High On Fire fans rejoice because the California metallers have begun work on their new, as-yet-untitled studio album. The group has convened for writing sessions in both New Orleans, LA and Oakland with early reports indicating the band's new material to be both "epic" and "sonically huge". In addition to the new album, High On Fire has announced a handful of upcoming U.S. live dates as well as an Australian headlining tour and a European headlining trek. See the dates here.

A winter 2015 tentative release date via Century Media Records (Europe/UK) and eOne (North America) is expected for the new album, the follow-up to 2012's De Vermis Mysteriis.

"Des, Jeff and I are really getting creative and writing a hell of a new record," states Matt Pike. "It's a crazy project and I can't really explain what it's all about just yet, but we've been writing a lot of crazy intense material that will up the ante, and bring things to another level."

"Everyone is asking what the new High On Fire music sounds like," adds Kensel. "Chew on some mescaline and listen to side B of Sabbath's Master Of Reality backwards at 78 RPM and it might give you an idea."

High On Fire tour dates:

May 29 - Rock Island, IL - Rock Island Brewing Co.
May 30 - Chicago, IL - Do-Division Street Fest

09.08.2014 - Underworld, London, UK

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: High On Fire

Posted: 28.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Apothecary - 28.05.2014 at 21:08

Where's the peyote when I need it?
Machiavelli - 28.05.2014 at 21:14
Kensel is such an angry looking dude it is awesome when he speaks.
Mr. Doctor - 28.05.2014 at 21:17
I'm soooooooo there.
Lit. - 28.05.2014 at 21:31
I, too, am there.
!J.O.O.E.! - 28.05.2014 at 21:33
I can't be arsed to go to London.
SleepFan - 28.05.2014 at 21:56
YES! I hope Matt Pike is also working on that new Sleep album. I actually recently ordered the last 2 HOF albums that I don't have, so I am so ready for this!

Also, I'm going to be 20 years old in 2 weeks and that's still a year away from being allowed to see one of my favorite bands ever. They're even fucking playing in Chicago where I'm near for 3 FUCKING SHOWS! I HATE BE UNDER 21! FUCK ME!
deadone - 29.05.2014 at 02:08
I didn't dig De Vermis Mysteriis that much.

I'm hoping for a more focused effort ala Snakes For The Divine.
SleepFan - 29.05.2014 at 02:47
Written by deadone on 29.05.2014 at 02:08

I didn't dig De Vermis Mysteriis that much.

I'm hoping for a more focused effort ala Snakes For The Divine.

Yeah, Snakes for the Divine with Death is this Communion's or De Vermis Mysteriis' production would be cool. I don't think that anyone will be disappointed though, it is High On Fire.
jaydeb - 30.05.2014 at 07:31
HIGH ON FIRE AUSTRALIAN TOUR _ SUPPORTS ANNOUNCED
For the first Brisbane show on July 16 at Crowbar, prepare for the bluesy stoner jams of riff enthusiasts Shellfin who'll be taking a break from the studio to once again provide support for High on Fire. Joining them will be the mighty Smoke (Brisbane): part Sabbath, part Hendrix, all killer, all the time.
For the second Brisbane show on July 17 at Crowbar, support comes from the stoner rhythms of Lizzard Wizzard - the soundtrack to a nervous breakdown in slow motion. But first: dig on the apocalyptic fuzz of doom lords, Zodiac.
In Perth on July 18 at Rosemount Hotel, guests include the west's best purveyors of all things heavy - doom bluesmen, The Devil Rides Out. The raucous and energetic gentlemen of Scalphunter will join them, fresh off their music video launch for the track 'There Will Be Change'.
In Melbourne on July 19 at The Hi-Fi, bear witness to one of most confronting and intense bands in the country: the unrelenting, unapologetic and unforgettable High Tension. They'll share the stage with the pummelling brilliance of Horsehunter - your new favourite band.
Canberra natives, I Exist, will join High On Fire in Sydney on July 20 at The Factory Theatre - their recently released third record 'From Darkness' has all the subtlety of a kick in pants. They'll share the stage with Sydney-siders Gvrlls, whose schizophrenic, sludge-laden metal is the kind of music your mother warned you about.

News Slash - New Album Details And Tour Dates 7 27.05.2014 by Lethrokai
News Unisonic - New Album Detailed, Japanese Tour Dates 7 12.06.2014 by R Lewis
News Primal Fear - Start Working On New Album 7 24.10.2006 by Baz Anderson
News Killing Joke - To Start Working On New Album 7 20.09.2013 by Baz Anderson
News Devin Townsend - New Album Teaser, European Tour Dates 7 17.09.2014 by Olber