After a series of reunions and breakups over the last several years, it appears that Static-X is now officially over. Frontman Wayne Static posted a message online at the Static-X's Facebook profile announcing the end of Static-X but he will continue to play the band's songs on his solo tours.

Message issued: "Heads Up Y'all, with the Static X name dissolved, this page as well as the website may be going down soon. Be sure to like my personal page so that we can keep in touch and just to clarify, yes, I will be playing Static X songs on our Wisconsin Death Tour next year! I will post the new website info soon from my Facebook page."

Wayne Static has been touring as a solo act with a backing band after releasing the album Pighammer and also appeared in the video game Eternal Descent: Heavy Metal Heroes.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Static-X

Posted: 06.09.2013 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

Bad English - 06.09.2013 at 12:05
@staff - band splits up, spmeone need to fix a style years and put it to end whit 2013
Hex_Omega - 06.09.2013 at 13:30
Oh well... At least they have realesed one nice album.
Spirit Molecule - 06.09.2013 at 14:15
Ah, didn't we all see this coming? There is only so long that you can use so much hair gel without causing problems
Neroese - 06.09.2013 at 14:39
Nothing special. It was sure. Besides - I didn't like Shitic X overall, so I feel pleasure to hear that & it's not muthafukin industrial metal -.-
Hex_Omega - 06.09.2013 at 14:41
Written by Guest on 06.09.2013 at 14:39

it's not industrial metal

First album is. And thats the only good album from them.
psykometal - 06.09.2013 at 14:50
Written by Spirit Molecule on 06.09.2013 at 14:15

A) He uses glue, not gel. B) He still glues it up for his solo work (at least from what I've seen). However I agree, after 19 years of doing that shit for every public appearance and most interviews that he does, you'd think he'd be incredibly sick of that shit and just say "fuck that!". But I guess some people are just more dedicated to their signature appearance than others. *shrug*
Spirit Molecule - 06.09.2013 at 15:16
Written by psykometal on 06.09.2013 at 14:50

Wait are you serious? Glue?? Fucking hell, I can't imagine what the post gig procedure is
psykometal - 06.09.2013 at 15:46
Written by Spirit Molecule on 06.09.2013 at 15:16

Well, hair product companies do make "hair glue". It's not like he's dousing his hair with a bottle of Elmer's. Hair glue keeps the spikes much more rigid, and lasts longer than hair gel; dries a little faster too.
Lit. - 06.09.2013 at 16:53
At any rate, it's a shame. They may have only released one good album, but I would've like to see them live.
Hope they do reunion shows.
psykometal - 06.09.2013 at 19:54
I actually liked their first 3 albums, granted I'd have been much happier if they kept more of the Wisconsin Death Trip style, but I still enjoyed Machine and Shadow Zone. Did not care for anything after that, way too watered down and not very Static-X. Glad to see they've decided to call it a day rather than continuing to release albums that most people really don't give a fuck about. But that is awesome that Wayne will still perform Static-X songs on his solo career tours, I might actually go to a Wayne Static show one of these days just to see some of those songs live.
Big-Al - 06.09.2013 at 21:13
Ah well... for the last 10 years "most" people have seen them as dead. 2013 and they finaly admit it too.

They did pretty good for themselves.
jupitreas - 07.09.2013 at 04:06
What a fantastic way for Wayne to advertise his upcoming tour. Lets just not forget that his solo stuff is just as shit as the majority of Static-X music (first 2 albums excluded, as they are tolerable, but still not exactly groundbreaking).
reload3591 - 07.09.2013 at 09:06
I loved Shadow Zone. Deal with it. XD
Cynic Metalhead - 07.09.2013 at 09:12
Written by Spirit Molecule on 06.09.2013 at 14:15

"Hair gel"? Hehe.

That much hair gel could have fucked him. He would have gone bald up to now.

As Psyko said, he uses lot of glue on his hair and as far I remember he use to take some medicines to avoid side effects of it.
Neroese - 07.09.2013 at 09:43
I'll gave 100 Euros for someone, who will find a photo of Shitic's hair down!
psykometal - 07.09.2013 at 15:46
Written by Guest on 07.09.2013 at 09:43

I'll gave 100 Euros for someone, who will find a photo of Shitic's hair down!

Neroese - 07.09.2013 at 18:41
Psyko, HOW?!?

Strange to see him without 'Dragon Ball alike' hair...
psykometal - 07.09.2013 at 19:28
Written by Guest on 07.09.2013 at 18:41

Psyko, HOW?!?

Strange to see him without 'Dragon Ball alike' hair...

Google search. Yea, he does look strange without it. I keep waiting to see him finally say "fuck it" and stop doing that shit beause it's a lot of work. I've seen an interview with him about the process, it's ridiculous; it's like 2-3 hour process.
Neroese - 08.09.2013 at 10:35
Yea, I'm sorry for his hair.
crucifiedjesus - 08.09.2013 at 19:23
Quote:
Quote:

2-3 hours to look like a complete fool
psykometal - 08.09.2013 at 20:26
Written by crucifiedjesus on 08.09.2013 at 19:23

2-3 hours to look like a complete fool

Something like that. It was an interview that came on the Shadow Zone digipak, if i recall correctly.
Fritillaria - 08.09.2013 at 20:47
Their first two albums musically are quite fine , I wish they had other kind of vocals for their music instead of quitting
psykometal - 09.09.2013 at 02:25
Written by Fritillaria on 08.09.2013 at 20:47

Well the problem is that Wayne owns the rights to the name and songs. Wayne and Tony have been fighting over the name for years, I assume Tony felt the same as you and wanted to continue as Static-X with a new frontman, but since Wayne owns the rights it was his decision on where to go and what to do. And Wayne finally got tired of fighting with Tony and decided to just put Static-X to rest and continue on as a solo act.
Ritual_Suicide - 14.09.2013 at 21:08
No big loss. WDT was the only thing they put out worth a flying fig.
ThomasBryant - 18.09.2013 at 05:04
Yea I heard about that,sucks to hear that since I am a fan.But what can you do? although Wayne might do other things like that Pighammer album.Which I thought that one was alright,nothing that blew me away. I've mostly liked there stuff from WDT to Start a War I thought Cannibal and Cult of Static was alright.They had a lot more catchy stuff from albums like WDT Machine and Shadow Zone.I thought Start a War had a few but still good though.I also really liked Beneath Between Beyond.
ThomasBryant - 10.10.2013 at 21:39
I heard yesterday that Wayne is going on the Xmas tour.

News Hell Within - Call It Quits 4 27.10.2011 by Holy Man
News Insidious Decrepancy - Call It Quits 4 27.06.2012 by Lit.
News Thee Orakle - Call It Quits 4 04.08.2013 by LeKiwi