Sonata Arctica are currently hard at work to finalize the recordings of their new album that will follow Stones Grow Her Name and have already confirmed another upcoming tour through Europe in April/May 2014. Fear not because it's not just Germany. Their upcoming 8th studio album is expected to be released in March 2014. Check out the tour dates below.

Keyboardist Henkka left the following message: "Hello out there. It's been a while since we last toured Europe, so I'm very happy that we can announce our first tour with our new album. Since the album will be out in March 2014, we don't want to waste any time but will head out for a full European Tour. Our tour will start in Eindhoven, NL on April 10th, 2014. The whole band is really looking forward to play some new songs for you and introduce our new bass player, Pasi, for all our fans. He's a monster live, you'll see. Check below for the tour dates and we'll see you in a few months!"

New tour dates:

30.04.2014 - HUN - Club 202, Budapest
01.05.2014 - CZE - Retro Music Hall, Prague
02.05.2014 - AUT - Szene, Vienna
04.05.2014 - FRA - Transbordeur, Lyon
05.05.2014 - ESP - Bikini, Barcelona
06.05.2014 - ESP - Arena, Madrid

The band has also previously announced special shows in Finland for January/February 2014 and in Latin America in March 2014 to celebrate 15 years as recording artists.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonata Arctica

Posted: 14.12.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

J. N. - 14.12.2013 at 12:58
Not only Germany, but it's the regular "European" tour dates.
BloodTears - 14.12.2013 at 13:02
Written by J. N. on 14.12.2013 at 12:58

Not only Germany, but it's the regular "European" tour dates.

Yes, but still, it's not just Germany, which is always positive OKAY
Joodicator - 14.12.2013 at 13:28
It may not be just Germany, but of course, there's no UK date. But for once, I'LL ACTUALLY BE IN GERMANY WHEN THIS HAPPENS

...wait, new album before the tour dates? Sweet. As one of those deluded fans who still cares about them post-Unia, I'll check it out and get tickets for this.
Teravolt_Danny - 14.12.2013 at 17:10
I enjoy all of Sonata Arctica's discography, including Stones Grow Her Name. With that said... I am growing a little weary of all the experimentation and wouldn't mind a return to the sound of Reckoning Night. Sonata Arctica is no longer a power metal band, I realize and accept that. But to me, RN demonstrated the perfect balance between their older and newer sound. Tony himself said the next album will be a bit more like their older ones, so I'm hoping for something along the lines of Reckoning Night.
Joodicator - 15.12.2013 at 01:11
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 14.12.2013 at 17:10

When did he say that? That sounds amazing. And I'm with you all the way.
Azarath - 15.12.2013 at 13:46
Apparently I'm a deluded fan as well.
Teravolt_Danny - 04.01.2014 at 03:14
Written by Joodicator on 15.12.2013 at 01:11

Written by Teravolt_Danny on 14.12.2013 at 17:10

When did he say that? That sounds amazing. And I'm with you all the way.

He said in a more recent video interview that too many fans complained that Stones had too many mid tempo songs on it, so that he would try to put more speedy tracks on the next album.

News Sonata Arctica - European Tour Dates 9 08.04.2009 by GT
News Sonata Arctica - Finnish Tour Dates 9 17.01.2007 by
News Sonata Arctica - New DVD Release Dates, Teaser Available 9 22.09.2011 by Stratowarrior
News Arsis - Announce New Guitarist, North American Tour With Sonata Arctica 8.5 10.11.2012 by Rulatore
News Melvins - Announce New European Tour Dates 7 07.08.2008 by Black Conundrum