Instrumental masters Animals As Leaders are not wasting any time and just premiered "Tooth And Claw", a new song off their upcoming album The Joy Of Motion, whose details were announced a few days ago. You can enjoy the track right down here.

The album release is set for March 25th through Sumerian Records but are you pleased with the first new song?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Animals As Leaders

Posted: 19.02.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

BloodTears - 19.02.2014 at 13:47
Bring it on, Animals! I have high expectations for this album and this song is typical AAL. Some killer riffing at certain points and I'm optimistic.
R Lewis - 19.02.2014 at 15:44
Good, not impressive
Opethian - 19.02.2014 at 19:26
Written by BloodTears on 19.02.2014 at 13:47

I have to agree with you on that!
LeKiwi - 19.02.2014 at 22:19
Solid, maybe 8/10. Not quite up to par with their debut, but at least the crappy electronic bits are now more tasteful - their last album was a flop imo...
LeKiwi - 19.02.2014 at 22:23
"CAFO", "Tempting Time", "Song Of Solomon", that's where AAL's at. Sad that they can't write stuff like that anymore...
Rupert - 20.02.2014 at 03:50
I quite enjoyed that.
-Morbid- - 20.02.2014 at 03:52
Enjoyed that a hell of a lot more than I can remember enjoying anything off the last album.
deadone - 20.02.2014 at 04:46
I thought that was a medley as it was so disjointed...
BloodTears - 20.02.2014 at 11:03
Written by LeKiwi on 19.02.2014 at 22:19

Why do you think it was a flop? I can understand different tastes of course. I loved it
Moose - 20.02.2014 at 13:08
I personally think Weightless is their best album.
New song sounds promising.
LeKiwi - 20.02.2014 at 14:48
Written by BloodTears on 20.02.2014 at 11:03

Melodically, there was zero innovation, with hardly any riffs being memorable barring one or two. The whole album sounded like the run-of-the-mill virtuosic instrumental djent/progressive metal band combined with a few jazzy chords and riffs that identify the music as AAL. On it's own, it was stands out as a decent record, but compared to what the band has done in the past...a flop.
Dentura - 27.02.2014 at 19:37
Not bad, it's slightly better than the latest single they put out, but still not all that great in my opinion. I wouldn't mind passing on this album.

News Animals As Leaders - Stream Another New Song 7.5 27.02.2014 by LeKiwi
News Animals As Leaders - New Album Title, Teaser And More 7.5 14.02.2014 by Opethian
News Animals As Leaders - Recording New Album 7.5 25.11.2013 by Kuroboshi
News Animals As Leaders - New Album Details 5.5 07.09.2011 by Opethian
News Animals As Leaders - Audio Samples Of Entire New Album 5.5 05.11.2011 by Opethian