The previously announced new music video from Seventh Wonder has just been released! "Inner Enemy" is the first known track from the upcoming album by the Swedish progressive metallers. The band hasn't released a new album since 2010's The Great Escape. You can watch the video below and tell us your impressions of the new song.

The band said: "We'd like to thank you all so much for your support and your patience, it really means the world to us! After waiting a long time for new Seventh Wonder music, we hope you'll be as pleased with the end result (i.e. song and video) as we are."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Seventh Wonder

Posted: 28.06.2014 by BlackEssence

Comments

Andro Maximus - 28.06.2014 at 15:21
Tommy's high notes never fail to blow me away. The song itself is alright, nothing too exciting, but nothing too disappointing either.
Dentura - 28.06.2014 at 19:16
Awesome single! Tommy is on fire as always and the band is really tight. Looking forward to the rest of the album!
Teravolt_Danny - 28.06.2014 at 21:38
Written by Guest on 28.06.2014 at 15:21

He definitely nails them and has a great timbre, but in terms of the notes, they aren't really that high compared to what a lot of prog and power metal singers can hit.
Xyanade - 28.06.2014 at 21:52
Well, this might be too radio-friendly, just hope the rest of the long-waited album can prog more. Tommy's performance is unquestionable, despite how awkward the video is made.
a MasT - 29.06.2014 at 00:29
Need more eyeliner!!!
Mechaniacal - 29.06.2014 at 01:39
I'm convinced that Tommy is the best metal vocalist in this genre right now.
Doge of Venice - 29.06.2014 at 02:14
The video was horrendously cringeworthy. However, song was quite enjoyable. Grew on me after a few listens, but I'm expecting the album to have a little more to it. However, I do notice that there are some cool little bits I hear in each new listen, which is surprising for such a short song.
Mechaniacal - 29.06.2014 at 02:45
Written by Doge of Venice on 29.06.2014 at 02:14

The video was horrendously cringeworthy.

I've never actually seen a metal video that wasn't horrendously cringeworthy. I played the song and changed tabs. Loving the song, especially on second listen.
Doge of Venice - 29.06.2014 at 03:37
Written by Mechaniacal on 29.06.2014 at 02:45

Written by Doge of Venice on 29.06.2014 at 02:14

The video was horrendously cringeworthy.

Well, Alley Cat was less so.
BlackEssence - 29.06.2014 at 09:21
Written by Mechaniacal on 29.06.2014 at 01:39

I'm convinced that Tommy is the best metal vocalist in this genre right now.

Roy Khan left the buisness so someone need to replace him.
sleipnirlovenig - 29.06.2014 at 13:16
Tell me SW didn't draw imspiration from Dream Theater's Enemy Inside for this one! Their style and name are ridiculously close. Being a huge fan of SW and been waiting for their new output for a long time, I don't think this is the right direction for them to go.
R Lewis - 29.06.2014 at 14:31
I'm so buying this album.
WorpeX - 29.06.2014 at 16:52
Nice song! Better than anything Kamelot has release recently.
EnigmaLake - 29.06.2014 at 17:25
Written by Mechaniacal on 29.06.2014 at 02:45

Written by Doge of Venice on 29.06.2014 at 02:14

The video was horrendously cringeworthy.

Darkane "Innocence Gone"
Insomnium "While We Sleep"
Etc, Etc.
EnigmaLake - 29.06.2014 at 17:27
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 28.06.2014 at 21:38

Written by Guest on 28.06.2014 at 15:21

I know right, he didn't put his balls in a vice grip and summon the mystical power of the dragon wizards.
Dentura - 03.07.2014 at 06:22
Written by sleipnirlovenig on 29.06.2014 at 13:16

I liked this a lot more than Enemy Inside to be honest. That's just me though.
Doge of Venice - 12.07.2014 at 02:27
Written by Dentura on 03.07.2014 at 06:22

Written by sleipnirlovenig on 29.06.2014 at 13:16

I liked this a lot more than Enemy Inside to be honest. That's just me though.

Nah, me as well. I'm not sure why, but while this doesn't feel exactly like the most unique song ever, it still has some awesome parts. It feels like a streamlines SW song, and it sounds more like Mercy/Wings that Great Escape, both in how upbeat it is and how it sounds.

Whereas Enemy Inside sounded like Dream Theater running out of ideas. The riff was kinda cool, but it grew old, and there wasn't much else in the song to latch onto, really.

PS this song is growing on me with every listen

News Seventh Wonder - Film New Video, New Music Coming Soon 10.5 15.06.2014 by voodoo turkey
News Seventh Wonder - Releasing New Album This Year 7.5 01.01.2013 by Italics
News MyGrain - New Music Video Released 7 14.11.2013 by Mary N.
News The Sword - New Video Released 5.5 17.11.2012 by BudDa