Except for the recent release of their BBC Session 2011 Anno Domini live 12", Wolves In The Throne Room have been keeping a low profile since the conclusion of the world-spanning tour that supported their most recent album Celestial Lineage. Now, word comes that the band, along with producer Randall Dunn, has been quietly cultivating the next chapter in their ongoing musical evolution. While little else is known of the impending recordings at the moment, the brothers Weaver have confirmed that the music is currently in the final stages, being prepared for release in the first quarter of 2014.

New information on exactly what Wolves In The Throne Room will deliver in 2014 will be released early in January. Let the anticipation begin...

New album or EP? Something else? One can always speculate.

Source: wittr.com
Band profile: Wolves In The Throne Room

Posted: 23.12.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

HaaskAksaaH - 23.12.2013 at 18:20
What a magical year it will be ... Agalloch, Wolves in the Throne Room, Empyrium..
Boxcar Willy - 23.12.2013 at 18:39
Been waiting for this for awhile. Can't wait.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 23.12.2013 at 20:15
One of my most anticipated releases. Glad that the break-up rumors aren't actually happening ....for now at least
Erik M. - 23.12.2013 at 21:10
Written by HaaskAksaaH on 23.12.2013 at 18:20

Exactly. But Agalloch? Are you just guessing that, because I haven't heard that they'll release a new album in 2014. If that's the case then I'm very excited for that one as well.

Other albums I'm looking forward to are from Enshine, Gallowbraid (listen to the EP if you haven't done so already, you'll love it), Ixion (extremely looking forward to this one), Ne Obliviscaris, Opeth (even though Heritage was a disappointment) and Shape of Despair.
HaaskAksaaH - 23.12.2013 at 22:50
Written by Erik M. on 23.12.2013 at 21:10

Written by HaaskAksaaH on 23.12.2013 at 18:20

Yes dude!, Agalloch guys are in studio now and by what John Haughm at least for one track... the words "this is starting to sound like a mixture of Landberk, Anekdoten, ...and Bethlehem" were uttered...

Ive already checked Gallowbraid and huge respect for its music and such a talented guy, one of highly anticipations.. Ne Obliviscaris for sure, Opeth?! no way! and was fan of SoD back in 5,6 years before, not in funeral doom phase for a while but highly respectful guys
PrinceOfDarkness - 24.12.2013 at 00:32
Written by Erik M. on 23.12.2013 at 21:10

Written by HaaskAksaaH on 23.12.2013 at 18:20

don't forget Doom:vs and Darkfortress,Trees of Eternity and hopefully Draconian. 2014 is going to be a magical year. I'm already having eargasms.
You can follow John Haughm on facebook regarding updates on agalloch
Super_Greg - 24.12.2013 at 04:44
Fuck yes! Let me go get my flannel and my wayfarers xD
Opethian - 24.12.2013 at 05:45
Great
Erik M. - 24.12.2013 at 20:16
Written by HaaskAksaaH on 23.12.2013 at 22:50

I've seen Agalloch live last May and there were awesome (the sound sucked though, but that wasn't their fault). But I did expect them to release their 5th full-length in 2014, seeing as then there's 4 years between the last two albums. And yeah, Gallowbraid is indeed great. I'm expecting a totally epic album in the vein of the EP (which was already quite long), so looking forward to that a lot. But why not Opeth? Because you don't like their music or because Heritage was a disappointment (and Watershed as well, somewhat).
Erik M. - 24.12.2013 at 20:17
Written by PrinceOfDarkness on 24.12.2013 at 00:32

You can follow John Haughm on facebook regarding updates on agalloch

Dark Fortress? The melodic black metal band? I've only heard the debut and while it's good, it's nothing amazing so I don't look forward to a new album by them. And I don't know Trees of Eternity, so it seems I have some checking out to do.

Thanks for the tip about John Haughm. I will follow him on Facebook.
Boxcar Willy - 24.12.2013 at 21:21
Written by Super_Greg on 24.12.2013 at 04:44

Fuck yes! Let me go get my flannel and my wayfarers xD

*has both of these on right now*
Cynic Metalhead - 28.01.2014 at 21:33
Update.

New Album To Contain No Drums Or Vocals.

Quote:
Taking a different approach than their previous LPs, 'Celestite' is a completely newly envisioned, parallel-universe version of Celestial Lineage, the beautifully blackened fourth studio full-length epic Wolves In The Throne Room released via Southern Lord in 2011. Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage.

Source: Facebook.
Troy Killjoy - 28.01.2014 at 22:31
^ Is it just me or does that sound not promising at all.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.01.2014 at 12:34
I bet that's code for blackgaze....
Mr. Doctor - 29.01.2014 at 13:11
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.01.2014 at 12:34
I bet that's code for blackgaze....

I'm going for ambient. I'm thinking sounds like Celestial Lineage if you cut off the drums and vocals.

News Wolves In The Throne Room - Release New EP Next Month 11.5 12.01.2009 by S.K.Ø.M
News Wolves In The Throne Room - Streaming Full New Album 10.5 02.07.2014 by Lit.
News Wolves In The Throne Room - New Album Details, North American Tour Announced 10.5 27.07.2011 by Marcus
News Wolves In The Throne Room - Stream Another New Song 10.5 26.06.2014 by Hallford9000
News Wolves In The Throne Room - Debut New Song 10.5 28.05.2014 by Opethian