Legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has confirmed that the upcoming Led Zeppelin album remasters will be released next year and include previously unreleased material. Page attended the Classic Rock Awards to pick up the "Film Of The Year" award for Celebration Day and shared the news.

Jimmy Page told TeamRock Radio at the Classic Rock Awards in London: "Each of the albums has been remastered but it also has a companion disc with it. Let's take, for example, Led Zeppelin III that's remastered from analog from the original thing. I know everybody does that, but what they don't do... I revisited all the working mixes that were done at the time."

He continued: "There's different versions. Say, for example, there's 'Since I've Been Loving You' there's an incredible version of that which is totally different, it's really raw in its approach, it's quite dramatic, it's cool. That's one little item of it, but what it gives is a companion disc to Led Zeppelin III. It'll come out in its own box and all the rest of it. Each disc will give a really intimate picture of the group. That's the idea that I've had with it and I think it's successful."

Below, you also can check out the full interview with Page:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Led Zeppelin

Posted: 16.11.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Giza - 16.11.2013 at 17:43
Finally! There has always been much speculation about the tapes that Jimmy keeps hidden under his mattress. Coda wasn't even a fracture of them. I am really looking forward to checking this stuff out.
Syk - 17.11.2013 at 03:23
Written by Giza on 16.11.2013 at 17:43
Fraction, lol. A fracture is a break, like in one's arm, or neck from over-headbanging

As soon as I read the headline I expected there'd be a ton of begrudgement like there was with the Death reissues. Part of me thinks they really don't need any more work than what G-Marino gave them 20 years ago, but if there's bonus material like an "incredible", "raw" version of my fav track on III, I'm thinkin'... hmm, might be good to get some clean, new copies. Although, first impression was there'd be a decent selection of real new unreleased stuff... I hope it isn't just a few scattered re-takes like the recent Sabbath double-diskers (and indeed, some of the Deaths... m'reason for picking those up is not having [heard] the originals at all)

edit after v v - it later occurred to me that B-side "Hey Hey What Can I Do" should be in amongst the new bonus tracks for III. That would be nice
Azarath - 17.11.2013 at 23:51
The bonus material could be interesting, though picking up all 8 albums (plus Coda, I'm guessing) as double-discs would probably be quite expensive. I am very interested in the remasters however. Box set?
Giza - 21.11.2013 at 13:00
Written by Syk on 17.11.2013 at 03:23

Written by Giza on 16.11.2013 at 17:43

Thank you for correcting me there. That is precisely what I wanted to say.

News Led Zeppelin - Hint At New Release 6 09.09.2012 by yanivush147
News Led Zeppelin - New Releases In November 6 11.08.2007 by Spyroid
News Led Zeppelin - Face 'Stairway To Heaven' Copyright Infringement Case 6 12.09.2014 by Daniell
News Nile - Previously Unreleased Material Due In October 5.5 06.08.2011 by JD