebook page, Tobes keeps saying his new shit sounds "epic" liek old Edguy. I hope so!
dougver1 - 02.09.2013 at 07:41
Well, I'm hoping for something other than cock-rock this time around. I just hope Tobi's had his fun with the whole bon jovi thing and is over the ordeal now...
Ellrohir - 02.09.2013 at 14:38
I will wait and hope
The Shape 1973 - 02.09.2013 at 17:19
Everything he has done since Rocket Ride, either with Edguy or Avantasia has been a bit Bon Jovi. That's what he seems to like, so I would expect more of the same.

The days of straight forward power metal are gone. I don't know what has sold the best for him, rock or metal, I don't know which is more popular with his fans. I just know which I prefer.
Angelic Storm - 02.09.2013 at 21:29
I actually thought their last album was pretty good.... certainly better than the two albums that came before it at any rate. It would be nice to hear a pure power metal album from Edguy again though!
Lord_Regnier - 06.09.2013 at 01:14
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.09.2013 at 21:29

It would be nice to hear a pure power metal album from Edguy again though!

It will never happen.
Vombatus - 06.09.2013 at 01:35
Tobias said on the Avantasia facebook page (referring to Edguy): "Working on new stuff that sounds a lot like classic traditional Edguy".

sooooo, maybe more powerish metal Edguy is a posibility.
Angelic Storm - 06.09.2013 at 01:56
Written by Lord_Regnier on 06.09.2013 at 01:14
It will never happen.

Perhaps not, but one can still live in hope! Nice to see you here posting again, by the way.

Written by Vombatus on 06.09.2013 at 01:35

sooooo, maybe more powerish metal Edguy is a posibility.

Well, hopefully he is being genuine there, and isn't just spouting hot air... I don't mind a bit of the hard rock Edguy from time to time, but a full-blown return to their power metal origins is long overdue I think.

News Edguy - Tracklist Of The New Album 7.5 27.09.2008 by NaittsirK
News Edguy - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 7.5 28.01.2014 by Vombatus
News Edguy - New Album Tracklist Revealed 7.5 15.02.2014 by R Lewis
News Edguy - New Album Cover Art Revealed 7.5 02.02.2014 by FeskarN
News Arch Enemy - DVD Release In The Works, New Album Planned For 2014 5.5 29.10.2012 by theFIST