A few months ago, Vallenfyre pleased their fans by revealing that their second album and follow-up to A Fragile King was in the works. Now the death metal band led by Paradise Lost guitarist Gregor Mackintosh has confirmed a worldwide release for the album in April of 2014 via Century Media Records. It's only a few months away.

Furthermore, the group also announced that they will begin the recordings in January 2014 at GodCity Studio in Salem, Massachusetts. Produced by Kurt Ballou (Converge, Black Breath, Nails), this currently untitled album "will see the crusty death-doom merchants take their sound to new extremes."

Gregor Mackintosh comments: "We were very pleased with our debut album as a dirty mix of all our earliest death, doom and crust influences. On the follow-up, we want to take this much further and develop our own niche. It will be a stench-ridden, grim, face-melter that will separate the men from the boys."

Stay tuned for more news coming soon.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vallenfyre

Posted: 28.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Daniell - 28.11.2013 at 12:48
I revisited their debut album a couple of months ago and I must say that it didn't do anything for me. It seems much much worse than it did when it was released. I lowered my initial rating by 2 points (!).
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.11.2013 at 13:04
Written by Daniell on 28.11.2013 at 12:48

the only reason people were and are raving about it is because of the line-up. Had any other revivalist death metal band released it it would have been ignored like hell, and rightly so. Hell every other revivalist death metal band is better than Vallenfyre, also live btw.
Array - 28.11.2013 at 16:07
^ Not "the only reason" why I like it. The album went closer to Paradise Lost's and UK's more aggressive, end of '80s - start of '90s sound, so that's pretty much why I enjoy it. Gregor Mackintosh has 'always' been one of my favorite composers, so it's quite natural to enjoy his offerings when he feels inspired. He composed the album.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.11.2013 at 16:15
Written by Array on 28.11.2013 at 16:07

I know he did compose the album and it comes across extremely uninspired to me. It comes across as an easy jumping on the osdm revival bandwagon. Because he wrote and released it when the revival was already well settled.
Array - 28.11.2013 at 16:21
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2013 at 16:15

I don't know does this sound like a cliche to you, but his dad died in 2009, so I think that matters as well. At least to me it doesn't sound more a cliche than the bandwagons.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.11.2013 at 16:32
Written by Array on 28.11.2013 at 16:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2013 at 16:15

I always found that to be a cliche as well and he used the death of his father as a selling point. If the death of his father really made him form this band he would have released an album earlier. And not during the height of the osdm revival. Why mention his father's death? Precisely just to sell.
Array - 28.11.2013 at 16:43
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2013 at 16:32

Well it's quite hard to talk about a new album without telling key things about it. But yes, other options are possible, I just don't see this band so pessimistically. Maybe he enjoyed the modern oldskool sounding bands + dad died = combination Vallenfyre.
Mr. Doctor - 29.11.2013 at 02:31
Even if you jump on the bandwagon... You can at least do it well. That's not even the case with that album.

News Devin Townsend - Recordings For New 'Ziltoid' Album Begin 7 04.05.2014 by M C Vice
News Anaal Nathrakh - New Album Recordings Begin 7 17.10.2013 by psykometal
News Leviathan - New Album Recordings Begin 7 20.11.2013 by Apothecary
News Anathema - New Album Recordings Begin 7 02.12.2013 by SilverFish
News Cloak Of Altering - New Album In April, Stream New Song 5.5 13.02.2014 by Mr. Doctor