Swedish folk power metal forerunners Falconer will return this year with a new album called Black Moon Rising. Its release is scheduled for June 6th in Europe, June 9th in the UK, and June 10th in North America via Metal Blade. The band decided to reveal all the album details today and also the first new song. The first single to be released from the album, "Locust Swarm," is streaming now below. Now that the album opener is revealed, tell us your thoughts about it.

Black Moon Rising was recorded at Sonic Train Studios with Andy LaRocque. According to the label, "this album is the most guitar oriented, riff-filled, and fastest Falconer release to date. This is a much hungrier and more vital Falconer, with some of their finest material in many years."

Falconer's main composer Stefan Weinerhall says: "After an 8 month complete break from music on the verge of quitting it, I finally returned with a feeling of hunger, power and commitment to the song writing. The goal we all had was to wake up, stir things up a bit and perform at our very best. And so we all did!"

Tracks:

11. The Priory

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Falconer

Posted: 16.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Mattybu - 16.04.2014 at 22:25
Man I really like this. I usually don't listen to tracks from albums before their release but had to make an exception. Maybe not their best ever but still good.
R Lewis - 16.04.2014 at 23:04
This was actually something
Dargor - 16.04.2014 at 23:52
I've never been a fan of that band but this is a pretty good song. I just feel like the vocals are not on par with the instruments, they lack power and energy compared to the rest.
Mattybu - 17.04.2014 at 00:01
Written by Dargor on 16.04.2014 at 23:52

I thought the vocals were a little strange too, actually. Just the way it was mixed, they didn't flow with the rest of the music as well as they have in the past.
chronic-headache - 17.04.2014 at 01:26
Written by Mattybu on 17.04.2014 at 00:01

Written by Dargor on 16.04.2014 at 23:52

agreed

the mixing is way wack that the vox just seem so...not right
Joodicator - 17.04.2014 at 01:49
Agreeing with everyone here about the vocals. Considering how much Falconer hinges on Mathias Blad's voice (among other things), they should have put the vocals a bit higher in the mix. Can't deny what the label said about how guitar-driven it is though.
Necrodamus - 17.04.2014 at 07:42
That's more like it! Their last album was mediocre in my opinion. The main riff here is already better than most of Armod combined. Can't wait for this one.
BloodTears - 17.04.2014 at 11:08
I tend to agree here. This is promising indeed! Falconer are one of the few power metal bands I really really like.
Wes - 17.04.2014 at 12:34
Falconer owns. The guitarist is one of the most creative dudes out there. Just go through Northwind and skip to each solo, some of that is just mindblowingly melodic. Less mindless shred and more emotion.

News Iron Maiden - New Album Details And Song Online 8.5 08.06.2010 by GT
News Autumn - Announce New Album Details, New Song Online 8.5 23.09.2011 by dismaleuphony
News Extol - New Album Details Revealed, New Song Online 8.5 23.04.2013 by Joodicator
News Battlecross - New Album Details, New Song Online 8.5 30.05.2013 by BloodJuNkie
News Abigail Williams - New Song Online, More Album Details Revealed 8.5 10.11.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!