German power metallers Edguy have just revealed the title and release date of their upcoming album, the follow-up to 2011's controversial Age Of The Joker. The album will be named Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown and will hit stores on April 18th via Nuclear Blast Records.

Here you have the official statement by the band: "On April 18th Edguy will release their tenth studio album Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown. Last weekend some journalists had the chance to listen to the album for the first time and the press reaction was amazing. There are several good reasons to believe that this album is going to be one of the strongest and heaviest Edguy albums of all time. More details are going to be revealed soon."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 28.01.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

Vombatus - 28.01.2014 at 14:06
I'm somehow interested in listening this. Last time I cared over an Edguy album was Hellfire Club, but all the fuzz Tobi's been doing over this might deserve a check. Title is ridiculously Edguyish too . Won't keep in mind the press opinion as they probably just got payed by the label to jack off over the album in some review....
ManiacBlasphemer - 28.01.2014 at 15:51
My expectation are low after the last two albums. Don't know if Sammet still has a trick or two to pull out something at least decent 'cause I do not expect another Mandrake or Hellfire Club, heck, I do not even want a similar one.
Pitwulf93 - 28.01.2014 at 15:55
Space Police...that just sounds silly...and I love it! Most people hated it but I actually hope this will be like Rocket Ride It was such a different and fun album. I don't think this will disappoint.
Pitwulf93 - 28.01.2014 at 15:57
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 28.01.2014 at 15:51

I thought Tinnitus Sanctus was great! Age of the Joker was decent but not great.
FeskarN - 28.01.2014 at 16:03
Typical edguy title in a way But I don't know if I can take this line serious "one of the strongest and heaviest Edguy albums of all time". I really doubt that but I hope i'm wrong.
Ellrohir - 28.01.2014 at 19:18
I am little bit scared of what Tobias means by "strong and heavy"...but better have low expectations and be surprised than vice-versa
The Shape 1973 - 28.01.2014 at 21:22
All guess work. Wait till you have heard it.
mikeprado30 - 29.01.2014 at 03:22
I consider it would be like the last Avantasia album (a mix of the old times with the last things Tobi has done in his albums).

News A Life Once Lost - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 01.08.2012 by btbamfan20
News Rotting Christ - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 14.11.2012 by J. N.
News Immolation - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 22.02.2013 by Derelict Earth
News Stratovarius - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date, EP In January 11.5 23.11.2012 by Dinruth
News Avatar - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 12.03.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham