According to blabbermouth, Bay Area thrash legends Exodus have parted ways with vocalist Rob Dukes and brought Steve Souza back into the fold.

Guitarist Gary Holt made the following statement on the issue:

"As a band, we all had to make a very difficult choice to part ways with Rob Dukes. We have nothing but love and admiration for him and the deepest gratitude for the hard work he has put in and the great work on some killer records. But at this time, Tom, Lee, Jack and myself thought a change was necessary and the unanimous choice going forward was to welcome back Steve Souza to the fold!"

Steve "Zetro" Souza added:

"I spent a great part of my life with Exodus. That blood flows through me, and even not being in the band for the past 10 years, you can't erase that chemistry. I'm very excited!"

Zetro's other band Hatriot has also confirmed that he will do double duty and continue in the band as well.

Steve Souza

Picture taken from Hatriot's Facebook page

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Exodus

Posted: 08.06.2014 by D.T. Metal

Comments

Amatsu Mikaboshi - 08.06.2014 at 22:12
WOW!
Truemetaljope - 08.06.2014 at 22:15
Yeah baby
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.06.2014 at 22:16
Tempo of the Damned Part II, please.
Angelic Storm - 08.06.2014 at 22:20
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.06.2014 at 22:16

Tempo of the Damned Part II, please.

We can only hope! That album is probably the best thrash album of the modern era...
Maco - 08.06.2014 at 22:23
YES YES YES!
!J.O.O.E.! - 08.06.2014 at 22:24
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.06.2014 at 22:20

Definitely.
RavenEffect - 08.06.2014 at 22:29
I feel bad for Dukes but Exodus needs a singer that doesnt sound like pretty much every Thrashcore band out there
Freaktard - 08.06.2014 at 22:42
Holy shit. I never would have expected that. What happened? Dukes really seemed like "The Exodus Frontman", and that he wasn't going anywhere.
EnigmaLake - 08.06.2014 at 22:45
Damn, was hoping they'd get someone who mumbled incoherently with a back alley attitude, wore Seinfeld sneakers and a vest with cut off sleeves
Lit. - 08.06.2014 at 22:46
*Runs screaming into the street*
SBGMetal - 08.06.2014 at 23:19
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk yeaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fav thrash vocalists for sure
demon76 - 08.06.2014 at 23:19
Yessss, dreams come true
John Shock - 08.06.2014 at 23:51
Well, i like both soooo much, so it's difficult to opine against this!!!
Damn...well...welcome back Zetro!
So long Dukes, i will miss you on Exodus!!!
BitterCOld - 09.06.2014 at 00:27
Liked Dukes, but having seen them with both, I prefer Zetro. looking forward to their next release.
Mattybu - 09.06.2014 at 00:43
Well, I would say that's a welcome change, although both are fine for me. There really isn't much I would do to improve Exodus on record other than trimming the fat, and I don't know if the vocalist really has much of an effect on that aspect of an album.
Necrodamus - 09.06.2014 at 01:05
Amazing news! Zetro is quite possibly my favorite thrash vocalist. Can't wait to hear their new material.
DeathSlyzer - 09.06.2014 at 01:30
Wooooooow! Damn... I didn't expect that. I thought Dukes was a fine frontman, but I do believe Zetro has more character, and I'm extremely happy to see him back in Exodus again!

We did get "Dawn of A New Centurion" by Hatriot this year, and that album does remind me slightly of Tempo of The Damned, so we can allow ourselves to have some expectations already!
-Morbid- - 09.06.2014 at 01:37
Considering he was fired for being a douche last time, I'm surprised to see this.

For those who don't remember: http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=847
Mattybu - 09.06.2014 at 01:52
Written by -Morbid- on 09.06.2014 at 01:37

lol wat, "I hate him more than any human being on the Earth" somehow turns into "welcome back to the fold!"
Angelic Storm - 09.06.2014 at 01:54
Zetro made peace with Gary years ago, so that's all water under the bridge now. Zetro admitted he handled that situation badly, and apologized for it. So I don't see this as being so surprising!
Nemo Atkins - 09.06.2014 at 03:09
At the risk of being the party pooper, let's remember that the next Exodus album was written with Dukes' voice in mind. So, unless Holt had been writing that album with a focus on writing thrash metal (which he might have done: not been keeping track of Exodus interviews recently), we're likely to get something like the two Atrocity Exhibit albums, just with Zetro on vocals.

Don't start expecting the next Exodus album to be a return to what the band did Tempo Of The Damned, is all I'm saying...
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 09.06.2014 at 03:14
I remember hearing a webcast yyyyyyyyyyyyears ago that had Rob saying he preferred Steve to himself, that's all. Rob's stuff was more all aggression instead of Steve's' tongue-in-cheek type of kicking riff by riff songs...
Doomhammer - 09.06.2014 at 04:00
Everytime I try to read the news I stop after the first sentence, because all I hear in my head is:

EVERYBODY'S DOIN' THE TOXIC WALTZ,
KICK YOUR FRIEND IN THE HEAD AND HAVE A BALL...
sbuswell - 09.06.2014 at 05:04
I liked Dukes a lot and actually prefer him over Souza. I like Souza too and love Exodus so either way I'm buying their shit. I don't think Dukes sounded generic at all. His voice was distinguishable to me.
exomorphyx89 - 09.06.2014 at 08:12
Exodus with Dukes was just another thrash band... but Exodus with Zetro is the BEST fuckin' thrash band alive! Welcome back Zetro!
Angelic Storm - 09.06.2014 at 08:40
Written by Nemo Atkins on 09.06.2014 at 03:09

Not necessarily. I'd be surprised if this was a spur of the moment decision on Gary's part. It's likely that he's been contemplating getting Zetro back in the band for a while now, and thinks that Zetro's voice would go perfectly with the new material.
demonseed - 09.06.2014 at 10:55
Great news! couldn't stand that guy...
RavenEffect - 09.06.2014 at 11:24
They're not getting any yonger so..I think it was more like this.
errorcode99 - 09.06.2014 at 12:20
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait!
Apothecary - 09.06.2014 at 17:28
Awesome news, Dukes' voice was always too raspy for me anyway
Thrash del Sur - 09.06.2014 at 18:35
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.06.2014 at 22:20

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.06.2014 at 22:16

Tempo of the Damned Part II, please.

Yes, I think so too! lml
Thrash del Sur - 09.06.2014 at 18:37
YEAAHHHHHHHH!!!
Misfit74 - 10.06.2014 at 08:27
STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA To Begin Recording Vocals For New EXODUS Album This Week

Dangerboner - 10.06.2014 at 10:52
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.06.2014 at 22:20

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.06.2014 at 22:16

Tempo of the Damned Part II, please.

Gotta disagree. While I think it is a great record, it becomes a little monotonous after the first few tracks because they're all pretty much the same pace.
Cynic Metalhead - 10.06.2014 at 18:00
Eh, Has Dangerboner returned to MS? Or Am I seeing him here after long time?

Anyway, it's a great news to see Zetro is back. We should now look forward to see new record from their side.
God Buster 鬼 - 12.06.2014 at 09:18
It's a great news to see someone (Zetro) is still interested to create boredom for metal fans...
I had enough ! I only listened to their early works.
Metal George - 12.06.2014 at 10:00
When I saw Exodus live Dukes impersonated Zetro's voice perfectly which is raspy. i don't get this decision at all. Dukes did seem tired near the end of the set.
Timelord - 21.06.2014 at 02:09
I guess Gary Holt had a change of heart. He said that he never again work with Zetro. To my understanding in was because Zetro flaked out of some gig(s) in Mexico. I grabbed a bite to eat with Steve,Tom and Rick when they played a surprise gig on the 'Tempo of the Damned" tour. I could tell all was not well as Gary barely spoke to anybody and Zetro was talking about getting back to work doing construction because he was a foreman or some shit. I have to say Zetro was the coolest out of the band with Tom and Rick a close second. No comment on Gary though. I tried to be myself cracking jokes about the 80's and the spandex Gary had on in the first Combat Tour VHS. He wasn't in the least bit friendly which left a very sour aftertaste with me. I wonder what the REAL reason could be for re-hiring Steve? I hope it all works out and the band gets energized with some new material.
Novas - 21.06.2014 at 23:55
Yes! Been waiting for this day! Zetro is one of my favorite thrash vocalists (esp, 'Tempo'). Maybe they had enough of Dukes' drinking issues.. Granted, Dukes did a great job on 'Exhibit B'

News Soilwork - Parts Ways With Guitarist Ola Frenning 4 13.02.2008 by b0000mst1ck
News Primal Fear - Re-Sign With Nuclear Blast; New 'Best Of' On The Way 4 06.06.2006 by Baz Anderson
News Impaled Nazarene - Parts Ways With Guitarist, Announced Replacement 4 20.06.2007 by APOHAKC
News Ancient Rites - Parts Ways With Guitarist 4 15.02.2007 by Daru Jericho