Nightwish finally have an answer as to whom is the new permanent singer of the band. After much suspense, vocalist Floor Jansen is a keeper. Also, the Finnish band is now a six-piece as Troy Donockley (uilleann pipes, low whistles, vocals) will become a full-time member of Nightwish as well.

The band explained: "Originally we were going to wait until 2014 to make a decision about the future line-up of the band, but the past year has clearly shown us that Floor and Troy are perfect matching pieces to our puzzle, and we are really grateful of the bond that has grown between all of us. We love you guys."

Commented vocalist Floor Jansen: "Words cannot describe what I feel! This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a dream... and this is it!"

Piper/whistleman Troy Donockley added: "Imaginaerum World Tour was a revelation to me and in that time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is Nightwish has been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes Ahoy! "

The new official line-up can be seen on the live tour/documentary DVD Showtime, Storytime to be released on November 29th. You can watch a brand new trailer here directed by Ville Lipiäinen.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 09.10.2013 by /Marius

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Dark Forever - 11.10.2013 at 21:13
Written by Rhiannon on 11.10.2013 at 15:05

Written by Teravolt_Danny on 10.10.2013 at 04:47

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2013 at 23:52

It's surprising how many people give a shit. Cause really most people don't give a shiot about this averave band and this run of the mill singer.

HAHAHAHA. 100% honest to god truth, I was sitting here reading through all these comments today and I said to myself "Wow, quite a few comments and Marcel still hasn't decided to show up only to sh** on this band like he always does with popular metal bands."

You didn't let me down. So predictable it's become a joke.

lol, my thoughts exactly when I read his comment

I can accept the "average band" part about Nightwish, even though I personally disagree. But "run of the mill singer"? Floor Jansen? That's just... Wow. Please Marcel, enlighten me about who the great operatic vocalists in Metal are.

Written by BynersA7X on 09.10.2013 at 22:13

I was starting to like that ReVamp thing... D:
But I must say... She is the beautifulest[?] Nightwish's singer ever.

*Most beautiful

I didn't think ReVamp was such a great band as many people here state. Both albums were enjoyable but nowhere near the epicness of After Forever. In Nightwish, Floor will be part of a better soundwriting environment, which will allow her to shine once again I think. I just hope Nightwish leaves the "movie drama style" behind and goes back to heavier, darker stuff and more energic stuff, which suits Floor's voice better.
MétalNoir - 13.10.2013 at 18:24
Yay!!!
theembryo - 16.10.2013 at 01:40
Bravo on the decision, glad they did not wait.
Lord_Regnier - 16.10.2013 at 03:27
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2013 at 23:52

Nightwish have always been a complete enigma to me. I've never ever understood why so many people care about this average at best and totally boring band. Powermetal is not my thing, as most of you already know, but it seems to me there are lots of bands in the genre much more interesting than Nightwish.
4look4rd - 17.10.2013 at 03:37
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.10.2013 at 03:27

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2013 at 23:52

Nightwish hasn't played power metal since Wishmaster. The band has been gradually turning into a pure Symphonic Metal band, starting with Century Child and culminating the transformation with Dark Passion Play.

A lot of people care about Nightwish because they are trend setters. They made the genre popular and have never release a completely crappy album. Overall they are a quality band, and have the financial resources to do pretty much whatever they want creatively.
SatyriconChick - 26.10.2013 at 23:27
Floor's vocals are the perfect fit for Nightwish. I'm so happy they're keeping her full-time.
Zenzero - 01.01.2014 at 19:08
I was listening some songs from the live dvd right now, I must say Floor Jansen is no good for Nightwish... The esay way to explain it is that she can't sing well the Anette's songs and she can't sing as well as Tarja the old ones!
I think they would go on with a singer more similar to Anette!

Pages: 1 [2]