In case you didn't know, Body Count, led by Ice-T, are returning this year with a new album called Manslaughter, due out on June 10th via Sumerian Records. The group will also appear on this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. In anticipation of both, Body Count have recently premiered the song "Bitch In The Pit" off their new record. Check it out below and let us know what you think about it.

"Most of the inspiration for my records is that I plan on singing them onstage," says Ice-T. "So I try to think of things that the crowd is going though or I'm going though. Every time we do a show, you're always staring at that mosh pit and there's usually that one girl in there or a couple of girls in the middle of the mosh pit and they're very interesting. So I was thinking this is a way I could dedicate a record to the girls that go to the rock concerts and go hard. It never fails. It's kinda like a true story. It's an homage to the girls that really get in the mosh pit with the guys."

You can pre-order the album over here.

Source: sumerianrecords.com
Band profile: Body Count

Posted: 06.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

s_t_s - 06.06.2014 at 11:59
WTF is Bodycount doing here at Metalstorm ? To me this is only some lame rap sh*t
Absak - 06.06.2014 at 15:54
Written by s_t_s on 06.06.2014 at 11:59

Uhhh, it's crossover thrash dude.
Orangutoad - 06.06.2014 at 19:17
I don't like rap either, and usually prefer that it stays out of my metal (although I am guilty of being a big fan of Faith No More, Disturbed, and Mushroomhead), but I respect Body Count because they are black guys embracing thrash metal when most black guys hate it. Also for Ice-T who has had a taste of being a big time TV actor and yet stays hard core never forgetting where he came from.

As for their music, it's just OK at best, but I did listen to their first album when I was in high school and still have fond memories.
Big-Al - 06.06.2014 at 20:40
Oh boy.

So, when do we get Bon Jovi & Limp Bizkit on Metalstorm please?!?!?
Big-Al - 06.06.2014 at 20:40
... & Meatloaf.
Big-Al - 06.06.2014 at 20:41
+ Boston.
D.T. Metal - 07.06.2014 at 03:34
Written by Big-Al on 06.06.2014 at 20:40

Oh boy.

So, when do we get Bon Jovi & Limp Bizkit on Metalstorm please?!?!?

Dude, did you EVEN listen to Body Count? Just because it's Ice-T doesn't mean it's rap. The track posted is harder than some of the stuff on here. Don't hate just because you don't like the players
Lit. - 07.06.2014 at 04:22
Nevertheless, I second all those band suggestions.
Big-Al - 07.06.2014 at 10:51
Written by Big-Al on 07.06.2014 at 10:50

Written by D.T. Metal on 07.06.2014 at 03:34

Don't hate just because you don't like the players

LOL

Nah, I don't "hate" Body Count.

But, "oh boy, they're active again" with a less than thrilled tone never the less.

Better Body Count than say... anything by Linea 77 or another Lulu.

(...And I seriously would like to see Limp Bizkit, Bon Jovi, Boston & Meatloaf on metalstorm!)
sordid - 11.06.2014 at 01:50
The hardcore [racist remark deleted]!i respect this guys and their sound it's ok. it's not enough just to be "heavy" to get a place on metalstorm, i think, but they deserve it because their crossover was a mark in those days. don't be haters,guys. and no...i am not a [racist remark deleted]
Troy Killjoy - 11.06.2014 at 04:14
Written by s_t_s on 06.06.2014 at 11:59

Your ignorance is showing.
Troy Killjoy - 11.06.2014 at 04:16
Written by sordid on 11.06.2014 at 01:50
[racist remarks deleted]

Please refrain from using derogatory terms here.
s_t_s - 11.06.2014 at 14:40
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.06.2014 at 04:14

Written by s_t_s on 06.06.2014 at 11:59

Your ignorance is showing.

Sorry My Lord but been listening to several tracks as this music is some kind of rap, maybe with some riffs but then say that Linking Park is metal as well ? To be honest, there are bands I like to listen to but which sometimes have the (imho) very bad idea to add a rap touch in a track like Fear Factory did with "Back the f*ck up" in Digimortal for instance. And I really cannot stand rap. Listen to what you want to listen to, but I thought Metalstorm was about... metal. And this is not

At least I agree with myself and sorry for being a f*cking ignorant
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.06.2014 at 14:45
Body Count IS metal. By saying it isn't you're not only ignorant but also show that you're deaf.
Troy Killjoy - 11.06.2014 at 15:52
Written by s_t_s on 11.06.2014 at 14:40

At least I agree with myself and sorry for being a f*cking ignorant

First of all it needs to be pointed out to you and quite a few other users that Metal Storm is not strictly limited to metal bands. While the database is primarily made up of metal bands, we also tend to give exposure to other projects that might interest the more open-minded users here. This isn't Metal Archives. Body Count is both historically relevant and musically relevant and deserves a place on this site more than a good portion of some bands we feature here.

And secondly, your dislike of rap-based or rap-influenced metal is a matter of personal opinion. I'm not arguing against your taste in music since it's all a matter of subjectivity. All I'm saying is that when it comes to bands like this, there is really no reason to get upset about their place on the site.
s_t_s - 11.06.2014 at 16:25
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.06.2014 at 15:52

Written by s_t_s on 11.06.2014 at 14:40

At least I agree with myself and sorry for being a f*cking ignorant

You right, I was so upset that it kept me awake all night long, erm indeed nope Well, then my mistake as I clearly thought Metalstorm was about metal Just let me know when you start reviewing hip hop or mainstream so that I can close my account
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.06.2014 at 16:28
Written by s_t_s on 11.06.2014 at 16:25

You'd better close your account because there are reviews of Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Metallica and more such mainstream bands on the site
Angelic Storm - 11.06.2014 at 16:45
When I first joined MS, Body Count weren't on the site. I remember recommending them to be added in a thread asking for people to name bands they thought should be added to MS. So s_t_s can blame me for helping to instigate their inclusion here.

And yes, they are definitely metal.
Troy Killjoy - 11.06.2014 at 18:39
Written by s_t_s on 11.06.2014 at 16:25

In addition to the bands Marcel pointed out, we've also published official reviews for Journey, Anathema, Current 93, Killing Joke, Eklipse, and Amaranthe to name a few. Plenty of non-metal reviews right there, so feel free to delete your account any time.
M C Vice - 12.06.2014 at 10:29
I take it s_t_s thinks rap and metal are mutually exclusive?
Marcel Hubregtse - 12.06.2014 at 10:31
Written by M C Vice on 12.06.2014 at 10:29

I take it s_t_s thinks rap and metal are mutually exclusive?

Apparently ;-)
s_t_s - 12.06.2014 at 10:49
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.06.2014 at 16:45

And yes, they are definitely metal.

Metal or not metal, that is the question !

Ok, I truly dislike rap as you may have understood and thought Metalstorm was 100% about metal. My mistake ! But I love this place and the huge work done by the many contributors so I guess I can survive to this (and if not, then good news for you as I will never bore you again !
deadone - 16.06.2014 at 03:23
Well fuck me dead with a swizzle stick.

Body Count is more heavy fucking metal than Within Temptation or Alcest's latest one or recent Opeth releases or whatever. The attitude displayed is more heavy fucking metal than the dull as batshit Insomnium crap people harp on about or indeed a lot of metal being harped on these days which is tepid, monotonous, gutless crap that makes Motley Crue sound positively brutal.

And I certainly don't like rap or hip hop.

---Back on topic.

I really like the track. Very tasty crossover thrash meets groove metal.

Love the guitar sound and Ice T's delivery is spot on.

News Wolves In The Throne Room - New Song Streaming Online 7 15.08.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News My Dying Bride - New Song Streaming Online 7 04.10.2012 by Bad English
News Denial Of God - New Song Streaming Online 7 23.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Amorphis - Another New Song Streaming Online 7 05.04.2013 by flames23
News Lay Down Rotten - New Song Streaming Online 7 05.01.2014 by RottingDeathHead