"Memories Fall" is the new video from Dark Sarah, the new project led by former Amberian Dawn singer Heidi Parviainen, which can now be seen below. The track features a guest appearance by former Xandria frontwoman Manuela Kraller and will appear on Dark Sarah's debut album Behind The Black Veil, to be released later this year.

Heidi has previously announced several guest musicians like Manuela Kraller (ex-Xandria), Inga Scharf (Van Canto), Kasperi Heikkinen (U.D.O., Merging Flare), Jukka Koskinen (Wintersun, Amberian Dawn) and Heikki Saari (Tuoni, Naildown) to feature on her first album. More details can be found here.

Source: facebook.com

Posted: 13.01.2014 by Bad English

Comments

Carl Berg - 13.01.2014 at 15:04
This singer is absolutely amazing
Gothmog_Motsham - 13.01.2014 at 18:15
Great singing but the music is meh...They better come up with some awesome music like the in AD's "River of Tuoni" or "Clouds of Northland Thunder", if they can pull that off then we got a killer project here.
Susan - 14.01.2014 at 08:52
Dark Sarah? Can we think up a more teen angst-y band name? Maybe it's a language barrier thing....
R Lewis - 14.01.2014 at 13:50
Written by Susan on 14.01.2014 at 08:52

Yeah it has a strong feeling of stuff like this:

The song, however, is actually good.
Susan - 14.01.2014 at 17:39
Oh I disagree there as well One bad vocalist, one mediocre one, and some very cheap songwriting. Though, I have a feeling I'm in the minority here.
The Shape 1973 - 14.01.2014 at 21:38
Never liked AD that much, bit boring. But this has raised my interest. Will check out any more songs, when they come out.
R Lewis - 15.01.2014 at 01:31
Written by Susan on 14.01.2014 at 17:39

While I can agree about the songwriting, about the singers I don't.
I also remember liking a lot the last Xandria album - Tarja's Nightwish clone, sure, but enjoyable.
Ruchesko - 15.01.2014 at 19:34
I was never particularly "wow"-ed by Heidi's stuff with Amberian Dawn ("Black Circus" and "Kokko" were the only songs I held onto). Always found her voice surprisingly flat for a soprano.

This is equally meh - Manuela's good enough (thought she'd quit the metal scene), but if the rest of the album's anything like this, it looks like Heidi's mediocre run's going to continue.
aeonnumb - 16.01.2014 at 18:05
Written by Susan on 14.01.2014 at 17:39

Are you for real? You think Heidi and Manuela are bad/mediocre and the music is cheap? I understand people can like or not an artist but using characterizations like these must at least come with an explanation supporting your argument. And honestly if you find them bad I really wanna hear your voice and songwriting so I can see your view point.
Susan - 17.01.2014 at 04:04
Written by aeonnumb on 16.01.2014 at 18:05

Written by Susan on 14.01.2014 at 17:39

Sure, I can give some more explanation if you're curious. Whoever the first singer is relies too much on her naturally pretty tone and seems to use NO technique. The way she starts off with her voice uncontrollably quivering shows that she is using no breath support whatsoever. (She does have some nice natural tone, and if she used some technique could probably be quite a nice singer, if common sounding). Listening to someone push their voice and not support proparly, well, it hurts my ears. She is actually trying to use her throat to support her breath, which is why it sounds so tight and forced. Very common in untrained singers, because they're imitating what they hear from professionals instead of learning how to do it properly. Trying to achieve what they think is a "classical sound" is what leads may to the high larynx position, and a falsified sound. Also, it's not like she is trying to project in a theatre; she has a microphone. Mic technique is AWESOME because it's essentially learning how to let the mic do the work FOR you. She doesn't seem to have much of this, but if she's been in a band a while it's probably just a bad mix. Hopefully. The second singer was over darkening her tone and heavily manufacturing, though it's not too terrible to hear, and quite common in the lower grade "metal soprano" these days as they are all imitating Tarja in their own misguided way. Very common/bland voices.

Like I said originally, I have a feeling I'm in the minority here. Enjoy the music you enjoy! That's the fun part of such an eclectic offering that metal music gives us. Something for everyone
aeonnumb - 17.01.2014 at 16:42
Well, by citing Tarja as your reference point then I understand your opinion n I don't think there s anything else to discuss... I disagree with most of your technical points and by searching few minutes in the web you can easily find out that these ladies are anything but untrained.

News Dark Fortress - New Video Online 5.5 02.02.2010 by Uirapuru
News Dark Tranquillity - New Live Video, Details For 20 Anniversary Party 5.5 04.10.2009 by Darkside Momo
News Dark Tranquillity - New Video Online 5.5 22.02.2012 by Milena