Triptykon's mastermind Tom Gabriel "Warrior" Fischer just released a statement about the band's new album Melana Chasmata special box set Century Media will be making available. Tom personally recommends fans not to buy it. He says it does not represent Triptykon even though the label can market the album as it pleases.

A personal message from Tom Gabriel Warrior: "The box set with extra items, limited to an edition of 2000, contains the mediabook edition of the album. It is not a Triptykon product, however, but a Century Media idea (much like the 10" box is a Nuclear Blast-only edition). I strongly dislike the CM box, and it is my personal recommendation to Triptykon's fans not to purchase it."

"CM have licensed the rights for the album and can thus market it as they wish, but that doesn't mean there are merits in such a limited edition venture. I personally feel it is in bad taste and does not represent Triptykon. All items which are officially issued by Triptykon (i.e., the mediabook CD, the pendant, and the tote bag) will be available separately through the usual outlets, so there is no need to support such a cheap and ill-fitting marketing venture."

The box set, limited to 2000 copies, will include the album, a Triptykon silver pendant, a poster, postcards, a Triptykon tote bag, and a cap. Check out the album details previously reported here.

Photographed by Christian Martin Weiss and Sylwia Makris

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Triptykon

Posted: 27.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

LascaillesShroud - 27.02.2014 at 21:47
Interesting, reminds me when Jon Schaffer recommended not buying the Alive in Athens DVD, which is plagued with horrible editing. Lost that footage of a solo? Just substitute footage from another song, of a different tempo, of a different everything...What do you think these people have EYES or something?

Ironically I still bought that DVD
Dentura - 27.02.2014 at 21:56
Whatever floats his boat, I'll still be buying the album.
Apothecary - 27.02.2014 at 22:14
Man, Vanja is hot
a MasT - 27.02.2014 at 23:34
Ballsy move
Troy Killjoy - 27.02.2014 at 23:47
Written by a MasT on 27.02.2014 at 23:33
Made hotter by being the only chick pictured.

And by a few pounds of makeup by the looks of it.
Lit. - 27.02.2014 at 23:48
Written by LascaillesShroud on 27.02.2014 at 21:47

Ironically I still bought that DVD

Also reminded of when Warning instructed fans to not buy the vinyl or box or whatever it was because it wasn't endorsed by the band.

Man, the music business can be a real shark sometimes.
Apothecary - 28.02.2014 at 00:04
Written by a MasT on 27.02.2014 at 23:58

*nods* shiny airbrushed photo enhancement

Of course she's wearing makeup and it might've been edited, it's a professional, official photo. Still though, she's really pretty, and I'm gonna have a hard time not getting tonguetwisted if I meet her at Roadburn.
Troy Killjoy - 28.02.2014 at 00:04
Written by a MasT on 27.02.2014 at 23:58
*nods* shiny airbrushed photo enhancement

I think I'm more taken with the guy standing behind her.

But seriously, am I misunderstanding this? He doesn't want people to buy the box set, which is a limited edition and contains more items, but is willing to sell some of the items from the box set individually? Does Tom Warrior have a secret hatred of post cards? How does this not show the "true" Triptykon?

I'm so confused either I'm pulling a k7-level reading comprehension or this whole thing is even dumber than I first thought.
LascaillesShroud - 28.02.2014 at 00:44
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.02.2014 at 00:04

Written by a MasT on 27.02.2014 at 23:58
*nods* shiny airbrushed photo enhancement

I think I'm more taken with the guy standing behind her.

Did you the see Obituary "box set". It was terrible, CD's came in paper sleeves and it was assembled rather badly. This might be something similar, perhaps.
Troy Killjoy - 28.02.2014 at 00:47
Written by LascaillesShroud on 28.02.2014 at 00:44

I honestly don't do box sets so I'm not familiar with what that entails but by the sounds of it you might have a point. I guess it's more so concerning the assembly or packaging rather than the actual content.
a MasT - 28.02.2014 at 04:43
Written by Apothecary on 28.02.2014 at 00:04

Written by a MasT on 27.02.2014 at 23:58

*nods* shiny airbrushed photo enhancement

Oh yea I'm definitely kidding/being a dick. I think shes a totally metal hottie who plays for awesome band. <3<3<3<3
Athropos - 28.02.2014 at 07:57
Tom's got a bunch of new friends at Century Media now!
LeChron James - 28.02.2014 at 10:34
Sounds like "Sad Wings of Destiny" syndrome.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 28.02.2014 at 20:55
Big ups for speaking his mind about warning fans, it dosen't seem like something you see that much happen, unless anyone can note me otherwise

News Triptykon - Announce Revised Special Box Set 7.5 19.03.2014 by Athropos
News Kreator - Mille Petrozza Releases Further Information About Upcoming Album 5.5 31.10.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Vektor - Frontman Releases Statement About His Arrest 5.5 07.06.2013 by Lit.
News Rush - Remixed Vapor Trails Album, New Box Set On The Way 5.5 04.08.2013 by Nemo Atkins
News Saint Vitus - Wino Releases Statement About Arrest And Deportation 5.5 18.11.2014 by Ocean Sage