The new Mastodon track is here. It is called "Chimes At Midnight" from their new album Once More 'Round The Sun, which the band had already teased before. Well, now you can listen to the whole new 5-minute song right here through the YouTube clip below.

Are you pleased with the song?

The new album is due out on the 24th of June on Reprise Records. Also, you can still stream the first single "High Road" here.

[Also thanks to toxx for sending in this news!]

Source: mastodonrocks.com
Band profile: Mastodon

Posted: 03.06.2014 by deadone

Comments

Ace Frawley - 03.06.2014 at 13:35
Good stuff. They are on top of their game these guys. Less catchy than "High Road" but brilliant in a different way. Love both songs and very much looking forward to the full album.
!J.O.O.E.! - 03.06.2014 at 14:14
Meh, better than the last track but fairly uninspired all the same.
sepultura13 - 03.06.2014 at 15:17
Average,high road is better imo.
Orangutoad - 03.06.2014 at 15:55
Not bad, but not great either.
Troy Killjoy - 03.06.2014 at 17:27
So is there going to be an instrumental version of this or do I have to cringe throughout the majority of the album. These vocals are killing me and the music isn't exactly making up for it.

I remember when I used to look forward to new Mastodon material... but that was practically a lifetime ago it seems.
Apothecary - 03.06.2014 at 18:02
>Came to see what people had to complain about this morning
>Was not disappointed
Sword_Chant - 03.06.2014 at 19:48
Not sure what I think of it yet, then again, most of Mastodon's songs are growers for me.
BlueMobius - 03.06.2014 at 21:37
Written by Apothecary on 03.06.2014 at 18:02

>Came to see what people had to complain about this morning
>Was not disappointed

Was not disappointed with the complaints or the track?
Apothecary - 03.06.2014 at 21:43
Written by BlueMobius on 03.06.2014 at 21:37

Was not disappointed with the complaints or the track?

Both
snake? snaaaake! - 03.06.2014 at 22:53
That video really doesnt fit the music. This song could have been so much more.
sbuswell - 03.06.2014 at 23:14
This should be their album cover. I like it a lot more.
!J.O.O.E.! - 03.06.2014 at 23:15
Written by sbuswell on 03.06.2014 at 23:14

This should be their album cover. I like it a lot more.

Yeah it's a lot better for sure.
Necrodamus - 03.06.2014 at 23:54
Awesome song, it was great live too...
BlueMobius - 04.06.2014 at 00:17
Written by snake? snaaaake! on 03.06.2014 at 22:53

That video really doesnt fit the music. This song could have been so much more.

I wouldn't really call it a video in the sense of a music video, consider it more of a lyric video without the lyrics, ie an excuse to place the song on a video site for promotional purposes without having a real "music video." The imagery in this is just the album artwork being manipulated.
Machiavelli - 04.06.2014 at 00:42
Ugh. This might be the first Mastodon song I don't like.
deadone - 04.06.2014 at 01:25
I've not liked much Mastodon since the first two phenomenal albums.

But this song worked well for me. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.
Dr.Overkill26 - 04.06.2014 at 06:07
This sounds much Better than High Road to me. The vocals could certainly be much more aggressive.
Glasir - 04.06.2014 at 06:45
Did not like High Road at all, but this is just swell.
musclassia - 04.06.2014 at 13:16
The vocals have definitely sounded a bit strange on the two tracks released so far, which is weird cos even though they've struggled live, I've always enjoyed the vocals on album. The song is decent - feels like a mix between The Hunter's relative simplicity but Blood Mountain's sound. Can't see it becoming a classic track - I think the base of the song is solid but it doesn't necessarily have anything to stand out (which High Road did during the instrumental break, even though its chorus is a bit suspect). Kinda feel the same way about this as the new Opeth track - enjoyable and if I'm listening to the whole album it'll be a good fun album song, but hoping there's at least a couple of stronger standouts on this album (like The Hunter had Black Tongue, Octopus Has No Friends and Dry Bone Valley). I've just been listening to Mastodon too much recently reminding myself just how brilliant they've been until now, so hoping they don't disappoint with this one.
Schnabeltier 24 - 04.06.2014 at 22:07
Yeah, better than the last one, for sure.
I am impatient to see how it will be live !
afu - 06.06.2014 at 02:42
I love Mastodon. That said, this song sucks. I like High Road and I still have high hopes for the new album. The riffs just don't flow and the verse sounds like it should move; like the notes of that chord should move to another chord or two and resolve in some fashion. If they were going for a modal vibe, they didn't nail that either. Hmm. I sure am bitchy today.

News Mastodon - New DVD Details, Trailer Online 7.5 11.02.2011 by JD
News Quo Vadis - New Track Online 5.5 25.10.2008 by Derelict Earth
News Bilocate - New Album Details, New Track Online 5.5 24.04.2008 by Muhannad Saleh
News Aeternam - New Track Streaming Online, Unveil New Album Artwork 5.5 11.06.2012 by
News SIC - New Track Online 5.5 01.08.2010 by Black Conundrum