The second Timo Tolkki's Avalon album is now shaping up, as the ex-Stratovarius mastermind just unveiled the album title and the complete list of guest musicians. The album will be named Angels Of The Apocalypse and will be released in May via Frontiers Records.

The singers that will appear on the album are: already announced Nightwish's Floor Jansen and Epica's Simone Simons, while the new announcements are Rhapsody Of Fire and Vision Divine's Fabio Lione, Virgin Steele's David DeFeis, Amaranthe's Elize Ryd (who already collaborated with Timo in The Land Of New Hope) and Caterina Nix, who will release her debut album produced by Tolkki, later this year.

Other musicians who will appear on the album are two other former members of Stratovarius: Tuomo Lassila on drums and Antti Ikonen on keyboards.

What a line-up! Are you looking forward to this?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Timo Tolkki's Avalon

Posted: 29.01.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

Empyror - 29.01.2014 at 13:30
I am looking forward to this. I like everyone involved here and I really liked the first one. Say what you want about Timo Tolkki the person, I agree he seems a bit off, but the man is a monster song writer when it comes to power metal.
BynersA7X - 29.01.2014 at 14:09
Whoa. This gonna be good.
aeonnumb - 29.01.2014 at 14:39
Written by Empyror on 29.01.2014 at 13:30

Allow me to disagree.. After Destiny, or maybe even infinite, repetition and unoriginality was beyond comprehension.. we are talking about 3 strato albums, 3 RR albums, 1 Symfonia and one avalon.. Not to mention the pledge music fiasco... The guy used to be a legend 15 years ago (well he did copied back then too, but the songs rocked and it s another discussion) and I think enough is enough.. he better stop doing music and let us remember him for the awesome strato albums.. especially episode and visions..
The Shape 1973 - 29.01.2014 at 21:34
Written by aeonnumb on 29.01.2014 at 14:39

Written by Empyror on 29.01.2014 at 13:30

Kind of agree with most of what you are saying here. He is one of the originators of the Finnish power metal sound. After Elements pt 1 things have been pretty uninspired. Don't stop releasing stuff though. You never know it MIGHT be good, look at the guest list.
mikeprado30 - 01.02.2014 at 04:54
Just reading the name of David DeFeis and my hopes got up I love his vocals
Sword_Chant - 10.02.2014 at 02:23
Written by aeonnumb on 29.01.2014 at 14:39

Written by Empyror on 29.01.2014 at 13:30

And what about Maiden with Brave New World? Maiden is only one example that if the result of taking a risk and going back to something turns out to be great (eg. a back to the roots style album) then it's worth it in the end. Especially for the fans and the band in question. Some elements of the latest album were half decent, I agree most material on the latter few albums were repeats on Strato's old material. I for one think there's still great material like the old days left in Tolkki, seems like it's just a matter of inspiration and making his material more unpredictable.

News Timo Tolkki's Avalon - New Album Cover And More Revealed 12 12.03.2014 by Joodicator
News Timo Tolkki's Avalon - New Album Trailer Online 10.5 26.03.2014 by The Shape 1973
News Timo Tolkki's Avalon - New Album In May, Floor Jansen As Vocalist 10.5 09.12.2013 by X5452
News Timo Tolkki's Avalon - Tuomo Lassila To Guest On New Album 10.5 28.10.2013 by PocketMetal
News Rosetta - New Album Title And Summer Dates Announced 8.5 22.06.2013 by Boxcar Willy