In anticipation of their upcoming album Shadows Of The Dying Sun, Insomnium have premiered the music video for an unheard track titled "While We Sleep" off the same album - the song can be streamed below. The album is due to be released on April 28th in Europe and April 29th in North America this year via Century Media Records. Don't waste time, listen to a new Insomnium song now!

The song "Revelations", also from the new album, is still available for streaming over here.

What do you think of the video?

[Also thanks to BloodJuNkie and Justicelust for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Insomnium

Posted: 07.04.2014 by LeKiwi

Comments

BloodJuNkie - 07.04.2014 at 16:45
Pretty awesome!
Justicelust - 07.04.2014 at 16:50
This is art, so awesome! this one is their best after Across The Dark. It's epic and mindblowing like the songs they usually had before One For Sorrow.
Fallen Ghost - 07.04.2014 at 17:00
Got mixed feelings after one listen. Some of it reminded me little of Above The Weeping World, which is a good thing! Then there's some newer elements I'm not sure of.. Oh well, gonna buy the album anyways!
Spacerunner - 07.04.2014 at 17:05
Very nice!
IronArkadius666 - 07.04.2014 at 17:08
Holy shit! I was already excited but now my hopes have skyrocketed, loving the Weeping World touches.
LeKiwi - 07.04.2014 at 17:23
I don't know where you guys are hearing the AtWW elements - the way I remember it, that album was defined by timeless melodies, of which I don't see much here
Risto - 07.04.2014 at 17:28
Written by LeKiwi on 07.04.2014 at 17:23

It's in the way the song develops, rather than in the melodies. Getting a carbon copy would be rather boring, wouldn't it?

Another great track. Awesome record coming up if they can keep at it all the way through.
ScottyM - 07.04.2014 at 18:09
It's my opinion that every Insomnium album supersedes the previous in quality. Thus far from what they've released, they're seemingly on track to follow suit with this album.
Ag Fox - 07.04.2014 at 20:11
Didn't expect much, but I'm still surprised at how much I enjoyed it
Dark Blood - 07.04.2014 at 20:28
This is why I love these guys. This song is what I usually expect to hear from them, and more. Great atmosphere and melodies. The clean vocals are a nice touch to it as well.
Scathach666 - 07.04.2014 at 21:10
Killer track
WorpeX - 08.04.2014 at 01:21
Awesome!!
Malaghost - 08.04.2014 at 01:23
Bloody amazing experience. For eyes and ears.
Troy Killjoy - 08.04.2014 at 01:57
It's alright. I think I'm officially starting to dislike all forms of melodeath, even from some formerly favorite bands. I've heard this song 100 times already before, it's nothing new.
deadone - 08.04.2014 at 02:12
Well that was boring.

It also sounds like pretty much every other modern melodic band with growl vocals.
deadone - 08.04.2014 at 02:20
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2014 at 01:57

Totally agree.

I like the stuff that came out in the 90s. After that melodic DM largely went down the toilet.

There's no energy or intensity or originality in these newer bands. And the old ones ala Dark Tranquility or Soilwork have completely lost steam.

It's in fact it's largely become emo music with growl vocals.

I think in the end Melodic DM was a one-trick pony and it died nearly two decades ago.
Kivenkantaja - 08.04.2014 at 02:29
Preferred Revelation, i think
AngelofDeth - 08.04.2014 at 03:36
Written by Fallen Ghost on 07.04.2014 at 17:00

Same here, not sure if I like it or I'm bored by it.. These two new songs definitely are reminiscent of their earlier works, which is awesome but at the same time they still can't quite shake off the blandness Insomnium has become.

So far, at least I'm liking these new tracks more than everything off Sorrow, though that's not saying much.
visiblenoise - 08.04.2014 at 05:19
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I used to like Insomnium a lot too, but I got too used to their sound.

I wouldn't write off all of melodic death though...Amon Amarth? Kalmah?
deadone - 08.04.2014 at 05:40
Written by visiblenoise on 08.04.2014 at 05:19

I wouldn't write off all of melodic death though...Amon Amarth? Kalmah?

Amon Amarth just regurgitate the same old album every couple of years. As I always say, they make AC/DC and Cannibal Corpse sound like progressive avant garde jazz.

Kalmah are still doing well but that's it.
deadone - 08.04.2014 at 05:42
Written by visiblenoise on 08.04.2014 at 05:19

I wouldn't write off all of melodic death though...Amon Amarth? Kalmah?

Kalmah are still doing well but that's it.
Reaper_Redeamer - 08.04.2014 at 10:59
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2014 at 01:57

I had the same reaction on "Revelations" track and exactly the same now. Seems like they lost 2 people
bladefall - 08.04.2014 at 15:06
This song is good.But i find the intro riff is so similar to Down with the sun、1:30-1:48.
I really hope they aren't stuck for fresh ideas.
Risto - 08.04.2014 at 15:41
Written by bladefall on 08.04.2014 at 15:06

Not even close, mate. It sounds familiar because it shares a chord progression with Song of the Blackest Bird (outro).
Fallen Ghost - 09.04.2014 at 08:31
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2014 at 01:57

I kinda agree with you here. Melodic death metal was the first extreme genre I got in to, and now I'm just sick and tired of the genre. Even Seventh Swamphony by Kalmah didn't do it for me. But oh well, still hoping there's something with this album, as much as I still love the older Insomnium albums like Since The Day It All Came Down and Above The Weeping World
Kevorkian - 09.04.2014 at 09:49
Written by Risto on 08.04.2014 at 15:41

Written by bladefall on 08.04.2014 at 15:06

He said that is sounds similar, not the same. As soon as the song started I knew that I'd heard something like it before. It's clear that they're running out of ideas.
Risto - 09.04.2014 at 12:50
Written by Kevorkian on 09.04.2014 at 09:49

Like I said, not even close. As for running out of ideas, to me they sound more inspired than on the previous record. Sure, some things are being recycled (deliberately or not), but that doesn't mean the well has run dry.
s_t_s - 09.04.2014 at 15:19
Just love it. Maybe some of you say Insomnium are always doing the same things but at least they do them a very nice way. All their songs are very enjoyable if not memorable. Besides, I wouldn't call them melodeath I will buy this album, undoubtedly !
Super_Greg - 09.04.2014 at 21:59
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2014 at 01:57

Same ;(

I Haven't had the urge to listen to melodeath in some time now. Same bands putting out the same shit it seems.
crucifiedjesus - 10.04.2014 at 07:42
Insomnium? more like Narcoleptium! i cant stay awake through this! its like in flames and dark tranquility had a depressed child!
s_t_s - 10.04.2014 at 16:28
Written by crucifiedjesus on 10.04.2014 at 07:42

At least your comment was funny, even though I don't agree with you
donmuath - 15.04.2014 at 13:46
When will they ditch the clean vocals?
Troy Killjoy - 15.04.2014 at 16:23
Written by donmuath on 15.04.2014 at 13:46
When will they ditch the clean vocals?

Probably never considering it's an integral part of the band's sound.
donmuath - 15.04.2014 at 21:51
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.04.2014 at 16:23

Written by donmuath on 15.04.2014 at 13:46
When will they ditch the clean vocals?

Probably never considering it's an integral part of the band's sound.

Integral how, they only started using clean vocals on Across the Dark, and even then they only used them for two songs if I recall.

If all else fails, can't they get someone who doesn't sound so... whiny.
Troy Killjoy - 15.04.2014 at 21:54
Written by donmuath on 15.04.2014 at 21:51

If all else fails, can't they get someone who doesn't sound so... whiny.

Integral in the sense that it's what Insomnium does now to "separate themselves" from the horde of melodic "death" metal bands. There was a bit of veiled sarcasm in that comment but sometimes it doesn't translate well in text.

News Welicoruss - Premiere New Video 5.5 13.12.2011 by Dark Blood