Megadeth released their latest album Super Collider last year but guitarist/vocalist Dave Mustaine and drummer Shawn Drover are already tracking demo ideas for the next studio record. The band has shared some photos from the studio and you can check them out here. According to the drummer's studio update, they are working on some heavy riffs.

Shawn Drover posted the following message: "Spent this week in the studio with Dave tracking demo 'ideas' for the next record - Some really heavy riffs going on here and if I say it you know its true."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 02.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

mz - 02.06.2014 at 13:11
Wow this is going to be my anticipated album.
DeathSlyzer - 02.06.2014 at 13:12
"Remember that on Metal Storm Awards 2013's Biggest Letdown category Super Collider was the winner."

And with that in mind, my expectations aren't high at all. Super Collider was such a disapointment for me. I've been a Megadeth fan for a number of years now, and I remember how satisfied I was with Endgame when that came out. Th1rt3en slowed it down considerably, and then Super Collider just destroyed it all. Dave needs to write some "smart" riffs again. It's not always the "heavy" riffs that are good.
Angelic Storm - 02.06.2014 at 14:43
I dunno if I'd say that I found Super Collider to be that much of a disappointment, seeing as I had low expectations for it before it's release. However, I was a bit surprised that it turned out to be probably the worst album the band have ever made. My expectations for the new album are very low, so I don't think it can possibly disappoint me. But hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised instead.
Hallford9000 - 02.06.2014 at 16:47
I still think that Death Magnetic beats every Megadeth release since Countdown to Extinction.
Mattybu - 02.06.2014 at 16:57
Well, after the colossal pile of shit that was Super Collider Megadeth now have the opportunity to put out a pleasantly surprising album while everyone's expectations are low. "Heavy riffs" isn't really enough to gather anything about what the new album will sound like though.
theFIST - 02.06.2014 at 19:11
Written by Mattybu on 02.06.2014 at 16:57

it might be
when i read that description i tend to think of unnecessary weight in the sound, too slow, too much low frequency compared to high frequency
Lit. - 02.06.2014 at 19:25
Written by Hallford9000 on 02.06.2014 at 16:47

The only album Death Magnetic beats is Super Collider. Otherwise It doesn't even beat Risk.
Mattybu - 02.06.2014 at 19:28
Written by theFIST on 02.06.2014 at 19:11

Written by Mattybu on 02.06.2014 at 16:57

it might be

I didn't really read into it that way. I think it's too vague of a statement to draw conclusions one way or another. If you are right though, that's probably not a good sign. Fast Megadeth is usually good Megadeth.
Angelic Storm - 02.06.2014 at 19:31
David Ellefson said prior to Super Collider's release that some of it reminded him of Killing Is My Business, so I'd take anything said by the band about it's sound before release with a huge pinch of salt.
Hallford9000 - 02.06.2014 at 21:25
Quote:

That's of course highly subjective.
Troy Killjoy - 02.06.2014 at 21:35
Death Magnetic not better than Risk? First I've heard someone with that opinion for sure.
Dr.Overkill26 - 02.06.2014 at 22:46
Power of POSITIVE THINKING! Can only hope this one will be good, perhaps megadave wished to redeem himself.
Opethian - 02.06.2014 at 23:01
Dont forget about their Epic Masterpiece Th13rteen!?!?!
deadone - 03.06.2014 at 01:28
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.06.2014 at 14:43

You like Risk? What about the World Needs A Hero? Or even some of the near cringe worthy moments of Cryptic Writings?

Personally I didn't think it was that bad.

I am looking forward to this one.
Angelic Storm - 03.06.2014 at 01:58
Written by deadone on 03.06.2014 at 01:28

I prefer all of those albums to "Super Collider". "Risk", and especially "World Needs A Hero" are weak albums, but I like more songs on those albums, than I do on "Super Collider". And Cryptic is far superior.
deadone - 03.06.2014 at 02:04
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.06.2014 at 01:58

Written by deadone on 03.06.2014 at 01:28

Fair enough.

I hate Risk with an absolute passion - only Deth album I don't own (sold it after 2 weeks). It's the equivalent of listening to someone strangle a cat.

WNAH is weak and too gutless sounding but there's a couple of decent songs.
Angelic Storm - 03.06.2014 at 11:34
Written by deadone on 03.06.2014 at 02:04
Fair enough.

WNAH is weak and too gutless sounding but there's a couple of decent songs.

When I first heard "Risk" I was totally shocked, but as I'm not averse to some mainstream sounding rock, once I got over the initial shock, I found that I actually liked some of the songs on it. I was able to divorce the name Megadeth from "once mighty thrash band", and so I could simply enjoy the album for what it was. Many people can't divorce Megadeth from that moniker though. At least Marty Friedman and Bud Prager know how to craft catchy tunes, the mainstream stuff on "Super Collider" just falls flat in comparison.

WNAH is a weak album. Not every song is rubbish, but overall, it's a pretty poor album.
Big-Al - 05.06.2014 at 07:45
As long as it's better than united abominations...
deadone - 05.06.2014 at 07:48
Written by Big-Al on 05.06.2014 at 07:45

As long as it's better than united abominations...

I like that one a lot. Washington is Next is one of my fave Megadeth songs.
Angelic Storm - 05.06.2014 at 14:28
Compared with "Super Collider", UA is a very good album, but it's noticeably weaker than it's immediate predecessor "The System Has Failed" though.
deadone - 06.06.2014 at 03:13
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.06.2014 at 14:28

UA (...is) noticeably weaker than it's immediate predecessor "The System Has Failed" though.

I actually feel it's the other way around. Opinions and all that jazz!

News Megadeth - New Song Available For Download 6 08.07.2009 by Jeff