On May 4th, the new Xandria album, Sacrificium, will hit the stores via Napalm Records. This will also be the first album to feature new bassist Steven Wussow and new singer Dianne van Giersbergen. Today the band is unveiling what the album tracklist will look like and the first snippet of the upcoming single "Nightfall". Listen to it right here.

Here's the album tracklist:

12. Sweet Atonement

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Xandria

Posted: 02.03.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

Lehctim - 02.03.2014 at 19:42
Not a huge fan but that cover is sweet
the_scarecrow - 02.03.2014 at 20:22
For me, Kill The Sun is their best release, followed by Ravenheart.
I feel Kill The Sun has a unique sound, that differs from the many acts in the genre, and made Xandria individuals.

India and Salomé: The Seventh Veil, to me, saw the band lose it a bit, with only a few standout tracks from each.

That said, I haven't fully listened to Neverworld's End, but what I have heard sounds like a refreshed Xandria, with a needed kick: "The Nomad's Crown", in particular, is absolutely stunning.

I'm looking forward to what new vocalist, Dianne, brings to the band, after the huge gaps left by both Lisa and Manuela.
4look4rd - 02.03.2014 at 22:00
Written by the_scarecrow on 02.03.2014 at 20:22

For me, Kill The Sun is their best release, followed by Ravenheart.

To me Killed the Sun and Ravenheart were decent albums but nothing that stood out. Neverworld's End is the best Nightwish album since Century Child
Rulatore - 02.03.2014 at 23:14
Anyone ?

the_scarecrow - 03.03.2014 at 00:10
Written by 4look4rd on 02.03.2014 at 22:00

Looking at Nightwish today, Xandria have out-Nightwished Nightwish!
The Evergreen - 03.03.2014 at 03:43
Consider me teased! Sounds great, and I'm getting excited to see them this fall.
LascaillesShroud - 03.03.2014 at 07:50
I adored the last album, Symphonic Metal with a good balance of actual riffs and bombastic orchestrations. Really look forward to this, despite the wonderful Ms. Kraller not being on it. The new vocalist sounds exceptional.
annodomini - 03.03.2014 at 10:00
Xandria always was a so-so band to me and the only album I adores since Neverworlds end was India, and with a NE my hope to this band was restored, and as someone already mentioned, they have outnightwishder Nightwish. So as it seems that Manuellas departure done no harm, and the snippet sounds equally amazing as the last album, I have high hoper for this album.
mariano - 04.03.2014 at 01:07
Quote:
Written by the_scarecrow on 03.03.2014 at 00:10

Looking at Nightwish today, Xandria have out-Nightwished Nightwish!

...not sure what you mean by that, but for what I listened this album still preserves that old Nightwish essence -which is good, isn't it?
the_scarecrow - 04.03.2014 at 02:42
Written by mariano on 04.03.2014 at 01:07

That's what I mean. NIghtwish are known for, and, most likely, always will be known for, their albums like Oceanborn, which are operatic and quite bombastic.
Nowadays, Nightwish have developed their style in a new direction, heavily influenced by musical score, quite different to early Nightwish.
All I meant was, Xandria, today, sound more like Nightwish than the current actual Nightwish.
And yes, it is a good thing.
metalwolf - 05.03.2014 at 14:00
Written by the_scarecrow on 04.03.2014 at 02:42

Written by mariano on 04.03.2014 at 01:07

And yes, it is a good thing.

Well, they are on par when it comes to switching singers...
the_scarecrow - 05.03.2014 at 21:53
Written by metalwolf on 05.03.2014 at 14:00

Well, they are on par when it comes to switching singers...

True. But at least Xandria's vocalists all left on good terms with the rest of the band, unlike the rather acrimonious departures of both Tarja and Anette.

News Xandria - New Album Tracklist And Sample Online 10.5 17.04.2007 by Daru Jericho
News Anvil - New Album Tracklist Revealed, New Song Online 8.5 14.03.2011 by HeadStone
News Skinflint - To Release New Album, New Song Online 7 17.08.2014 by krrrrebets
News Dream Theater - New Song Snippet Online 7 06.08.2011 by BloodTears
News Krallice - Complete Work On New Album, New Song Online 7 09.09.2009 by PazuzuSKOM