Eerie experimental death/doom metallers Owl have just released a brand new track called "We Ascend As We Fall" and you can check it out through the player below. Tell us about your impressions. The song comes off the band's upcoming EP entitled Into The Absolute which will be released on May 12th via Zeitgeister Music.

Band leader Christian Kolf describes the new EP: "If the last musical outputs mostly happened at night, Into The Absolute is set right before dawn, when then first light appears. Still gloomy, but with this feeling of a new awakening."

Tracks:

01. Into The Absolute
02. We Ascend As We Fall
03. Apparition
04. Unearthly Arcana

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Owl

Posted: 25.04.2014 by Pazdzioch

Comments

Alex Fenger - 25.04.2014 at 18:08
I like this quite a bit. Definitely keeping up with the quality of the previous two releases, and possible surpassing it honestly. Kolf's description of it seems pretty accurate actually.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.04.2014 at 18:12
I agree, really nice song. Weirdly uplifting and even euphoric at points, but ominous and creepy at others.
Verdun_sc - 25.04.2014 at 21:42
Agreed. As death metal goes this band is almost up there with Morbus Chron and Tribulation [albeit in a very different way stylistically].
The addition of the cleanish vocals is awesome as well.
Karlabos - 26.04.2014 at 18:39
I like this.
As expected from the side project of Monty Battles
mz - 29.04.2014 at 01:50
This project gets better with each release. I'm not a fan the debut at all but the second album is very good, and this track is also excellent. I'm surprised by the length, though. Not that it's a bad thing, but I excepted his to come up with another long song.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.04.2014 at 02:33
Written by mz on 29.04.2014 at 01:50

Still surprised by your extremely low score of the original album. Admittedly the ambient track brings it down a bit but a 4? Damn, that's harsh.
mz - 29.04.2014 at 03:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.04.2014 at 02:33

I'm listening to his discography, in reversed chronological order to see what happens but seriously, on the debut, not only the ambient track sucked so hard, but also death metal tracks were boring and lead work even used to get cheesy at points.

News Danzig - New Cover Song Streaming Online 7 12.05.2012 by blackvelvet