Things are not looking good for Mnemic. The band's mastermind and founding member Mircea Gabriel Eftemie just released an update after several months of silence confirming that the band is currently on hiatus but disbanding is a possibility.

Mircea explained the situation: "It's been over 6 months since the last update, and therefore I must humbly apologize. Being the last original and founding member of Mnemic, I feel that it's my responsibility and finally time to break the silence and shed some light on the bands current situation and prospect. I am sure anyone who have been following our endeavors, listening to our music, or had some sort of a relation to Mnemic, have been wondering what's in the melting pot?

"The main reason for this update, is because wherever I have gone, I've met people who have been asking me: 'When are you playing live again? When is a new album coming out? Whats happening with the band? Why so silent? No news?'

"Well, here is a bit of background... When we started the band, we where influenced by 3 great artists, Meshuggah, Fear Factory & Strapping Young Lad (plus everything else Devin touched). We had a common artistic vision for the sound and look and a common goal when composing. We where all able to communicate musically on the same level, as we all contributed with our personal signature to the greater vision. Luckily and fortunately we ended up releasing albums on a great and big label, touring 4-5 continents, and even ended up touring and making friends with the bands that influenced us and hey, even Metallica asked us out! Something most bands only dream of nowadays - call us extremely f**ing lucky. Fact is, people and situations change, and going through multiple line-up changes, not being able to generate an income from music and struggling to survive, so did the vision change.

"I will never be bankrupt on creativity but my personal taste in music has also changed over the years. I am not interested in sparkling clean productions and Djenty polyrhythmic one-stringed riffing, flavored with melodic choruses. I have written this type of music for over a decade, and to put it simply, I am sick and tired of it. To be completely honest I really dislike the Djent genre, because no matter how extremely talented these musicians and bands are, no one can write a good song, and they all sound the same - at least to me. I am also pretty sure we have regressed as a band (or musicians), if some do consider us part of the Djent genre?

"In conclusive, to everyone I have met, that have been asking, and anyone else wondering, all I can say is that there are no shows planned, no new music or a new album in the making. Why? Because there is no artistic vision any longer, and my heart is no longer into this music. I hunger for raw power, simplicity, and good songs. That is also why I thrive in a new formation called BLOOD EAGLE - check it out, it's death metal, it sounds nothing like Mnemic.

"It's a dynamic world and change is the only constant, if you do not continue to innovate or shift out, you will be out of the game. In other words, so is Mnemic, therefore this is either a hiatus or a break-up. Only time will tell if we will get back together with the old or new line-up to make music again.

"In the meantime I would love to hear your opinions, what you think we should do, how much we suck, how much you love us, how much you would pay us to either shut the hell up or make some new music? Thanks for reading. Mircea."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mnemic

Posted: 26.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

RavenEffect - 26.06.2014 at 21:32
About time
Troy Killjoy - 26.06.2014 at 21:44
Interesting. I always thought there was some kind of disconnect between the band and the music they wrote. Hopefully he finds some sense of enjoyment with his new project, and glad to hear how positive he is when it comes to his personal creativity. Stagnation can really have a negative impact on the brain, especially for someone who has dedicated their life to the arts.
BlackEssence - 26.06.2014 at 21:51
Meh. Nothing new.
EnigmaLake - 27.06.2014 at 00:38
First 2 albums were really quite great. Thankfully got to see the original members live. There def was a passion then.
John Shock - 27.06.2014 at 01:47
Clapping for the guy!!!
And i just "discovered" the band...
I give you my respect!!!
DoomDriver - 27.06.2014 at 11:19
Well this sucks big and hairy balls!
Syk - 27.06.2014 at 11:50
This didn't surprise me much, after having come across One Machine. Check 'em out too - same bassist as on most Mnemic albums
atrox - 27.06.2014 at 12:27
Hell yeah, more death metal from Denmark!
Bad English - 27.06.2014 at 13:38
Never liked anyhing of this bandbut since when band plays djent? why he calls djent, is band djent? sounds like nu and industrial metal to me never liked djent , have tryd ,
and those 2 bands whit Devil ups Devin ... unless its SYL I dont like it

good news,I hope band splits up ...funny Ac/Dc writes same music, never be tired, never be boring... seems only few knows what rock n roll is all about
slayerules - 27.06.2014 at 16:11
Nice if you are ''sick and tired of it'', but saying ''no one (of these musicians) can write a good song'' is a total lack of respect. And if this is your opinion, mine is that any song from Meshuggah or Animals As Leaders, to name some examples, is better than any Mnemic song...

Also, it's curious to see this guy writing about need to change and innovation and to achieve this he is playing in a death metal band, as if death metal was something brand new... I love death metal and I admit that the couple of Blood Eagle songs I've listened to sound pretty good, but there aren't close to reinvent the wheel.

News The Gathering - Bassist Quits, Band Taking Break 4 19.01.2014 by PocketMetal
News Randy Blythe - Taking A Break From The Band 4 28.01.2014 by LeKiwi
News A Million Dead Birds Laughing - Vocalist To Take Indefinite Hiatus From Band 4 12.11.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News Pelican - Guitarist Laurent Lebec Taking Indefinite Hiatus From The Band 4 27.06.2012 by BoxCar Willy
General music forum Who could make logo for a band? 3 22.12.2006 by W-Lash