The new HammerFall album has finally been announced. The follow-up to Infected will be named (r)Evolution, and will be released on August 27th in Sweden, August 29th in Europe, September 1st in the UK and September 2nd in the USA. The first single, "Bushido", will be released on July 18th. Take a look at the album cover and tracklist here. Seems like the band took a step back returning to its origins. What do you think?

Tracks:

01. Hector's Hymn
02. (r)Evolution
03. Bushido
04. Live Life Loud
05. Ex Inferis
06. We Won't Back Down
07. Winter Is Coming
08. Origins
09. Tainted Metal
10. Evil Incarnate
11. Wildfire

Catch the band live on July 31st at Wacken Open Air, Germany, on August 9th at Lleyendas Del Rock, Spain and on August 29th at Stora Scenen Lisenberg, Sweden. The band will also do an European tour in early 2015.

Source: hammerfall.net
Band profile: HammerFall

Posted: 26.05.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 26.05.2014 at 22:07
Sorry, can't help but feel little or no excitement at all for this. Think they have had their day.
R Lewis - 26.05.2014 at 22:27
Great. Now G.R.R.Martin will kill the HammerFall character since they quoted him.
Metalmenial - 26.05.2014 at 23:09
Ó, very nice! Cover is nicer than Infected or No sacrifice, no victory but tracklist is strange, maybe good. This cover is for Hammerfall, no Infected (my free opinion). cover-I think, there is site for feelings and excitement.
unswabbed - 26.05.2014 at 23:33
Winter Is Coming : A song about Game Of Thrones

The cover art is better than Infection (not very difficult). Now I'm waiting for the first single
Doge of Venice - 27.05.2014 at 02:05
I'm pretty sure Wildfire may also be a song about Game of Thrones.
sharkruisher - 27.05.2014 at 02:13
Album cover: Very good. seems like they return to their origin while still looking forward

Album Title: Pure crap. Cheesy as hell
deadone - 27.05.2014 at 02:19
Written by sharkruisher on 27.05.2014 at 02:13

Album Title: Pure crap. Cheesy as hell

Totally agree. I hate all these pathetic attempts at wittiness. The Haunted's rEvolver is another great example.

I would've liked the cover had they not included the horse.
BubbaBlack - 27.05.2014 at 02:50
A Song of Ice and Fire has been a running theme in Hammerfall's albums for a long time. Way before the television series and obviously before you twats knew about the band OR the books.

2005
"Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken: The album's title was inspired by the family motto of the fictional House Martell of Dorne from the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin, as well as the name of the songs "Hammer of Justice," "Take the Black" and "Fury of the Wild". The lyric "Nothing burns like the cold" from "Never, Ever" is taken from the first chapter of A Game of Thrones, the first book in the series."

2006
"Threshold: As with several songs on the previous album, the song "Dark Wings, Dark Words" is inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire."

Also, the cover rules.
juanopereira - 27.05.2014 at 04:14
Winter is coming...
AngelofDeth - 27.05.2014 at 05:03
Written by BubbaBlack on 27.05.2014 at 02:50

and obviously before you twats knew about the band OR the books.

YEah! Bubbablack knew it first before all you guys, so he wins!

Written by The Shape 1973 on 26.05.2014 at 22:07

Exactly what I thought when I saw this pop up in my update feed, does anyone care about this band anymore? As with most Hammerfall albums I'll probably just pluck a couple songs from it and trash the rest.

As for this reveal, the title promises to be one of their shittiest albums yet and the cover looks like they're stuck in the 90's.
DragonSavior X10 - 27.05.2014 at 05:57
I'm sure they'll (r)Evolve into a band that sounds exactly the same, and I wouldn't have it any other way. HammerFall is the AC/DC of power metal. Good looking cover. Reminds me of the old albums.
mikeprado30 - 27.05.2014 at 07:16
Written by DragonSavior X10 on 27.05.2014 at 05:57

HammerFall is the AC/DC of power metal.

Word! But I just don't imagine them different (even with Infected).
Panzerfrost - 27.05.2014 at 08:08
Why are yoy unsatisdied? Classical album cover for the power metal album. But frankly speaking, I'm not expecting mucg from them...???
LeKiwi - 27.05.2014 at 08:09
I know one user who would be very excited about this
bj_waters - 27.05.2014 at 08:54
Hammerfall was pretty much the band that got me into metal, so they always hold a special place in my music library. While I admit that I haven't been completely on board with their latest efforts (Infected was . . . . strange), I'm looking forward to this.
Angelic Storm - 27.05.2014 at 09:50
Written by deadone on 27.05.2014 at 02:19

That is a great album though, which means I can very easily overlook the misguided attempt at a "cool" album title.

Every Hammerfall album has it's share of great and filler songs, and I feel confident that this album will be no different in that regard. As for the album cover, yep, it is cheesy, but it is also typical Hammerfall, so... I think it's a safe bet that Hammerfall fans will lap this album up, and people who have always hated them, will not have their minds changed by this album.

I'm certainly not eagerly awaiting this album, but I'm sure it will contain some songs that I will enjoy, so I'll definitely check it out.
Ilham - 27.05.2014 at 10:05
I want the name of the cover artist. So I put out a hit on his fucking head. What is their target, visually challenged little boys? And "(r)Evolution". Wow, now that's something original. And oh so smart. That changes the whole thing.
morwen - 27.05.2014 at 14:17
It seems Hammerfall have returned to their original artwork, just like Sonata Arctica (they have even written a "Wildfire" too xD). Are we before an imminent 90s eurometal revival? I hope so . I love the cover but hate the album title, apart from the fact it does't fit at all with the picture.

Anyway, I have good expectations!!
Lord_Agony - 27.05.2014 at 16:20
It's funny how some people can judge an album from its track list, I wish i had that kind of super power
blackmat - 27.05.2014 at 20:00
Written by Lord_Agony on 27.05.2014 at 16:20

Yea, whish i had that super power to.
The Shape 1973 - 27.05.2014 at 21:33
Written by Lord_Agony on 27.05.2014 at 16:20

I have an even greater super power. I can smell cheese just from looking at a band name.
deadone - 28.05.2014 at 01:35
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.05.2014 at 09:50

Totally agree oti being a great album!

As for Hammerfall, their first album is good but they got a bit samey after that.
Troy Killjoy - 28.05.2014 at 03:21
Written by BubbaBlack on 27.05.2014 at 02:50

Wow you're so cool for knowing about things before other people. I can't believe all the twats on here who didn't hear about a fantasy book series until it was made into a national hit television series.
The Evergreen - 28.05.2014 at 18:35
Well, I'm not going to get worked up too much, but this sounds looks good to me. Yes, there will be cheese. Cheese is delicious! It's why I listen to Hammerfall and Dragonforce.

Still not a fan of that parenthetical nonsense, though.

Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 10:05

I want the name of the cover artist. So I put out a hit on his fucking head.

You're looking for Samwise Didier. Look him up, maybe. You'll either start to like him or hate him more.
Ilham - 28.05.2014 at 18:46
Written by The Evergreen on 28.05.2014 at 18:35

Thank you, I've made my decision. Now that I have a picture, I just need an address and 20 grand. Yeah it's an expensive one, but I want the job done.
The Evergreen - 28.05.2014 at 22:47
20 gees, huh? Well, at least you didn't fall for the 1000 dollar hitman trap.
Just don't hire anyone from your gym and then blame it on the 'roids when you get caught, kay?
Oh, and watch out for Hector.
I might be an issue too, I mostly like the guy.
slayerules - 29.05.2014 at 03:25
For me this band was interesting only in their first two albums, afterwards they lost all freshness. This ''new'' cover is a mere blend of ''glory to the brave'' and ''renegade'' covers, in fact we can call it auto-plagiarism. And it makes me think we won't find something original on it.
Mattybu - 29.05.2014 at 04:32
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 10:05

What is their target, visually challenged little boys?

I know you asked that jokingly, but in all seriousness, the guy is an artist for Blizzard apparently, and I can speak for World of Warcraft anyways, over the years they have been making a noticeable effort to make the game increasing young child-friendly, visual design included. So yes, little boys are probably the intended audience of some of his work.

Just rubbish album art if you ask me though, there's a good kind of cheesy and over the top but this is not it.
bj_waters - 29.05.2014 at 05:41
I'll take stereotypical HammerFall art over the stupid zombie thing they had going with their last album, and I was utterly sick of zombies THEN (which was three years ago).
deadone - 29.05.2014 at 06:08
Written by bj_waters on 29.05.2014 at 05:41

I was utterly sick of zombies THEN (which was three years ago).

Same. I still enjoy Walking Dead but that's it for zombies for me.
Andreas - 04.06.2014 at 09:17
Written by Ilham on 28.05.2014 at 18:46

Written by The Evergreen on 28.05.2014 at 18:35

I hope I'm not too late, but it isn't Samwise Didier who did the cover, it's Andreas Marschall.

And please, don't kill him. He has done some amazing cover art for several bands in the 90s, and still does the covers for Orden Ogan (I really dig those too).
Ilham - 04.06.2014 at 10:30
Written by Andreas on 04.06.2014 at 09:17

Haha. As you could imagine, I do not have 20 Gs lying around waiting to be used to hire a hitman. I'd have used it on someone else anyway. I went to see what he did, and yes, he did tons of stuff that we can all recognize, but I still think it's ugly as fuck. But that's me.

News Xandria - Reveal New Album Details 7 07.01.2014 by
News Killing Joke - Reveal New Album Details, Album Teaser Online 7 09.02.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Motörhead - Reveal Details On Their New Album 7 19.07.2006 by AnarChrist