Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish have just revealed the cover artwork and more details about their upcoming new live DVD. Showtime, Storytime contains the entire Nightwish headliner show, played at this years' Wacken Open Air, the world's biggest heavy metal festival, with Floor Jansen fronting the band. The live show in front of 85 000 metalheads was directed by Ville Lipiäinen, filmed with seventeen cameras and has a total duration of 85 minutes.

Showtime, Storytime will be released on November 29th as a limited 2Blu-ray + 2CD digipak, limited 2DVD + 2CD digipak, limited 2CD digipak, 2LP (coloured) in gatefold and an exclusive Nuclear Blast Mailorder Edition. The pre-orders will be up soon.

The second disc consists of a 120-minute tour documentary Please Learn The Setlist In 48 Hours, also directed by Ville Lipiäinen, with no short of drama or madness. Also, there is a 16-minute Nightwish Table Hockey Tournament, filmed on tour. On top of this, there are two music clips: "I Want My Tears Back" (Live at Hartwall Arena) and "Ghost Love Score" (Live in Buenos Aires).

Mastermind Tuomas Holopainen stated before: "Our darling flying Dutchwoman, Floor Jansen, has been nothing but incredible during her time in Nightwish on this tour, so this is a perfect opportunity to immortalize the current vibe of the band on film!"

The tracklist is:

16. Outro (Imaginaerum)

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 16.09.2013 by /Marius

Comments

FeskarN - 16.09.2013 at 16:48
Yeah! Looking forward to hear Floor singing some classic Nightwish songs. She did a amazing job with "Ghost Love Score"
Rasa - 16.09.2013 at 17:08
Can't wait to see/hear Romanticide in all its glory.
Angel_Lament - 16.09.2013 at 17:48
Nice set, well except for the horrible "Romanticide" which I never managed to like!
Saidar - 16.09.2013 at 19:50
Don't like the cover but the documentary sounds (very) promising. Might offer some clues to what was going on when Anette left. And really looking forward to hear Floor sing all those songs in HQ.
Azarath - 16.09.2013 at 20:59
85 minutes is a bit short, but seeing as it has my two favourite Nightwish songs and is sung by the goddess herself, I think it's safe to say I'll be picking up this one.
Rhiannon - 17.09.2013 at 12:11
Epica and Nightwish both having live DVDs in November, it's like a dream came true!
But why isn't there a 2 DVD/Blu-ray only option, without the CDs? I don't care for live CDs, they usually have a much worse sound than the albums. Plus it will probably be much more expensive this way :-(
The Shape 1973 - 17.09.2013 at 14:52
Lost interest after the last album. Floor in the band...interest regained.
Azarath - 17.09.2013 at 23:01
Written by Rhiannon on 17.09.2013 at 12:11

But why isn't there a 2 DVD/Blu-ray only option, without the CDs? [...] it will probably be much more expensive this way :-(

I think you answered your own question. Nuclear Blast wants to make more money.

Personally, I would have bought the DVD/CD combo anyway (as long as the price difference was reasonable.).
The Evergreen - 19.09.2013 at 06:34
I have been looking forward to this. I was at the first show without Annette, the one where Elize Ryd filled in, and I was intrigued. When I heard that Floor Jansen was filling in, I was sad to miss those shows. So glad there's a DVD...

News Alestorm - Reveal New DVD Teaser 5.5 21.10.2013 by Machiavelli
News Marionette - New Album Details, Live Footage Of New Song Online 5.5 12.10.2011 by Black Conundrum
News Sonata Arctica - Reveal New Album Details 5.5 20.02.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Behold The Arctopus - Reveal New Album Details, Alter Name, Stream New Song 5.5 08.09.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Anubis Gate - Reveal New Album Details 5.5 17.02.2014 by Akula