Remember Conquering Dystopia? The new supergroup featuring guitarists Jeff Loomis, Keith Merrow, bassist Alex Webster and drummer Alex Rüdinger has been kind enough to share their entire debut album online. The album's officially release is today and so the album is available on iTunes, Amazon MP3, Spotify, and many other places. As for the streaming, you can hear the result of these great musicians efforts on their website. Satisfy your curiosity now.

Did they work their magic and jell well together? Find out for yourself.

More details about Conquering Dystopia's self-titled debut album were previously reported over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Conquering Dystopia

Posted: 10.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

LeKiwi - 10.03.2014 at 22:30
Why does this project not have it's own profile?
Korah - 10.03.2014 at 23:49
Please create Conquering Dystopia's profile!
Unhealer - 11.03.2014 at 00:08
Sounds not-so-guitar-masturbatory for now That's good.
deadone - 11.03.2014 at 00:13
No singer has put me off this completely.
Traezeus - 11.03.2014 at 00:29
Written by deadone on 11.03.2014 at 00:13

No singer has put me off this completely.

Stop it. Listen to this shit; it's great. One of the best instrumental metal releases I've heard to date.
deadone - 11.03.2014 at 00:32
Written by Traezeus on 11.03.2014 at 00:29

Written by deadone on 11.03.2014 at 00:13

No singer has put me off this completely.

I am listening to it. It's boring me.

Deadone needs singers singing. I is simple like that.
Diverge - 11.03.2014 at 00:36
Written by deadone on 11.03.2014 at 00:32

Written by Traezeus on 11.03.2014 at 00:29

Written by deadone on 11.03.2014 at 00:13

No singer has put me off this completely.

I am listening to it. It's boring me.

Deadone needs singers singing. I is simple like that.

I'm sorry you can't derive any kind of pleasure from the instrumental metal subgenres. You're missing out, because this is actually very well done and an easy contender for instrumental album of the year (even if this only March).
Also, I don't even think a singer like Damian Wilson could have possibly complemented the music. I approve of the choice to keep this instrumental.
Traezeus - 11.03.2014 at 00:44
Written by deadone on 11.03.2014 at 00:32

Written by Traezeus on 11.03.2014 at 00:29

Written by deadone on 11.03.2014 at 00:13

No singer has put me off this completely.

I am listening to it. It's boring me.

Deadone needs singers singing. I is simple like that.

But... but... its so crushing!

As they say, "To each his own." I like vocals too, but I don't think it would compliment the song structure of this album well at all. If these songs were written with vocals in mind I think the album would've turned out to be a completely different beast (albeit still a beast, nonetheless).
deadone - 11.03.2014 at 00:49
The music is quite good. Hell, I'd say it's excellent.

My problem is that it sounds like something is missing.

Indeed a lot of it sounds like it was written for a vocalist (e.g. all those big chuggy rythms in Ashes of Lesser Men or Nuclear Justice).

And as stated after a while it becomes boring without vocals to break up the music.

There is one singer that would've fit in quite well - a certain Mr Warrel Dane! (Though Dallas Toler-Wade/Karl Sanders combo may be more appropriate for some songs closer to the end of the album).

EDIT: Conspiracy theory alert!

Maybe Jeff left the vocal spot empty in case him and Warrel ever make up....
LeKiwi - 11.03.2014 at 02:04
This needs no vocals. Such groove.
Opethian - 11.03.2014 at 03:10
The fact that it's an all Instrumental album makes me want to check it out. There are those albums that no singer can ever justify and i personally respect that. They do have an Official page on FB fyi ...
LascaillesShroud - 11.03.2014 at 03:57
All the musicians involved are phenomenal. I do think the album is lacking, and yes it is a vocalist I think it lacks. No, it's not that I can't appreciate instrumental music, I am perfectly capable of doing so and I do enjoy many instrumental albums.

I think everything of Jeff's is better off with vocals, the songs on his 2nd album with singers were just more cohesive and refined, his entire first album is one giant piece of supreme musicianship that hovers on the brink of being something more, yet never reaching it.
Diverge - 11.03.2014 at 04:24
Written by LascaillesShroud on 11.03.2014 at 03:57

I love vocalists too, but there's no way this music could have had any vocal accompaniment. Any vocal sections would interfere with what the musicians were trying to accomplish here.
deadone - 11.03.2014 at 04:32
Written by Diverge on 11.03.2014 at 04:24

I could hear lots of bits where a vocalist would've been a welcome addition. As stated there were places where I think Warrel Dane and the chaps out of Nile would've worked extremely well.
psykometal - 11.03.2014 at 05:04
@LeKiwi & Korah They don't have a profile yet because the album hadn't been released yet. But now that's it's been released...

Edit: Here you go, whiny bitches...
psykometal - 11.03.2014 at 05:59
I'm enjoying the album just fine without vocals, but I can see why some would prefer a vocalist. And I do not agree that Warrell would be best with this if were to add vocals. I'm thinking it would need 2 vocalists if it was going to have vocals, a powerful clean vocalist and a good death vocalist. I'm thinking Kelly Carpenter (ex-Outworld) for the cleans, and someone like Brett Windnagle (Lascaille's Shroud) for the growls. Can actually here a similar example of the vocal duality they could create by listening to "Resist" from Lascaille's Shroud's debut, the clean vocalist there has a very similar vocal style to Kelly Carpenter, not quite as powerful, but close enough for comparison.
sovietpower - 11.03.2014 at 06:11
Don't we have enough metal with vocals? There is nothing wrong with listening to a little instrumental music. I spent 80 bucks on the original indigo campaign for this so I am sure you will find me hugely bias as I am a big fan of both artists. I have been listening to this album for a few days now since I got the early release and it keeps growing on me. It is basically Keith Merrow providing rhythm and Jeff providing leads. I have to say Keith is defiantly his best here and displays some of his most complex stuff to date. I think Jeff is pushing him to be a better player, his rhythms are interesting and varied and his guitar tone is killer as usual. I didn't like the mid presence on the overdrive initially, but now I am digging it. Jeff's leads are not forced. I felt like on his solo albums he forces a lot of leads to be fast. Here we have fast, slow and mid paced lead guitar. I like the variety of track, but I think a few vocals tracks like Jeff had on his last album could have been nice. I think this is a phenomenal album for guitarists.
erat - 11.03.2014 at 09:33
Why people complaining about "no vocals". It was clear from the beginning. Nothing surprising. Instrumental Metal is "instrumental". It has no vocals.
- Cpt. Obvious

Add "Warrel Dane" (in your head), and it becomes "Nevermore" :p Super Effective!
DonMoenning - 11.03.2014 at 17:16
I think I get what people are trying to say here, and I tend to agree:

Jeff Loomis Project:

Without Vocals - Extremely enjoyable, ripping Instrumental Metal

With Vocals - Album of the year consideration
TrollandDie - 12.03.2014 at 00:39
While I like Jeff's solo work, I find this album has the sound he should have went for in his self-titled material.

Still, no matter how much I like his hyper-tech projects, I just want him to do more stuff in the style of Nevermore.
deadone - 12.03.2014 at 01:15
Written by TrollandDie on 12.03.2014 at 00:39

I just want him to do more stuff in the style of Nevermore.

I think a lot of us do as well.
HeadStone - 12.03.2014 at 01:29
Good job !
deadone - 12.03.2014 at 03:35
Written by psykometal on 11.03.2014 at 05:59

Just heard that Kelly Carpenter/Outworld. Great Power Metal vocalist and very cool band.

I'd agree on both him and the Lacaille Shroud fellow doing vocals for this one.
psykometal - 12.03.2014 at 03:43
Written by deadone on 12.03.2014 at 03:35

Yea, Kelly is probably my fave power vocalist, and Outworld's Warcry probably my fave power song. His vocals are so freakin' epic and powerful on that song and album.
MrClansman1 - 12.03.2014 at 07:16
Without vocals works fine to me, but in fact I expect more. I don't want to say, that I don't like what I heard (it's very solid record), but I expect from line-up like this something more catchy. Anyway, next week will be guitar clinic with Jeff, Keith in Portsmouth.. I can't wait to hear something from this record on my own eyes.
Methuselah - 12.03.2014 at 19:28
Fantastic album. Destroyer of Dreams tickles my mind gspot.

News Jeff Loomis - Entire New Album Streaming Online 12 11.04.2012 by Daniell
News Conquering Dystopia - Teaser And Release Date For Debut Album 12 03.03.2014 by psykometal
News Bloodshot Dawn - Entire Debut Self-Titled Album Streaming Online 8.5 07.03.2012 by Black Conundrum
News Khonsu - Entire Debut Album Streaming Online 8.5 29.08.2012 by s_t_s
News Protest - Entire Debut Album Streaming Online 8.5 06.03.2012 by Black Conundrum

Hits total: 1926 | This month: 85