Former UFO and Waysted bassist Pete Way has been given the all-clear after a battle with prostate cancer with which he was diagnosed last year. Way's solo album Walking On The Edge, which was put on hold during his health battle, is due for release later this year.

The 63-year-old rocker tells Classic Rock Magazine: "I met some amazing people during my treatment. I had radiotherapy and all that stuff, and I'll never be able to listen to an addict again tell me how hard it is to stop using. I'd say, 'You're fucking mad - just come down to the cancer club to put it all into perspective.' I'm ashamed when I think of the things I did, testing every drug you can imagine."

"I thought the blood in my pee must have been linked to the drugs I had taken down the years," he said. "When they said I had cancer, I thought I was going to die. Then when they told me it was gone, it was a strange anticlimax now I can't use the cancer as an excuse for having a sore head."

He continues: "I'm sad to say that I've lost touch with some of the people I met during my treatment. I have no idea if some of them are alive or dead. My heart goes out to them and their families. I was so lucky that I had symptoms, because some people don't, and then it can be too late to treat.

"All men over 50 should go and get tested - it's a simple procedure and it could save your life."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: UFO

Posted: 01.08.2014 by Bad English

Comments

Mattybu - 01.08.2014 at 19:39
For once, some good health related news regarding a musician. Nice to know he is better
slayerules - 03.08.2014 at 01:40
Written by Mattybu on 01.08.2014 at 19:39

Just this! It was really sad to read only about people passing or suffering. I've never been a fan of UFO nor Pete Way, but of course it's nice to know he's welll.

And to those who are into drugs... lets read Pete's words and thing a little about them, seriously.
Mattybu - 03.08.2014 at 05:58
Written by slayerules on 03.08.2014 at 01:40

Agreed, it's becoming a cliche to point it out but way too many careers are cut short by that nonsense, or post-career lives.
NortheRnmost - 09.08.2014 at 12:48
We must face the fact that our metal heroes are getting old and these thing could happen to all of us. Great he is okay. I adore UFO.

News UFO - Pete Way Diagnosed With Cancer 9 12.11.2013 by Lit.
News Death SS - New Video Online And Album On The Way 2.5 22.12.2012 by I_Die_Often
News Y&T - Bassist Diagnosed With Cancer 2.5 09.08.2010 by Troy Killjoy
News Rush - Remixed Vapor Trails Album, New Box Set On The Way 2.5 04.08.2013 by Nemo Atkins
News Diabulus In Musica - New Album On The Way 2.5 10.02.2011 by HateSpark