The release of Benighted's new album is approaching fast. While fans are eager to hear new music, today you get to see the album cover and tracklist of the French brutal death metallers' seventh full-length. Benighted also recently shot a video for the song "Experience Your Flesh", a number from Carnivore Sublime. The clip will be premiered in January. So, you have that to look forward to.

The album drops on February 14th (February 18th in North America) through Season Of Mist. The box set, as well as the jewel case edition can be pre-ordered at the Season Of Mist e-shop.

Tracklist:

01. X2Y
02. Noise
03. Experience Your Flesh
04. Slaughter/Suicide
05. Spit
06. Defiled Purity
07. Jekyll
08. Collection Of Dead Portraits
09. Carnivore Sublime
10. Les Morsures De Cerbère
11. June And The Laconic Solstice

A deluxe limited edition of Carnivore Sublime will be released in digibox format including a bonus CD, a patch, a pin and a poster. The tracklist of the bonus disc is as follows:

01. Meticulous Invagination (Aborted cover)
02. Du riechst so gut (Rammstein cover)
03. Old (Machine Head cover)
04. The Twins (live)
05. Saw It All (live)
06. Forsaken (live)
07. Nemesis (live)
08. Spit [demo version]
09. Collection Of Dead Portraits [demo version]

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Benighted

Posted: 18.12.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

J. N. - 18.12.2013 at 21:03
My body is so fucking ready. Bring it.
Mechaniacal - 18.12.2013 at 21:08
Nice tits and brutal death. It's already the best album ever made.
LeKiwi - 18.12.2013 at 21:19
Written by Mechaniacal on 18.12.2013 at 21:08

Nice tits and brutal death. It's already the best album ever made.

You must live in paradise considering the concept's proliferation
MetalDoomMaster - 18.12.2013 at 21:24
Yes I would like to hear a Benighted Rammstein cover. That sounds so wonderfully awful.
Troy Killjoy - 18.12.2013 at 21:38
This gave me a tingling sensation in my private parts.
Lit. - 18.12.2013 at 21:45
Kinda sexy in a weird way.

And, fuck, I wanna hear that Machine Head cover.
Mad Arab666 - 18.12.2013 at 22:03
Nice. Might grab the deluxe edition.
CaptainRhodes - 19.12.2013 at 01:08
Psyched.
Big-Al - 19.12.2013 at 08:28
Cool, a boob
Angelic Storm - 19.12.2013 at 11:58
The cover "artwork" is meh, but I'm still really looking forward to this though! It's amusing too, thinking of those who will obviously baulk at a "true metal" band like Benighted covering a "trendy scene band" like Machine Head! Can't wait to hear that and the Aborted cover though!
Uldreth - 19.12.2013 at 13:50
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.12.2013 at 11:58

We are talking about a band that rapped in one song and also uses craptons of deathcore-styled breakdowns.

I think anyone who'd have a problem with a Machine Head cover already fucked off .
Angelic Storm - 19.12.2013 at 16:59
Written by Uldreth on 19.12.2013 at 13:50

They rapped in more than one song, though they used breakdowns before deathcore was even around. I think a lot of people think that deathcore bands invented the breakdown, but they didn't. Many metal bands of various sub-genres were using them before deathcore came into existence.

Well, maybe, I'm just glad Benighted don't care what their fans may think about those covers. And "Burn My Eyes" is a great album, I don't care what anyone else says! lol
Uldreth - 19.12.2013 at 18:53
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.12.2013 at 16:59

Written by Uldreth on 19.12.2013 at 13:50

I only listened to Icon and there is rapping only in one song as far as I recall. Maybe they rapped more but reading reviews, they sounded surprised about that, so I assume if it was commonplace for the band, the surprise would not have been present. But maybe this is an indication I should listen to more of their albums .

As for the breakdown comment, I know that quite well but brutal death metal breakdowns and deathcore breakdowns are different in terms of composition. BDM breakdowns are generally just a significant drop in tempo while -core breakdowns are generally played in a syncopated staccato pattern with lots of empty space between the notes. Most of the breaks on Icon were in that manner.
Troy Killjoy - 19.12.2013 at 20:17
Why do people talk about breakdowns like they're exclusive to deathcore and brutal death metal?
Angelic Storm - 19.12.2013 at 22:24
Written by Uldreth on 19.12.2013 at 18:53

There was rapping in more than one song on "The Burning Red", but that was the first MH album to feature it, and people were surprised by it when they first heard the album. MH don't have an album or a song called "Icon"... I don't know where you got that from...

Actually, no... one of the earliest (and greatest) examples of breakdowns in a metal song is in "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" by Black Sabbath (it starts at around 3:15). And there are many more examples of that type of breakdown in metal long before brutal death or deathcore were even thought about.
Troy Killjoy - 19.12.2013 at 22:30
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.12.2013 at 22:24

He was referring to Benighted, you're referring to Machine Head. Just thought I'd clear that up for you both.
Angelic Storm - 19.12.2013 at 22:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.12.2013 at 22:30

Oh for crying out loud... talk about crossed wires! *embarrassed*

My comments about breakdowns though weren't confused in any way...
Uldreth - 20.12.2013 at 12:35
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.12.2013 at 22:24

Written by Uldreth on 19.12.2013 at 18:53

Yeah I was talking about Benighted who rap in "Grind Wit" but I dunno any other song of their in which they do.

Okay, this breakdown thing is getting a bit pointless, I am well aware of their origins and usage, so bad explanation is on my part but let's just say, I view Benighted (at least on Icon) as quite deathcore-ish. Not "modern" deathcore like As Blood Runs Black or With Blood Comes Cleansing but early 2000s deathcore like The Red Chord or From A Second Story Window (or even early Despised Icon). That kind of deathcore had significant grindcore/deathgrind elements to their music and sounded quite similiar to this imo. Of course this is way more on the DM side but nontheless I get massive TRC vibes from this.
Also the breakdown on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is not like these compositionally. I'd say that originates from Slayer or Machine Head or Pantera, as the breakdowns in Raining Blood, Davidian and Domination all sound like present day -core breakdowns, whilst the breaks in hardcore songs at the time sounded more like the one from Sabbath .
But this is besides my point, my point was that coming from the widespread hate metalcore and deathcore receive, I'd imagine "trve" metalheads are somehow offended by a staccato chug pattern and Benighted use tons of staccato chug patterns, I'd say even more than lots of metalcore bands .
Abattoir - 20.12.2013 at 18:24
Oh yes, my body has became fully saturated with dopamin...

News Korpiklaani - Reveal New Album Tracklist And Cover 10 24.05.2012 by Sentenced Odiin
News Fear Factory - Reveal New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 10 30.03.2012 by theFIST
News Korn - Reveal New Album Cover And Tracklist 10 27.07.2013 by Hallford9000
News Vader - Reveal New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 10 19.03.2014 by Mr. Cheeky
News Blindead - Reveal New Album Cover And Tracklist 10 29.08.2013 by Hallford9000

Hits total: 1971 | This month: 72