Prepare yourself because Sabaton chose today to unveil the band's new album title and cover art. First, the album will be called Heroes and you can expect to hear it in May 2014. As for the album cover artwork, you can check it out right now. What do you think about it? It gets a little heated.

The band also posted this brief message: "As you probably know already we are in the Abyss studios along with Peter Tägtgren & recording our new album Heroes that will be released in May 2014."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sabaton

Posted: 08.01.2014 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

R Lewis - 08.01.2014 at 19:24
The background and logos are amazing, the two soldiers fighting look too much "cartoonized" to me.
Warman - 08.01.2014 at 19:55
Sabaton is kinda like cheap beer to me. Beer is beer, beer is good and when I'm in the right mood even the cheap beers taste amazing. But it's still a cheap beer, and I'm very aware of that there's a lot of better stuff.
So with that said, I'm really looking forward to this. Even though I know it's going to sound like the previous records, it will still be a bunch of new catchy Sabaton songs I'll sing along to with my friends for a couple of weeks until it grows old.
Michaelis - 08.01.2014 at 21:16
Written by Warman on 08.01.2014 at 19:55

I'm happy to see someone read my mind's and speak it out loud.
hoegaarden - 08.01.2014 at 21:55
Hey, let's do something to start selling in the US
Malaghost - 08.01.2014 at 22:30
This must be a joke, right ?
Valentin B - 08.01.2014 at 22:57
Doesn't look amazing to be honest.. I am still hoping a certain essential part didn't leave the band with the guys who are playing in Civil War now... I don't want to see a great band being split into two mediocre bands
Mattybu - 08.01.2014 at 23:30
I agree with R Lewis, the logo and the background look great but those people.... The proportions are so off, for one the dude punching has the wingspan of an NBA player (but only one arm??..) and the guy taking the punch....

R Lewis - 08.01.2014 at 23:53
I'd just like to know the opinion of Sabaton's greatest Metal Storm supporter.

Marcel Hubregtse, what do you think about it? Excited?
Koen Smits - 09.01.2014 at 10:30
Written by R Lewis on 08.01.2014 at 23:53

I'd just like to know the opinion of Sabaton's greatest Metal Storm supporter.

Marcel Hubregtse, what do you think about it? Excited?

Marcel is now vomiting on a promo copy of their latest cd while listening to the new Gnaw Their Tongues/Alkerdeel.
Ozman - 09.01.2014 at 17:37
Written by Koen Smits on 09.01.2014 at 10:30

Written by R Lewis on 08.01.2014 at 23:53

I'd just like to know the opinion of Sabaton's greatest Metal Storm supporter.

Marcel Hubregtse, what do you think about it? Excited?

I am STILL pissed off that due to Sabaton I issed Hatriot performing Legacy/Testament's best track ever... Reign Of Terror.

Horribly bad cover artwork btw. But then again that goes well with their music
.Halpin. - 10.01.2014 at 02:22
I agree with R Lewis as well. Sabaton is a good band, but a little too predictable. After all we know what the songs are going to be about and what kinda style each song will possess but that doesn't mean this album isn't going to be good. I'm optimistic about this album but at the same time a little hestitant to declare this an album worthy of metal virtue.
FreddeSwede - 10.01.2014 at 16:58
Written by Mattybu on 08.01.2014 at 23:30

You do realize it's not a photograph right?
Mattybu - 10.01.2014 at 19:53
Written by FreddeSwede on 10.01.2014 at 16:58

You do realize it's not a photograph right?

I can't tell if you're bazinga'ing me or not honestly. Forgive me for thinking that proportions still have relevance if you are going to make artwork that isn't photographic, if you aren't....
FreddeSwede - 10.01.2014 at 20:54
Written by Mattybu on 10.01.2014 at 19:53

Written by FreddeSwede on 10.01.2014 at 16:58

You do realize it's not a photograph right?

It's art. And the beauty of art is that nothing has to be in proportion to anything. I don't like the cover very much, I'm just saying that realism may be the last thing on the artists mind.
Mattybu - 10.01.2014 at 21:09
Written by FreddeSwede on 10.01.2014 at 20:54

If you were able to actually accurately read between the lines of my post all there really was to say is that I think it would look better if those soldiers didn't look so goofy and out of proportion (I never suggested or implied that realism was the intent of the artist), but hey, everyone has to go white knight and defend the honour and artistic integrity of sugary photoshop cheese art every now and again right?

Not that the saccharine approach was totally bad here, as I said the background and logo look good and work for Sabaton. I'm sure you'll find something to offend your artistically superior mind in that opinion too though, so I should probably stop talking
Ellrohir - 13.01.2014 at 14:53
So Long neck guy now poses for album covers...the soldiers in front ruined the whole picture

and i dont care how "cheap" music it will be, i wanna hear it .)

News Christopher Amott - New Solo Album Title And Cover Artwork Unveiled 10 06.07.2012 by Mad Arab666
News Skálmöld - New Album Cover Artwork And Release Date Revealed 10 23.08.2012 by Alex Fenger
News Marduk - New Album Title Announced, Cover Artwork Revealed 10 08.02.2007 by
News Overkill - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 10 24.01.2012 by AndMetalForAll
News Nervecell - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 10 19.01.2011 by X5452