After recently revealing its title and release date, then unveiling the album cover art and tracklist, Rhapsody Of Fire now uploaded an album trailer for the new opus entitled Dark Wings Of Steel. Today is the day folks. Check out the first new sounds right now and let us know your impressions.

The new musical journey created by the symphonic power metal band comes out on November 22nd in Europe and December 3rd in North America via AFM Records. More album details here.

Dark Wings Of Steel tracklist:

Comments

R Lewis - 08.10.2013 at 16:43
Good, not extraordinary
Rulatore - 08.10.2013 at 18:29
Sounds good
Daniell - 08.10.2013 at 21:36
Is that a JJ Abrams movie or what.
undi - 08.10.2013 at 22:34
Sounds like they continue being creatively stalled.
CWA - 08.10.2013 at 23:03
More standard Rhapsody. It seems their stuck on autopilot. Saying that, I'm still stoked for the release. I just wish they would take some risks.
Dargor - 08.10.2013 at 23:40
I'm a huge fan of Rhapsody since Legendary Tales, but I do agree with the comments above. Its feels uninspired and not very creative. I'm afraid it ends up being boring.
Teravolt_Danny - 09.10.2013 at 05:43
I gotta disagree with you guys. While this is still obviously symphonic metal, this sounds even more symphony and choir-oriented than usual. Has a much more classical feel.

Is it a different genre? Of course not, I don't think anyone would expect that. But from this trailer I actually think it sounds significantly different from their last couple albums.
LeChron James - 09.10.2013 at 06:20
That first part sounded majestic as fuck but the second two plodded a bit. But on a separate note, Alex Staropoli is lookin' HOUSE. Homeboy's been gettin' HEAVY in the streets.

Also, the plot thickens...
Fat & Sassy! - 09.10.2013 at 06:25
Here in Rhapsody of Fire, we like to keep things... passionate.
mikeprado30 - 09.10.2013 at 06:33
November indeed will be a great month
Angel_Lament - 09.10.2013 at 14:12
Sounds like Luca's leaving has a big effect on Rhapsody "Of Fire", which says it all ^^
Teravolt_Danny - 09.10.2013 at 19:17
Written by Angel_Lament on 09.10.2013 at 14:12

From what I've heard, Luca wanted to keep things more guitar/wankery oriented, and Alex/Fabio wanted to go back to a more symphonic oriented sound, a'la SoEL2. So this change doesn't really surprise me.
AngelofDeth - 09.10.2013 at 22:13
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 09.10.2013 at 05:43

Yea its different, the last two were very guitar-oriented and this is definitely sounding more symphonic driven. But its really not a huge leap for the band considering what they have done in the past. That said, this is just a trailer so who knows what the album will end up sounding like overall..

But I am damn excited! Not really expecting another masterpiece from them but hopefully it will at least be better than Chaos!
Teravolt_Danny - 10.10.2013 at 05:05
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.10.2013 at 22:13

Written by Teravolt_Danny on 09.10.2013 at 05:43

Yeah, I think Alex really wanted to do a more movie score-ish kind of album, so I'm expecting something more similar in style to "Triump Or Agony." Although, hopefully the songwriting will be better than it was on that album.
phanto - 12.10.2013 at 05:47
They need to play faster if they ever want to come closer to Dawn of Victory again.

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Reveal New Album Title, Trailer Online 8.5 06.11.2013 by Nemo Atkins
News Ephel Duath - New Album Details, Trailer Online 7 12.09.2013 by SSM
News Dragonland - New Album Trailer Online 7 15.05.2010 by Elaryan
News Lamb Of God - New Album Trailer Online 7 11.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Theocracy - New Digital Single Available Now, New Album Trailer Online 7 21.10.2011 by Dane Train

Hits total: 1946 | This month: 47