Thrashers Warbringer have chosen today to reveal the cover artwork that will grace their new album IV: Empires Collapse. Century Media also confirmed a new street date for the release on October 28th, 2013 in Europe and October 29th in North America. It's just a few days later, don't worry. According to the band, the art created by Adrienne Rozzi reflects the music, so check it out below.

IV: Empires Collapse is also the studio recording debut for former Mantic Ritual members Jeff Potts (guitar) and Ben Mottsman (bass). You can hear the band in the studio here.

The band checked in to comment about the artwork: "The artwork for Empires Collapse came about from wanting to take a much more focused and simplistic approach. Previous Warbringer album covers are extremely detailed, busy works, so it was a conscious decision to have art that was the antithesis of what we had done before. John Laux came up with the concept, so we had our friend Adrienne Rozzi make up a sketch, which led to us having her follow through with the final piece. It's incredibly different from what most fans would expect for a Warbringer album cover, but we wanted the art to visually reflect the music. The piece reminds me of a Tarot Card illustration and sets a very cryptic, somber vibe which associates well with the music that ties into the album's title."

The album's tracklist is:

01. Horizon
02. The Turning Of The Gears
03. One Dimension
04. Hunter-Seeker
05. Black Sun, Black Moon
06. Scars Remain
07. Dying Light
08. Iron City
09. Leviathan
10. Off With Their Heads!
11. Towers Of The Serpent

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Warbringer

Posted: 05.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Apothecary - 05.09.2013 at 20:19
Cool stuff, looks like a Tarot card
Mattybu - 05.09.2013 at 22:04
That artwork fucking sucks hard.
exomorphyx89 - 05.09.2013 at 22:07
Warbringer delivers great music but this cover artwork is fuckin' nauseating; it doesn't fit at all a thrash metal album cover.
Machiavelli - 05.09.2013 at 22:08
Written by Mattybu on 05.09.2013 at 22:04

That artwork fucking sucks hard.

... it does... in fact it sucks so hard it sucked the intestines out of that dead homeless guy sitting on that throne...
Mattybu - 05.09.2013 at 22:17
Written by Machiavelli on 05.09.2013 at 22:08

It sucks harder than a Dyson. It sucks so bad it sucked a little of my anticipation for this album right out of my body.
Cynic Metalhead - 05.09.2013 at 22:42
I like the cover art. It's pretty unique in its own right.

damn different from previous Warbringer albums for sure. But, this is not one of those band that will disappoint with the new material.

So far we have Overkill, Warbringer, Vektor, Onslaught, Gama Bomb, Death Angel, Lich King( I heard they're writing new material) and loads moar!

gonna be interesting thrash releases this year.
J. N. - 05.09.2013 at 22:47
"The artwork for Empires Collapse came about from wanting to take a much more focused and simplistic approach. Previous Warbringer album covers are extremely detailed, busy works, so it was a conscious decision to have art that was the antithesis of what we had done before. It's incredibly different from what most fans would expect for a Warbringer album cover, but we wanted the art to visually reflect the music that ties into the album's title."
- Carlos
psykometal - 05.09.2013 at 23:24
The artwork is something I would have expected from Condor, not Warbringer. I have no issue with the artwork, looks kool. I'm still stoked.
Ritual_Suicide - 05.09.2013 at 23:27
The cover looks like something you'd expect from a doom or stoner metal band.
Lit. - 06.09.2013 at 00:01
^What they said. I'm surprised, but I'm not disappointed. I'm more on the fence with the song titles.
LeChron James - 06.09.2013 at 01:15
BRING IT!
Azmo Lozmodial - 06.09.2013 at 02:00
This doesn't fit their exciting music at all :/
CWA - 06.09.2013 at 06:56
I feel their going to have a more refined and sophisticated thrash metal sound by the looks of the cover, but I could be wrong. I don't think I will be disappointed in the album though.
Sir Thrashalot - 06.09.2013 at 23:09
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 05.09.2013 at 22:42

I like the cover art. It's pretty unique in its own right.

gonna be interesting thrash releases this year.

Totally, I am freaking out right now. Very few good thrash album in 2013 but next year should be a blast !

On a side note, I do like the cover a lot, it gives a different look to the classic thrash style album covers, but it doesn't represent it very well. ( Would have been a nice Behemoth cover though lol)

News Gorguts - New Album Cover And Tracklist Unveiled 10 19.06.2013 by theFIST
News October Tide - New Album Cover And Tracklist Unveiled 10 25.01.2013 by woodsmoke666
News Darkane - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Unveiled 10 10.05.2013 by cossaisVendeurs
News Tiamat - New Album Cover Art, Tracklist And Release Date Unveiled 10 10.09.2012 by Opethian
News Watain - New Album Cover And Tracklist Unveiled 10 12.06.2013 by Mr. Doctor

Hits total: 2056 | This month: 51