After confirming a string of tour dates for Europe, Scottish metallers Alestorm announced an additional set of dates. Dubbed as 'Piratefest', this tour, which encompasses countries in the United Kingdom and Ireland, will follow previously confirmed European dates. Find out about the support acts for this tour through the band's statement down under.

Alestorm commented: "Pirates of Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and England! After the crazy fun time we had performing at Sonisphere Festival, we can now announce that we will be returning to your shores in October 2014 with our very own headlining tour! It's been over 2 years since we toured the UK & Ireland, so we wanted to make this one be a wee bit special. We're calling this tour Piratefest, and we're going to be bringing some of our very favourite piratical metal bands from all over the world to party with us for 19 shows.

"Have you ever seen a grown man drink a litre of rum out of his own shoe? Direct support will come from Australia's Lagerstein, a bunch of guys we've had the pleasure of touring with a lot in the past, now in the UK & Ireland for the very first time. Expect badass piratical anthems and liver-destroying on stage antics.

"We will also be joined by Red Rum, from the not-so-distant land of Nottingham, who bring a mandolin fueled pirate party to the show. And opening up all shows will be Rainbowdragoneyes from the USA, the bizzare one-man black metal chiptune project brought to you by Eric W. Brown, otherwise known as the drummer of New Jersey pirate thrashers Swashbuckle. What a party that's gonna be!"

Alestorm - Piratefest Tour 2014:

Comments

Boxcar Willy - 09.07.2014 at 17:27
Why?
Troy Killjoy - 09.07.2014 at 17:39
Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.07.2014 at 17:27
Why?

I dunno, probably to perform in front of thousands of people, travel, get drunk and meet new people, possibly even make some money...
Boxcar Willy - 09.07.2014 at 17:45
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.07.2014 at 17:39

Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.07.2014 at 17:27
Why?

I understand how tours work, but this just doesn't seem like a smart move, are there really that many Alestrom fans out tere to make a festival/your out of it? I dunno how many neckbeards there are in Europe but here this tour would fall flat on it's face.
Troy Killjoy - 09.07.2014 at 17:51
Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.07.2014 at 17:45

They're in Metal Storm's top 150 most popular bands, they have over 200,000 unique listeners on last.fm, and their debut album almost reached 1,000 votes on RYM.

There are definitely a lot of Alestorm fans, although I can't say how many are neckbeards. I'm willing to bet they have more Captain Jack cosplayers than anything.
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.07.2014 at 17:54
Neckbeards like Alestorm? Wrong demographic, bro. This isn't Nadja we're talking about here. This is 17 year old viking / pirate wannabes.
Ozman - 09.07.2014 at 17:56
People that go to concerts wearing plastic viking heets and wearing drinking horns on them. Like Joe said not the neckbeard type of people.
Boxcar Willy - 09.07.2014 at 17:57
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.07.2014 at 17:51

Hmm, this is news to me. I don't understand why but everybody's different, I'd never waste my time with this but I guess others could.

Also major LOL at the chip tune black metal opening act. God this would be the worst show ever.
Troy Killjoy - 09.07.2014 at 18:02
Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.07.2014 at 17:57

Did you read the article or just respond to the headline? This isn't the kind of show for people who want to sit and revel in the majesty of brilliant musicianship. It's basically an excuse to dress up like a pirate and get drunk with friends while a bunch of drunken guys on stage belt out some folky power metal tunes.
Ozman - 09.07.2014 at 18:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.07.2014 at 18:02

Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.07.2014 at 17:57

It indeed is the exact same crowd those folk tours draw, they get the same kids Korpiklaani et al draw.
And my God those tours almost always sell out in Europe. Why do you think Wacken is sooo big, that's the sort of people this appeals to.
Troy Killjoy - 09.07.2014 at 18:18
Written by Ozman on 09.07.2014 at 18:14

I think Tanner let his Canadian bias take over for a minute. This kind of show may not have much appeal over here but there's quite a culture gap between Canada and the likes of Scotland, Ireland, etc.
Sword_Chant - 09.07.2014 at 19:38
I saw Alestorm live a few years ago back when they made their debut 'Captain Morgans Revenge', they went on tour with Turisas and Norther... to the guy who asked are there that many fans who would go see them, the show I went to was at full capacity and you couldn't physically fit any more people in the venue. On another note, they sound good live and in the end it was probably the most memorable gig I saw that year - a big reason was seeing how far the fans went to wear eye patches, hooks for hands, pirate hats, wooden legs and beer everywhere. That was part of the fun
Iskander - 09.07.2014 at 23:59
You guys are so full of it, with your speculation about what "kind of people" Alestorm appeals to. I saw them about a year ago and it was one of the most fun concerts I've ever been to.
deadone - 10.07.2014 at 08:44
People love this shit cause it's a lame gimmick.

Only guy I ever met who liked Alestorm in real life is a dude who doesn't like metal and prefers bag pipe music, but likes Alestorm and Korpiklaani because they're gimmicks. Similarly I know people wh don't like metal for the most part. but liked Arnocorps and Austrian Death Machine cause of the Arnie gimmick.

I do like Captain Morgan's Original Spiced rum though but think people dressing up as generic pirates with cheap plastic props is lame. In fact as lame as Cosplayers in general especially the fat, ugly ones dressed up as superheroes - how hilariously pathetic.
cossaisVendeurs - 10.07.2014 at 14:31
So they're taking Swashbuckle's drummer, but not the whole band? An Alestorm/Swashbuckle so-headline tour would be cool.
mikeprado30 - 11.07.2014 at 07:27
Written by Sword_Chant on 09.07.2014 at 19:38

There was a thing missing in the costume: the PARROT!
Sword_Chant - 11.07.2014 at 13:00
Written by mikeprado30 on 11.07.2014 at 07:27

Written by Sword_Chant on 09.07.2014 at 19:38

There was a thing missing in the costume: the PARROT!

I missed a couple more things! Hot girls dressed as wenches, a few Cutlasses... and a huge pirate ship in the middle of the mosh pit (wow, that would be insane!)
DreamingDesire - 13.08.2014 at 00:20
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.07.2014 at 18:02

This is exactly on what my girlfriend planned on doing I wanted to see Alestorm anyway!

News Alestorm - Announce UK & Ireland Tour 2012 6 23.11.2011 by Kingface
News HammerFall - European Tour In Early 2015 Confirmed 4 20.07.2014 by White Death
News Arch Enemy - 2015 Latin American Tour Confirmed 4 18.11.2014 by beerweed
News Opeth - Rehearsing With New Keyboardist, First US Tour Dates With Katatonia Confirmed 4 03.06.2011 by Tetravirulence
News Ulver - European Tour Dates Confirmed 4 19.12.2013 by God Alone