After months of teasing, finally Edguy are giving fans the chance to listen to the first song off their upcoming album Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown, that will be released on April 18th via Nuclear Blast Records. The German heavyweights have, in fact, just shared the lyric video for "Sabre & Torch", which you can enjoy below.

What are your expectations for Space Police, after hearing this brand new track?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 14.03.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

R Lewis - 14.03.2014 at 21:55
That's not bad at all. Of course, originality is UNDER NINE THOUSANDS!!!, but the overall track is better and heavier than what I expected
Empyror - 14.03.2014 at 22:00
I like it a lot, especially the main guitar riff.
ManiacBlasphemer - 14.03.2014 at 22:01
Not bad, but it still gets a minus for the bad cover and the bad album title... if musicaly speaking, the other tracks will be like this one, then Edguy might still have something to say... if not... it's not like I got high expectations anyway.
Nemo Atkins - 14.03.2014 at 22:24
It's very reminiscent to "Invoke The Machine", but I still like it!

I'm still taking Tobi's comment about this album being the heaviest Edguy album to date with a pinch of salt, though...
FeskarN - 14.03.2014 at 23:05
I'm kind of suprised. Cool song.
BynersA7X - 15.03.2014 at 00:20
Darth Vader at 4:00?
Ellrohir - 15.03.2014 at 01:52
Everything went worse than expected...

i am sorry, but i simply cannot adore this song after all what Tobi produced in past years...nothing at least a bit interesting in this track for me...
LeChron James - 15.03.2014 at 02:31
Written by BynersA7X on 15.03.2014 at 00:20

Darth Vader at 4:00?

Yeah, but they'll probably call it Varth Dader in order to avoid being forced to change their name to Edguy of Fire.
Angelic Storm - 15.03.2014 at 08:44
This is better than I was expecting, definitely! I love the heavy riffing, and the catchy chorus. That riff before the solo is actually a bit of a monster! Hopefully the rest of the album will be as good, if it is, it will be their best since "Hellfire Club".
DeDood - 15.03.2014 at 08:46
Great track. Let's hope the rest of the album will be like this (or better).
tomasmakina - 15.03.2014 at 11:57
Written by Nemo Atkins on 14.03.2014 at 22:24

It's very reminiscent to "Invoke The Machine", but I still like it!

Yeah, i had the same feeling! Not a bad one but still I prefer "Invoke the machine"
The Shape 1973 - 15.03.2014 at 12:54
Better than anything they have done in a while. Still sounds someway from Mandrake days, but a positive step.

I don't know if it is just me, but I can't help but think I am going to hate anything from Tobi and am finding it difficult to objectively listen and possibly like it if it is good.
blackmat - 15.03.2014 at 14:18
This is better than I thought it would be. If the rest of the album will be like this, then it will a good album. The cover and title stll suck.
The Shape 1973 - 15.03.2014 at 21:50
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.03.2014 at 08:44

Listen to the clip from the song Love Tyger on Youtube. I know its short, but it sounds a bit lacklustre.
Angelic Storm - 16.03.2014 at 10:25
Written by The Shape 1973 on 15.03.2014 at 21:50

Well, it is a bit of sleaze rock fluff, but pretty much what I expected from that song just from seeing the title of it. But, "Hellfire Club" had the ridiculous "Lavatory Love Machine" on it, and that didn't prevent it from being a brilliant album, so I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear the full album. When I saw the tracklist, I pretty much knew what I was going to get from songs with titles like "Love Tyger", and "Do Me Like A Caveman" (I haven't heard anything from the latter track, but I'll be amazed if it isn't a "comedy" rock number).

So those two tracks, and the cover of Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" aside, it was always the seven remaining tracks that I was really interested in giving a listen (though I am curious to here their take on that Falco number lol). If the other 6 tracks I haven't mentioned are as good as, or even better than "Sabre And Torch", then I'll be happy with the album. I'm also interested in hearing the two new songs which are bonus tracks on the limited edition.
carlos246246 - 16.03.2014 at 16:15
A really cool track, funny as hell. The chorus is catchy and powerful. Surely it will be a killer opening for any of their live gigs.

However I'm still curious about the album as a whole; apart from fast tracks and ballads, I'd like to hear something longer and well produced such as Eyes of the Tyrant, Theater of Salvation or The Pharao.
euronymous - 17.03.2014 at 08:46
Good song for the morning
Iamawalker - 24.03.2014 at 16:50
This song is surprisingly heavy, and also killer! The guitars sound terrific. I love this! Sammet pushes himself slightly more as well, which is cool.
Lokaeda - 26.03.2014 at 22:13
Why do I feel like I've heard this song on many previous Edguy albums?

News Sabaton - Lyric Video For New Song Online 9 02.05.2014 by R Lewis
News Xandria - Lyric Video For New Song Online 9 03.04.2014 by R Lewis
News Noctiferia - New Lyric Video Available For Streaming Online 8.5 04.08.2014 by Ilham
News James LaBrie - Lyric Video For New Track Released 8.5 17.07.2013 by BynersA7X
News Testament - New Track Available For Download, Lyric Video Released 8.5 03.07.2012 by Zaphod