Today is your lucky day, Septicflesh fans. Why? Because the Greek's new album Titan is currently available to stream online and in its entirety right now. While the album's official release only happens on June 24th in North America via Prosthetic Records and June 20th in Europe on Season Of Mist, you can hear it all now. Don't miss out on the opportunity to listen to the album here or over here, among other options.

After listening to Titan, tell us what you think about it. Are you pleased with the end result?

Tracks:

Comments

BloodJuNkie - 10.06.2014 at 18:14
Listening to it!!!!!!
Northern Danger - 10.06.2014 at 18:17
Groundbreaking as always...
BloodJuNkie - 10.06.2014 at 18:55
Definitely album of the year!
xen - 10.06.2014 at 19:36
Picks up at Dogma which Is probably the best song on the album IMO other than that it is pretty average
popmik - 10.06.2014 at 19:37
God damn, Prometheus is such a good song oo however, there seem to be some weaker tracks on this on unfortunately :/
LascaillesShroud - 10.06.2014 at 19:53
Kind of underwhelming, good songwriting, good production, but it will be a pass for me.
God Alone - 10.06.2014 at 19:57
Some moments of greatness (and just thanks to the orchestra, tbh) in a sea of mediocrity. Expertly crafted and powerful as usual, but aside from that, it sounds pretty weak/average sympho-death to me. Burn is terrible.
Sheol - 10.06.2014 at 20:07
Definitely a favorite release of the year! Been looking forward to this for a long time, and finally it's here!
garmling - 10.06.2014 at 20:54
This is not an easy listening...at first, I thought it is underwhelming, mediocre to be honest, but after 15+ times of going through it (listening since yesterday) I finally started to dig this....give it more time to grow on you...I like it a lot now!
Only minus goes for weak drum sound...
Malphas - 10.06.2014 at 21:08
I have to admit my expectations were higher...it's still a fine album but i found it to be kind of worse than "The Great Mass". On the other hand, this was only 1 listen so after a more thorough inspection my opinion might change . Still, the first impression is nothing special
LeKiwi - 10.06.2014 at 21:49
For Septicflesh, this is slightly disappointing. Regardless, this is still a good album - maybe a high 7 at this point for me. The album gets better after a few tracks.
AngelofDeth - 10.06.2014 at 22:17
Not liking it, even a bigger step down from Great Mass.

It seems that they've mostly abandoned melody and replaced it with shitty dissonant drum driven orchestral 'metal'.
LeKiwi - 10.06.2014 at 22:37
Written by AngelofDeth on 10.06.2014 at 22:17

...abandoned melody...

^ this...
MaiSweettShaadow - 10.06.2014 at 23:49
MasterPiece , Holy fuck this is immense
BloodJuNkie - 11.06.2014 at 01:39
Written by AngelofDeth on 10.06.2014 at 22:17

Not liking it, ....................
.....................................and replaced it with shitty dissonant drum driven orchestral 'metal'.

I think you need to give it more listens to like it to get used to that different style, unless you don't appreciate symphonic elements that much in general!
Rulatore - 11.06.2014 at 01:44
It's like they don't need guitars. God, how I hate the sound of the guitar, and the same happened previously.

It's not a total fail, it has some good songs, but mostly fillers, it could've been a lot better. I mean, they had it all, the hype, the budget...

And fuck Sotiris, jesus, he ruined the last song, the children choir sounded so good and then his annoying voice right after it
Rulatore - 11.06.2014 at 03:06
Written by Shinkirō on 11.06.2014 at 02:44

Written by Rulatore on 11.06.2014 at 01:44

'hype and budget' get you right around.. 5% of the way of making a great album

haha, I mean, it gets a lot easier (at least I think), it might make them a little bit more confident about what they are going to release, they can explore a bit more.

I might be wrong and it doesn't make sense to another people
AngelofDeth - 11.06.2014 at 05:33
Written by BloodJuNkie on 11.06.2014 at 01:39

Symphonic metal is my favorite type of music and I listen to everything from Carach Angren(on the heavier side) to Tuomas Holpainan's solo effort(which isn't even metal) so I don't think that's the problem. The problem is the song's don't have any melody or direction and everything is borderline dissonant, Seth Siro's orchestral side project Chaostar has all these same problems, it looks like that it just finally bled through into Septic. If I listen to a whole album and can't recall at least one stand out segment that's a problem in my book, maybe not for others but that's just my taste in music. I had the same problem with Great Mass and the more I listen to that album the less I like it.
Panzerfrost - 11.06.2014 at 08:04
Damn!!! What an amazing album!!! I've already listened to it for five times and I can't get enough!!! A magnificent work!!!:banger2:
Hex_Omega - 11.06.2014 at 09:52
What's wrong with guitar sound or drums? Nothing in my opinion. Production is very good. But yeah, no good melodies here. This is definitely Orchestral Metal. Ok album but The Great Mass is better.
Vombatus - 11.06.2014 at 17:14
These guys are starting to remind me of Dimmu Borgir, in a bad way. Drown everything under orchestrals and be sure to overproduce everything... A pity, their old stuff was very good.
Super_Greg - 11.06.2014 at 18:12
I don't know if I just have crappy speakers, but I can barely hear the tone of the guitar. Drums and orchestra overwhelm everything for me
The Paul - 11.06.2014 at 18:33
Sure, not as good as The Great Mass but still excellent. It differs from the last release which is a good think i guess cause they didnt quite repeat themselves. I hope they will continue this spree of great releases in the coming future
LeKiwi - 11.06.2014 at 19:32
Written by AngelofDeth on 11.06.2014 at 05:33

^ this
AngelofDeth - 11.06.2014 at 23:08
Written by LeKiwi on 11.06.2014 at 19:32

^ this

haha thanks x2

Written by Super_Greg on 11.06.2014 at 18:12

I got pretty decent speakers on my comp and the guitars sound really bad on here as well, think it's a performance/production problem.
hidden_ninja - 12.06.2014 at 09:30
As with their previous albums, it get's better and better every cycle of listening to it!!!

Without a doubt my favorite album of the year! Solid 10/10!
garmling - 12.06.2014 at 13:38
Written by hidden_ninja on 12.06.2014 at 09:30

Without a doubt my favorite album of the year! Solid 10/10!

Absolutely agree with you on this! Listening it at work non-stop since early morning and it fucking destroys!
s_t_s - 12.06.2014 at 16:39
Written by AngelofDeth on 11.06.2014 at 05:33

Written by BloodJuNkie on 11.06.2014 at 01:39

Haven't listened to the full album yet but will take time tonight to do it. I agree with you that on the first listening at least one track should stay on your mind but I don't agree when you quote The Great Mass on the same purpose. From "the vampire of Nazareth" to "Theriantrophy", all tracks are recognizable and different. So this is not a right example

Update : now that I've fully listened to it once (but it's gonna need a bit more spins), I have to add that Order of Dracul is my current favorite. The whole album sounds nice, yet not as impressive as The Great Mass.
LeKiwi - 13.06.2014 at 19:44
Written by s_t_s on 12.06.2014 at 16:39

Perhaps that would be the case if you listened to it obsessively, but from one listen it sounded like a cluster of identical lackluster tracks. It only took one listen of Communion to amaze me.
garmling - 13.06.2014 at 20:25
Written by LeKiwi on 13.06.2014 at 19:44

Written by s_t_s on 12.06.2014 at 16:39

If you're judging an album after a single listening, then you're definitely missing a lot! but that's your problem...the point is, the best albums are not always easy to "digest"...they need time to grow on you! And saying that "The Great Mass" is a bunch of identical tracks is just insulting for the brain! Now go ahead and listen to "Therianthropy" and after that "Mad Architect" and than tell me that those are almost the same songs...please, do not write such bullshit!
LeKiwi - 13.06.2014 at 20:53
Written by garmling on 13.06.2014 at 20:25

Up until this point, my some of my favourite albums have been those that required only one listen to fully appreciate and they are indeed complex albums: Dissona's self-titled, Omb's Swinesong, Leprous' Bilateral...some people are able to judge an album from one listen. Perhaps not identical, but there were hardly any moments worthy of mention in the entire album. "Therianthropy" is probably the worst track I've ever heard from Septicflesh, so it doesn't matter if it's one that stands out in the album. "Oceans Of Grey" was the one track that matched the glory of Communion.
garmling - 14.06.2014 at 14:33
Written by LeKiwi on 13.06.2014 at 20:53

Written by garmling on 13.06.2014 at 20:25

Only for you my friend...for example, "The Great Mass" amazed me after first listen, while I almost hated "Titan" after first listen, but then, after a few listens (10 I guess) it suddenly clicked and now I like it even more then "The Great Mass".....Yeah I know some albums can be good from the start (even complex ones), but some need time to enter you ears in a right way... Never judge an album (especially from such good band like Septicflesh) after first few listening attempts, give it more time, it can surprise you! Happens to me all the time....this is the second time this year, the first was with new Behemoth which I didn't like after first listen, but now it fucking slays imo!
s_t_s - 14.06.2014 at 18:18
Written by garmling on 14.06.2014 at 14:33

Guess I've been listening to the whole album 3 time at least by now and it's growing fast ! Unlike some of you I like the clean vocals of Sotiris and "Burn" or "The first immortal" shows that his singing is (and has long time been) a part of Septicflesh. I also love the orchestra part which seem to be much more complex than in The Great Mass. Take any track and you will be amazed to spot the many changes !

About septicflesh : I love this band since the 90s and they have never disappointed me. Maybe I would say that their next album should maybe take some distance with the 3 last because then it would be very hard for them to create something not heard before.

Regarding "love at the first spin" : I agree and disagree. There are some albums I've loved from the very start like "Mechanize" by Fear Factory or "Ylem" by Dark Fortress (among the most recent) while some others really needed time like "Construct" by Dark Tranquillity or "Die Without Hope" by Carnifex. It doesn't mean that easily loved albums are not complex, guess it depends on the people out there (oh and "The Satanist" by Behemoth which disappointed me at first and now sounds almost flawless !)
LeKiwi - 16.06.2014 at 02:56
Written by s_t_s on 14.06.2014 at 18:18

There's significant gap in performance from his vocals on this album to Communion...just listen to these tracks and tell me that it's of the same quality...

s_t_s - 16.06.2014 at 15:43
Written by LeKiwi on 16.06.2014 at 02:56

Written by s_t_s on 14.06.2014 at 18:18

[videos]

Don't need to watch these videos, I know these tracks. You cannot say the performane is of a lower quality but surely he doesn't sing the same way. You could also point out that any time Sotiris sings in this album, it tends to sound differently (for instance see how he sings in The First Immortal).

Good thing tho is that he doesn't sing too often, then I agree that it would tend to get boring
metalgemini - 18.06.2014 at 16:00
The problem of Big bands...is when they want to change the direction, in Septicflesh case is the overused of the orchestra on the postproduction...overall was bit of let down...:-[

News Wolves In The Throne Room - Streaming Full New Album 7 02.07.2014 by Lit.
News Lord Mantis - Full New Album Streaming Online 7 26.04.2014 by -DC-002-
News Den Saakaldte - Full New Album Streaming Online 7 27.05.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Auroch - Streaming New Album In Full 7 17.06.2014 by Alex Fenger