Hard rock/glam metal band Vixen is facing a very sad moment. Founding member and guitarist Jan Kuehnemund has passed away suddenly. She lost a battle with cancer.

The following statement was released: "It is with profound sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Vixen founder and lead guitarist, Jan Kuehnemund, who lost a fierce battle with cancer on Thursday, October 10, 2013. Though most well known for her gifted guitar playing and other musical talents, Jan was a rare friend and beautiful in every sense of the word. Humble, thoughtful, loyal and kind, she was the most gracious of women, possessing the quiet strength of a true warrior. She genuinely loved and appreciated her friends and fans more than most could ever know. Those who were most fortunate to have known her and loved her are heartbroken at the loss of Jan, whose spirit will shine through her music eternally.

Jan was very courageous. Never complained. Never gave up. The cancer beat her body but it NEVER broke her spirit at any point. Up until the actual moment that she died, she really believed she was going back home. Jan... you will be missed.. but never forgotten."

Former members of Vixen, Janet Gardner, Roxy Petrucci and Share Ross are currently performing together in a new band called JSRG and they explained in a statement that a Vixen reunion was in the works: "For those of you who wondered why Vixen never reunited, we actually did reunite. We had resolved our differences and were whole heartedly looking forward to playing together again.

In January, 2013 only days before the announcement was to be made public, Jan was given her cancer diagnosis. She requested that we keep her illness private and out of respect for her wishes when press and fans asked us why we were not back together, we replied 'it's a matter of timing.' Since then we've been in regular contact with her and offered our loving support while continually hoping to make 2014 the year of Vixen. However, it was not meant to be. Our condolences go out to her family. Memorial services will be announced at a later date."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vixen

Posted: 12.10.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Sangre Sani - 12.10.2013 at 14:06
Damn.
ManiacBlasphemer - 12.10.2013 at 15:03
Sad news indeed... one of the few good all female rock/metal bands out there. Guess Vixen has always been plagued by misfortune. Failed to gain fame because the glam scene was mostly male dominated and now when it partialy revived, we hear sad news like this. And I was so hoping for another album with the original line-up to properly continue Rev It Up (no, Tamgerine and Live & Learn are bad jokes). Oh well, another band that will remain history...
Zenzero - 12.10.2013 at 18:22
Holy shit! I'm very sad!
Lit. - 12.10.2013 at 19:19
Man, that bites.
R.I.P.
Fritillaria - 12.10.2013 at 19:22
DAMN ! THAT'S TOO SAD !!!! I didn't know that she had such great personality, may she rest in peace
PocketMetal - 12.10.2013 at 19:55
Written by Fritillaria on 12.10.2013 at 19:22

"Up until the actual moment that she died, she really believed she was going back home. " almost made me cry , even though I didn't know her until I read this news.
Fritillaria - 12.10.2013 at 20:02
Written by PocketMetal on 12.10.2013 at 19:56

Well I seriously liked Vixen for a while, but I had no idea that she was such great person, and I didn't know that she was battling with cancer,too bad, it's such an awful loss not only a musician missed but it seems that a great person passed away,RIP Jan.
BloodTears - 12.10.2013 at 21:38
Vixen was the first band with female guitarists I found out about many years ago through VH1. This was a time I was looking for role models and it inspired me at the time. I never really explored their music beyond the singles but it definitely saddens me to hear this. It takes me back to a time I was learning how to play guitar and it was nice to see other women rocking it out.

RIP
NortheRnmost - 26.10.2013 at 16:42
Oh no, I never could have imagined something like this. She was my favourite female guitar hero. This truly saddens my day :'( A mad respect for her. RIP

News Pink Floyd - Founding Member Dies At Age 65 5.5 15.09.2008 by Derelict Earth
News Blue Öyster Cult - Founding Member Allen Glover Lanier Dies 5.5 15.08.2013 by mikeprado30
News Defeated Sanity - Founding Member Has Died 4 13.09.2010 by Baz Anderson
News Visceral Bleeding - Founding Member Leaves, Replacement Announced 4 22.12.2009 by Baz Anderson
News Satariel - Founding Member Mikael Granqvist Rejoins The Band 4 29.02.2012 by Diksy