Chicago is a hot spot lately. After the burger of controversy, Blake Judd of Chicago-based black metallers Nachtmystium has reportedly been arrested according to the Cook County Sheriff's Department Of Corrections website on charges of theft by unauthorized control of property not exceeding $500 in value. He was booked on Saturday, October 5th and his bail has been set at $25,000. Judd's next court date is scheduled for Friday, October 11th.

The musician's booking photo can be seen below (courtesy of the Cook County Sheriff's Department Of Corrections).

Source: www2.cookcountysheriff.org
Band profile: Nachtmystium

Posted: 06.10.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Hallford9000 - 06.10.2013 at 21:29
He always seemed like a jerk to me.
Apothecary - 06.10.2013 at 21:31
Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:29

He always seemed like a jerk to me.

And you base this upon what? Have you talked to him in person? Online? He's actually a very nice, down-to-Earth guy, so this news is a little disappointing
Hallford9000 - 06.10.2013 at 21:48
Quote:

I don't know him personally, but had a few beers with him a few years ago at a metalfest in Slowenia. He had a massive ego trip and insulted the whole festival management. So, I base my opinion on that.
Gothmog_Motsham - 06.10.2013 at 21:58
That is just hilarious What did he steal??
RottingDeathHead - 06.10.2013 at 22:00
That seems like a shitload of money for stealing something under the value of $500 bucks.
Apothecary - 06.10.2013 at 22:06
Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:48

Had a few beers with him a few years ago at a metalfest in Slowenia. He had a massive ego trip and insulted the whole festival management. So, I base my opinion on that.

Oh boy, alcohol continues to work its wonders
mz - 06.10.2013 at 22:34
At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend and torturing her with tattooing tools
Apothecary - 06.10.2013 at 22:35
Written by RottingDeathHead on 06.10.2013 at 22:00

Welcome to the American "justice" system
Fritillaria - 06.10.2013 at 22:40
And I guess this qualifies the list of Reaper :/
Fritillaria - 06.10.2013 at 22:44
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 22:34

At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend

wtf ! That's hilarious ! who rapes his girlfriend ! I mean if a guy has a girlfriend, it doesn't make sense to rape his own girlfriend
Vombatus - 06.10.2013 at 22:56
Written by Fritillaria on 06.10.2013 at 22:44

Wrest from Leviathan doesn't think so.... you might want to ask him
mz - 06.10.2013 at 23:17
Written by Fritillaria on 06.10.2013 at 22:44

Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 22:34

At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend

I was going to reply this and saw that another user has already done that. Remmember the link I gave you in "the most handsome guy in metal" tread? That's the guy you are looking for
you might want to check these this and this
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.10.2013 at 23:22
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 22:34

I thought that charge was dropped and he was found not guilty =P
mz - 06.10.2013 at 23:29
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.10.2013 at 23:22

Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 22:34

I thought that charge was dropped and he was found not guilty =P

I remember reading somewhere that he, when asked about the incident, did not deny that. I cannot find that page right now unfortunately
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.10.2013 at 23:31
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 23:29

Oh really? Hmm, he's an odd man. I thought it was shown in court that she was a bit mental and prone to lying or something. His interviews often seem really inarticulate but if he didn't defend it that pretty much says it all!
mz - 06.10.2013 at 23:47
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.10.2013 at 23:31

hm, I was not aware of the result of the court and always wondered what is going on about that charge but as you stated, his reviews are inarticulate. Moreover, in few interviews I've read from him, he was somehow trying to sound as a fucked up, frustrated, ignorant and grim person. He might have lied in order to be considered evil
BloodJuNkie - 06.10.2013 at 23:57
LOL
Hallford9000 - 07.10.2013 at 00:09
Quote:
Oh boy, alcohol continues to work its wonders

Yeah, but I don't think alcohol changes people. It merely magnifies who you are.
BitterCOld - 07.10.2013 at 00:19
Written by Apothecary on 06.10.2013 at 22:06

Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:48

Oh boy, alcohol continues to work its wonders

Because festival managers and promoters are never corrupt or engage in shady practices? Might well have been merited, even if a rant ratcheted up by booze.
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.10.2013 at 01:06
Quote:
Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:48

maybe the festival management was totally crap and he was right to insult them. Nothing to do with an ego trip in that case. Maybe you as a visitor didn't notice the crappiness and total fucked up ness of the festival. AQn artist deals with them on a different level than a visitor. I've heard complaints aboiut many a fest by artists where I as visitor was only full of praise about but once I saw from a different perspective I could only agree with the artists
-DC-002- - 07.10.2013 at 02:43
Just guessing but it sounds like he was borrowing/renting something and held on to it too long.. I guess it's interesting for the headline but it's really kind of mundane sounding.
UnknownCheese - 07.10.2013 at 02:51
Guy is a known junkie shithead. His label was notorious for ripping people off. Why are people surprised such a "nice guy" got nailed?
euronymous - 07.10.2013 at 03:40
Blake judd and nachtmystium are mythical!!! kill all the cops, burn the america and free the terrorists. Lets madness rule !!!!
euronymous - 07.10.2013 at 03:45
Written by Fritillaria on 06.10.2013 at 22:44

Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 22:34

At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend

Raping of other boy or girl is raping if he/she doesn't want or they fearing. This filth situtation has nothing to do if the one is your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Is just violence.
Hedgewizard - 07.10.2013 at 05:21
Written by UnknownCheese on 07.10.2013 at 02:51

Pretty much this. I've never dealt with him personally but I'm always hearing stories about Judd ripping people off by selling merch he didn't have. There have been plenty of people who received their stuff though so it's been a topic of debate over whether or not he's really making off with the cash. And apparently he does a lot of drugs and if that's the case that's where the money's going.

All I really have to add is I saw Nachtmystium a couple years back and their sound sucked. I could hear the drums and vocals fine but the guitar was so buried in the mix Judd might as well have not been plugged in. I never bought any of their albums either because I've heard mixed opinions and after that concert I sort of lost interest.

I do feel bad though. He looks kind of pitiable in that mugshot.
BlueMobius - 07.10.2013 at 05:25
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2013 at 01:06

Written by Hallford9000 on 06.10.2013 at 21:48

Wonder if it has anything to with this: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36038&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't know much about the guy, anyone can be nice one moment and a jerk another. I do know he has struggled with drug issues (heroin), has had issues keeping his band together (it pretty much fell apart after the last album and that album has had little tour support). Guess we will have to see what the justice system has to say about the charges.
Candlemass - 07.10.2013 at 10:14
Lulz...black metal.
Fritillaria - 07.10.2013 at 12:28
Written by euronymous on 07.10.2013 at 03:45

Is just violence.

well right, I know it's violence anyway when someone is forcing a woman to sex, but when a guy is in a relationship with a woman, it doesn't make sense how this guy can force her to sex, I mean they're already in a relationship and that means they're willing to have sex , it's just a bit confusing.
Fritillaria - 07.10.2013 at 13:29
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 23:17

you might want to check these this and this

If I assume that all of that happened for real, then I should say, that guy is such disgusting ! Does he try to compete with Varg's dramas !
mz - 07.10.2013 at 13:48
Written by Fritillaria on 07.10.2013 at 12:28

being in relationship does not mean that the woman should always be eagerly waiting for the intercourse. Moreover, if the information in those links are true, I think that the guy was not interested in normal styles and his approach had been a little "weird" . So, I do not wonder if his girlfriend rejected him and thus, "...the rest of story"

Written by Fritillaria on 07.10.2013 at 13:29

Joe thinks that finally, he has been found innocent and I also do not have anything to reject this. Still, his music is pretty awesome and you should check LoC
!J.O.O.E.! - 07.10.2013 at 14:02
Apparently Wrest was charged with domestic battery, and all the other charges were dropped. Still makes him a massive prick though.

Fritillaria - 07.10.2013 at 14:03
Written by mz on 07.10.2013 at 13:48

well true, I wasn't saying that, that guy wasn't interested in normal styles ?! come on, if you mean that he has some kind of fetish, then still it does not justify his attempts of violence against that woman whether she was his girlfriend or a stranger passing by, still that was violence(if it happened really) committed is not kind of a fetish or being interested in other styles.

Definitely I will not, until I find out if he is really innocent in that case, this sounds harsh I know, like Varg who many thinks that he is a great musician, but for me is just an ignorant person who I will never want to push his music to my ears, why ? because I have strict policy against racism and sexism, in particular, those who are insisting or practicing it frequently like Varg who seems that will never give up such discriminating approach, then no thanks, I rather to dig some other stuffs by people who are not trying to add more mess (by mess I mean we already have enough of discrimination, better not to intensify it) to this mad world by extreme acts.
Dinruth - 07.10.2013 at 14:07
Quote:
Written by Hallford9000 on 07.10.2013 at 00:09

Oh boy, alcohol continues to work its wonders

...and down the drain it goes, the hope that I am a somewhat decent person
mz - 07.10.2013 at 14:21
Written by Fritillaria on 07.10.2013 at 14:03

I definitely am not taking his side and I think this sentence, "At least being a thief is better than raping your girl friend " clearly shows that I'm against his act. No doubt that no one will ever have the excuse to have a sexual assault.
Also I understand that you are not going to check his music but I disagree with that.
mz - 07.10.2013 at 14:22
Shit,this page got more comments about Wrest than Judd
euronymous - 07.10.2013 at 16:43
Written by Fritillaria on 07.10.2013 at 12:28

Written by euronymous on 07.10.2013 at 03:45

Is just violence.

.... if she don't want and he want and he use aggressive ways.
ANGEL REAPER - 07.10.2013 at 20:23
Written by Fritillaria on 06.10.2013 at 22:40

And I guess this qualifies the list of Reaper :/

only if he get to be found guilty by the court ... its too early at this moment to say ....
Vombatus - 07.10.2013 at 23:28
I don't know this guy personally, but when 99% of the people you ask or see have a bad opinion about him, there must be a reason. He is well known for ripping off and a damn junkie, so good for him.
4look4rd - 10.10.2013 at 04:57
Written by RottingDeathHead on 06.10.2013 at 22:00

US has a commercial bail system, so what typically happens is that the person will have to pay 10% of the total amount and the bondsman will cover the rest. Bondsman will require a collateral or a cosigner, so its basically a loan.

If you do what you are supposed to do and go to court the bondsman will get back the bail money, and make that 10% you paid up front in profit. In case you don't show up to court they will literary send bounty hunters after you.

I know it sounds crazy, but bounty hunters are about 50% more effective than the regular police at retrieving criminals mostly because they only get paid after they capture the fugitive.

News Nachtmystium - Blake Judd Released, Band's Future Uncertain 7.5 04.11.2013 by Apothecary
News Nachtmystium - Team Up With Jarboe For European Tour 6 10.03.2009 by BitterCOld
News Vektor - Frontman Arrested For Throwing Beer At Christian Protester 5.5 03.06.2013 by Monolithic
News Queensryche - Arrested At Amsterdam Airport For 'Smuggling Illegal Firearms' 4 12.06.2006 by Asagrim
News Behemoth - Frontman Formally Charged For Bible Destruction 4 09.03.2010 by iMorphball