Now that Iced Earth have completed the recording, mixing, and mastering for their new album Plagues Of Babylon, it is time to share the cover art that will grace the new opus. The cover was painted by Eliran Kantor and you can feast your eyes on it right now. Appetizing, isn't it? The exact release date of the album hasn't been divulged yet but early next year is the plan. The American band promises a heavy new album.

Plagues Of Babylon tracklist:

Looks good to me.
Ornusashas - 25.09.2013 at 21:44
Michonne
blacktooth85 - 25.09.2013 at 22:03
Deadly man!!
Daniell - 25.09.2013 at 22:13
Terribly ridiculous, or ridiculously terrble, as usual. I wonder whether it's a complete lack of taste on the band's side, or purposeful pandering to pre teens.
Risto - 25.09.2013 at 22:37
The zombies look kinda familiar, don't you think...
3rdWorld - 25.09.2013 at 22:45
Not bad. Gives a more aggressive aura to the album, wonder how it is gonna sound.
Mattybu - 25.09.2013 at 23:10
Written by Daniell on 25.09.2013 at 22:13

Since when were metal covers supposed to be tasteful? And what exactly about it panders to pre teens?

It's not really good but it isn't awful. The background and that big vertical shape going up the centre looks quite cool.
WorpeX - 25.09.2013 at 23:33
I love the old school feel to the cover. Looks like something from the "Dark Saga/Something Wicked" Era. Very nice!
Daniell - 25.09.2013 at 23:47
Written by Mattybu on 25.09.2013 at 23:10

Tasteful? Not necessarily. Not terrible? Please. This cover is godawful.
i think 95 out of 100 people who will like this cover will be pre teens. If you aren't one, you belong to the 5%
Mattybu - 26.09.2013 at 00:38
Written by Daniell on 25.09.2013 at 23:47

Written by Mattybu on 25.09.2013 at 23:10

Tasteful? Not necessarily. Not terrible? Please. This cover is godawful.

I didn't say it was tasteful, I was just pointing out that tastefulness in metal album covers really doesn't matter at all. In fact the sheer tastelessness of album art from bands like Cannibal Corpse is what makes their covers so enjoyable in the first place.

You still haven't really explained what about this cover makes it so awful or pre-teen oriented, obviously it's not groundbreaking work or anything but I don't find it that off-putting. I am actually curious about how this album will sound because Iced Earth keeps going on about how heavy it is going to be. Hopefully they don't fuck up the music just worrying about sounding too heavy. If anything that would be the meltdown of pre teen proportions
exomorphyx89 - 26.09.2013 at 02:00
Nice cover, I like it!
Zaphod - 26.09.2013 at 02:33
Pffff, it's ugly.
At least it's better than the shiny Dystopia cover.
Dark Cornatus - 26.09.2013 at 05:57
I think it's not bad. The worst part is the bottom with the zombies and miniature title. It just needs to stand out more. Better than half their other covers though.
Dark Cornatus - 26.09.2013 at 06:01
"The American band promises a heavy new album."

Good. The last album was definitely a fresh change from the two crappy albums prior to it (yes i liked TGB a lot - so it's not included). Dystopia was decent, but damn was it piss weak with power. Not a single song packed a punch. I think Stu was decent, but the guitar and drums were repetitive and almost background noise.
mikeprado30 - 26.09.2013 at 07:36
I like the cover, and I'm 27 y.o., so what?

Just to like something doesn't determine the age of someone (damn stereotypes)
Tristus Scriptor - 26.09.2013 at 07:47
One killer piece of metal album cover art! Classic-flavored and modernly vicious.
Daniell - 26.09.2013 at 16:56
Written by mikeprado30 on 26.09.2013 at 07:36

(damn stereotypes)

They're everywhere, deal with it
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.09.2013 at 17:21
This is quite bad vcover artwork. But it's not surprisiong loads of people here being metal lovers love the artwork, metalheads are renowned for their terrible taste in cover artwork.
Lehctim - 26.09.2013 at 23:20
Written by Daniell on 25.09.2013 at 22:13

dumbest comment ever. ok thats an over reaction. but it still suks ass
Daniell - 26.09.2013 at 23:29
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2013 at 17:21

Precisely. And they're seriously butthurt if someone points it out to them, which this thread shows
Valentin B - 27.09.2013 at 02:05
I did not quite expect this from Iced Earth, I've been a longtime fan of the band and a cover art this violent and bloody is a nice surprise I hope this album will be as heavy as this cover is!

And from what I see, the zombies are actually IE themselves, which adds a slightly ridiculous over the top twist to it.
Gopherhawk - 27.09.2013 at 23:51
Me gusta, jag gillar, jeg liker, I like.
Angelic Storm - 28.09.2013 at 05:51
Written by Valentin B on 27.09.2013 at 02:05

Yeah, I like the cover! I love how it has a gnarly, unrefined quality to it, but it's still a good quality painting.

Nah, I don't think the zombies are IE themselves... they don't resemble the band members at all...
Risto - 30.09.2013 at 18:33
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.09.2013 at 05:51

Schaffer had grey hair before he dyed them all dark. I agree with him
Stunning Cactus - 01.10.2013 at 03:38
FUCK yeah \m/
Valentin B - 02.10.2013 at 01:12
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.09.2013 at 05:51

it's them.. the guy in the middle is Stu Bloc (same face and hair and... facial hair ), and the one on the far right is Jon, he even has the grey goatee
TrollandDie - 06.10.2013 at 01:25
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.09.2013 at 22:45

Yeah, first bit of impressive art these guys have had in a long time.

News Necrophobic - Share New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 8.5 04.09.2013 by J. N.
News Red Fang - Share New Album Cover Art And Title 8.5 28.07.2013 by Mattybu
News Sepultura - Share New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 8.5 26.08.2013 by Unhealer
News Killswitch Engage - Share New Album Cover Art 8.5 24.01.2013 by Ace Frawley
News Orphaned Land - Share New Album Cover Art, Tracklist 8.5 23.04.2013 by JÄY