Anthrax might be working on their new album, but guitarist Scott Ian has other projects on his hands (or fingers) as well. The co-founder of the thrash metal band sold his memoir, I'm The Man, to Ben Schafer at Perseus' Da Capo Press and the book will offer a complete history of the group. The book is scheduled for a fall 2014 release.

Ian will be co-writing with Jon Wiederhorn (a senior writer at Revolver), and will also, Da Capo said, get into his upbringing "in a dysfunctional home, and his escapism through the turbulent world of heavy metal"; the book will feature "full-color autobiographical comic book inserts."

The guitarist said: "Why a book? Because I think my story can connect with anyone and, if I was able to make the life I wanted for myself happen, then anyone can. I'm really excited to be writing a book because the idea of getting forty-something years of stuff out of my brain and onto the page seems very therapeutic. Plus if I didn't do it now, I'd start forgetting and wouldn't be able to share all these killer stories with you, my friends!"

Do you think this could be interesting? Obviously, he is the man.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Anthrax

Posted: 26.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Mattybu - 26.11.2013 at 20:26
I love these memoir type books, sign me up. Dave Mustaine went macho in his.
deadbraincells - 26.11.2013 at 22:34
Written by Mattybu on 26.11.2013 at 20:26

I love these memoir type books, sign me up. Dave Mustaine went macho in his.

I can't stand Dave Mustaine, so I haven't read his memoir, but in order for Dave to be 'macho' I think he'd need a testicle transplant.
Mattybu - 26.11.2013 at 22:40
Written by deadbraincells on 26.11.2013 at 22:34

Written by Mattybu on 26.11.2013 at 20:26

I love these memoir type books, sign me up. Dave Mustaine went macho in his.

I use going macho in the verb sense... He actually was pretty tough back in the day though, he's kind of just a sweater wearing grandpa guy nowadays but in his early years he was a psycho.
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.11.2013 at 22:58
Written by Mattybu on 26.11.2013 at 22:40

He actually was pretty tough back in the day though,...

actually he wasn't he was a ratlike little weasel He tried to come across all tough but always failed at it.
Mattybu - 27.11.2013 at 00:50
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.11.2013 at 22:58

Written by Mattybu on 26.11.2013 at 22:40

He actually was pretty tough back in the day though,...

eh, I often consider tough to be synonymous with stupid and that's the kind of tough the was... The shit that he managed to pull off while constantly on heroin, that takes a person with some fire. I honestly don't know about him being tough physical wise, but I mean considering the toll he put on his body it's a wonder he is even alive anymore.

News Anthrax - Another New Track Available For Streaming 4.5 12.08.2011 by Chidder
News Dan Nelson - New Material Online Feat. Life Of Agony, Arsis Members 4.5 03.08.2010 by Huntteri
Albums Anthrax - The '70s EP 3 21.06.2012 by Lit.
Reviews Anthrax - Spreading The Disease 3 29.04.2007 by Dangerboner
News Tesseract - Releasing New Single In October, Recruit New Singer 2.5 09.09.2012 by AngelofDeth