While fans were pleased to hear Minsk's hiatus ended last year, they will be even more pleased to know that the post-metal band has entered the studio to begin work on their new full-length record and first in over 5 years. After a two-year hiatus, "the band has been reinvigorated and has written their most ambitious material to date." The album is being recorded at Earth Analog studios outside of Champaign, Illinois throughout July/August and produced by long-time collaborator Sanford Parker. The as-of-yet untitled album will see an early 2015 release via Relapse Records.

Who's excited to hear the follow-up to With Echoes In The Movement Of Stone?

While you wait for the new material, check out some of Minsk's previous releases on Bandcamp.

Photo courtesy of Relapse Records

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Minsk

Posted: 30.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Xnoybis - 30.07.2014 at 16:13

Really great news. Been listening to Ritual Fires a bit lately, thrilled to read more is in the works.
Darkside Momo - 30.07.2014 at 16:17
Nice!
Mr. Doctor - 30.07.2014 at 16:33
I had a feeling that Craig would be the first to comment on it. Great news indeed.
Boxcar Willy - 30.07.2014 at 17:01
Ugh that studio makes me wet. Lookin forward to this.
Alex Fenger - 30.07.2014 at 20:27
Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.07.2014 at 17:01

Ugh that studio makes me wet. Lookin forward to this.

Well it makes my eyes wet... as in I'm crying. The walls are stone. HOW CAN YOU RECORD MUSIC IN A STONE WALLED ROOM. But then again they're the professional musicians, not me. I'm sure they know how to prevent horrid sound quality in that room.
Diverge - 30.07.2014 at 23:38
I can't wait. I greatly enjoyed Minsk's last album, and I'm quite hopeful their next one will stand out!

News Amorphis - Back In The Studio Recording New Album, Out In 2011 8.5 01.10.2010 by MeloDeathViking
News Delain - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 15.09.2011 by mariano
News Wolfheart - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 25.08.2014 by Alondate
News Angelus Apatrida - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 15.12.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Darkest Hour - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 12.09.2013 by Ace Frawley