Prepare to be blown away. A few days ago, Southern Lord Recordings teased a new collaboration between Ulver and creepy drone outfit Sunn O))) and today we finally learn more about it. The pair's long standing camaraderie was initiated during Sunn O)))'s 2003 White1 sessions with the track "CutWOODED" which was produced by Ulver, in tribute to deceased film director Ed Wood. The result of this new union is a three-track recording entitled Terrestrials. Yes, it is happening.

Southern Lord will release Terrestrials in February 2014. Over the course of the next month, more will be revealed about this alliance and how the recording came to be.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ulver

Posted: 18.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Cynic Metalhead - 18.11.2013 at 20:46
Woah, gotta have to watch out for. This is sweet.
Jiri - 18.11.2013 at 20:55
This should be... relaxing...
!J.O.O.E.! - 18.11.2013 at 20:59
Would have preferred something from Sunn O))) on their own to be honest. I think Ulver will just water them down. Still though, better than nothing at all.
Dentura - 18.11.2013 at 20:59
This should be awesome.
Unhealer - 19.11.2013 at 00:28
I think exactly the opposite to Joe, with Sunn O))) adding a great chance of taking this to levels of boredom that I probably won't enjoy. But let's discard that thought and hope for something interesting at least
3rdWorld - 19.11.2013 at 05:32
Last Ulver was nothing but a Ghosts I-IV clone and whereas I've never heard Sunn O))), I do think this ain't gonna be the most happening release of next year. Anyways an interesting collab.
Monolithic - 19.11.2013 at 08:25
Written by 3rdWorld on 19.11.2013 at 05:32

Yeah their most recent release wasn't really convincing that much. I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this collaboration.

News Ulver - Sample Of Collaboration With Sunn O))) Online 9 11.12.2013 by BlueMobius
News Ulver & Sunn O))) Collaboration - Streaming Online 7.5 04.02.2014 by ArcesseEum
News Sunn O))) - Share More About Collaboration With Scott Walker 5.5 27.07.2014 by mz
News Sunn O))) - Collaboration With Scott Walker Announced 5.5 03.07.2014 by Ilham
Reviews Sunn O))) / Ulver - Terrestrials [Collaboration] 4.5 04.05.2014 by Erik M.