Today is a big day for Cynic fans. The prog metallers have finally unveiled details about their upcoming third full-length on their official Facebook page. The band has stated that the new album will be titled Kindly Bent To Free Us and will be released worldwide on coming Valentine's Day, February 14th, 2014. This will be their first full-length studio album since 2008's Traced In Air. Go ahead and satisfy your curiosity by viewing the cover artwork below.

So what do you think about the new cover art and the title? The wait is almost over and hopefully new music will be available soon.

[Also thanks to Cynic Metalhead for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cynic

Posted: 11.11.2013 by 3rdWorld

Comments

K†ulu - 11.11.2013 at 12:01
Just listened to Traced in Air, and actually I am looking forward to hearing something new from Cynic. Interesting cover art...
qlacs - 11.11.2013 at 12:39
"Kindly Bent To Free Us" "on coming Valentine's Day, February 14th, 2014" "Go ahead and satisfy " omg
undi - 11.11.2013 at 12:57
Written by qlacs on 11.11.2013 at 12:39

Yup, I too get a strong smell of cynicism towards romanticism in those words.
andreosokin - 11.11.2013 at 13:46
It's nice to see that the band is still following their tradition of using Robert Venosa's paintings, even though he passed away several years ago
IchZerstörteSie - 11.11.2013 at 13:54
Just jizzed my pants lol
CWA - 11.11.2013 at 16:12
My favorite cover so far. I can't wait to read the lyrics to grasp a better understanding of their abstract title.
BloodTears - 11.11.2013 at 16:31
This is really exciting! And the artwork is intriguing. Don't really know what these guys will put out.
Zadion - 11.11.2013 at 16:35
Amazing cover, but I'm a little concerned about the direction of this album after their last sub-par E.P.
musclassia - 11.11.2013 at 18:14
Carbon-Based Anatomy wasn't all that good, but Focus and Traced In Air I both really like (the former more admittedly), and Portal is rather good too, so got good hopes for this. And that artwork is simply stunning - if the music's good I can definitely see myself buying the CD just to have that artwork in my hands
Cynic Metalhead - 11.11.2013 at 18:24
Cynic news from Cynic Metalhead is acceptable! No other guy can submit news from my behalf. No no I'm not a fanboy, but fuck, how dare you 3rdworld?? You will be crushed. If you want to get save, buy me a Barbie dolls.

Well, will be checking out new record.
Opethian - 11.11.2013 at 19:12
Hoping for an album that will be worth the wait. Traced in Air was good, but 35 minutes goes by too quick! High hopes
Lethrokai - 11.11.2013 at 20:18
Already hyped for this one!
Here's hoping that Cynic knock it out of the park yet again!
Lit. - 11.11.2013 at 20:34
Artwork looks suspiciously like Opeth's latest.
But let's not dwell on the negative.
INÆRIS - 12.11.2013 at 05:22
I can't wait for this release. There are a lot of strongly opinionated folk on here criticizing Cynic's direction, but I won't let that change the fact that I LOVE Carbon Based Anatomy, as well as Re-Traced. I confident this record will be fantastic as well. Think for yourself when listening to records, people. There are a lot of people out there who might lead you the wrong way. Music can be such a personal thing, and it's important to keep that in mind.
Cynic Metalhead - 12.11.2013 at 15:11
Written by INÆRIS on 12.11.2013 at 05:22

Well, that's bullshit. No one pushes anyone to wrong way or anything. It depends upon from person to person. No restriction of any negative comments out here. I love critical analysis of every album, that opens my horizon towards that record. But that doesn't mean anyone pushing/bullying other guys to liked/disliked that particular record. Everyone has an access to listen new records, man. Let them judge by themselves.
Arcticus - 12.11.2013 at 17:57
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 12.11.2013 at 15:11
Let them judge by themselves.

Lol, that's exactly what he's suggesting people do. It's a simple fact that a lot of people are influenced by what they read/hear (maybe you're not, but you can't claim that perspective for everyone else) - a friendly reminder not to let others' negative opinions, whether legitimate or not, affect whether you listen to an album is certainly no crime in my book. Live and let live
INÆRIS - 12.11.2013 at 20:31
Thanks, Arcticus. Exactly my point. That made me laugh.
Cynic Metalhead - 12.11.2013 at 21:00
Well, that wasn't he suggesting it. Getting influenced and "leading you wrong way" are two different things. Well, its fine enough as long as what he was trying to express.

News Threshold - New Album Details Revealed 7 21.06.2012 by BloodTears
News Echoes Of Eternity - New Album Details Revealed 7 23.07.2009 by dismaleuphony
News Visions Of Atlantis - New Album Details Revealed 7 30.11.2006 by Lupas