Rigor Mortis are preparing the release of their fourth and final album, 23 years after they released Rigor Mortis Vs. The Earth. So, it's quite the occasion. For now, you can take a look at the album cover below and then wait to hear new music. The record Slaves To The Grave is finished and the date is set for October 7th, 2014. All the band needs is the funding. You can help by contributing to their IndieGoGo campaign.

The money will go towards paying off the recording debt (studio, engineers, travel, mastering), as well as artwork, packaging, manufacturing, distribution, and promotion.

Illustration By Michael Broom

Tracks:

01. Poltergeist
02. Rain Of Ruin
03. Flesh For Flies
04. The Infected
05. Blood Bath
06. Ancient Horror
07. Fragrance Of Corpse
08. Curse Of The Draugr
09. Sacramentum Gladiatorum [Scaccia Instrumental]
10. Ludus Magnus (guest vocal appearance by Al Jourgensen)

Recorded in February 2012 at Ministry's 13th Planet Studios in El Paso, Texas, Slaves To The Grave returns to the original first record line-up of Mike Scaccia (who passed away in 2012) - guitars, Bruce Corbitt - vocals, Harden Harrison - drums, and Casey Orr - bass.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rigor Mortis

Posted: 15.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

exomorphyx89 - 15.07.2014 at 22:49
I like it. Very old-school feel. Love this band!
Ilham - 16.07.2014 at 04:14
I wouldn't crowd-fund to pay that cover .
deadone - 16.07.2014 at 04:27
Looks cheap and nasty and not in a good way.

Font for album title is terrible too.
Ilham - 16.07.2014 at 04:46
Well thrash is not known for the great covers. That just won't change. Like the music I guess.
deadone - 16.07.2014 at 06:14
I think it's a bad cover by Thrash standards. It has no vibe and is very generic.
Ilham - 16.07.2014 at 06:16
I thought there wer no standards in thrash when it came to covers haha.
deadone - 16.07.2014 at 06:30
Written by Ilham on 16.07.2014 at 06:16

I thought there wer no standards in thrash when it came to covers haha.

Dang woman, Thrash is the epitome of high art. We even had a (former) Thrash band have jizz on as a cover. Nothing is as high art as a man's jizz on a CD cover.
Ilham - 16.07.2014 at 06:36
Written by deadone on 16.07.2014 at 06:30

Yeah I forgot thrashers were also known fro their taste for the finest things in life.
deadone - 16.07.2014 at 06:41
Written by Ilham on 16.07.2014 at 06:36

Course they do. Did you see the art ol' Lars was flogging off in Some Kind Of Monster? So awesome, so fine, so sophisticated my niece and nephew could paint to that standard when they were 3 years of age.

Or those happy pants worn by Anthrax - they wore those as a metaphor as to what it is to be a grade school teacher in a consumer society where educational value is replaced by obsession with mindless fame and fortune at the expense of one's grandmother's mental health. Duh.

And don't forget the jizz.

As for Rigor Mortis - meh, fucking meh...
Ilham - 16.07.2014 at 06:50
Written by deadone on 16.07.2014 at 06:41

jizz.

You had me at jizz really. Jizz is art. I studied art and contemporary art for seven years. That's what I got from it. Use bodily fluids. I'm sure this cover would look better with some jizz on it. Everything looks better with jizz on it.

I said the word jizz too many times.
deadone - 16.07.2014 at 06:59
Written by Ilham on 16.07.2014 at 06:50

Written by deadone on 16.07.2014 at 06:41

jizz.

I said the word jizz too many times.

You can never say jizz too many times.

Most messed up modern art using bodily fluids I saw was some wierd "sculpture" that was transparent plastic melted on to a flat surface. There was liquified breast cancer tissue in the plastic. You'd probably love MONA - Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart. Lots of wierd shit there.

I'm a more conservative type with a preference for impressionism ala Monet or the true classics ala Michelangelo. I stop at Dali and even then found some of his sculptures to be often shit (the fucking shoe covered in stuff). I do have a thing for Art Nouveau and even have a tattoo of the Chat Noir.

Still would've been a better cover for Rigor Mortis than the art they've chosen.

News Prong - New Album Cover Art Revealed 7 15.02.2014 by Ocean Sage
News The Cleansing - New Album Cover Art Revealed 7 20.03.2011 by JD
News Architects - New Album Cover Art Revealed 7 29.02.2012 by DrunkenFuck
News Kongh - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 7 21.11.2012 by Black Conundrum
News The Agonist - New Album Cover Art And More Revealed 7 06.11.2014 by PocketMetal